FedEx Freight | Is it just me being stupid ?

Its all good, after my divorce I got to spend alot of time with my little ones, now that school is back in I can't even get close to seeing them, it sucks but thats trucking, food, freight, OTR, its all the same, nothing is predictable, glad you don't have to travel!! I bet thats alot better for you!! Very glad to see you back here!!!!

As you can see I'm not the only one happy to see you!! :clap:

My situation is the same.. The Industry got the best of me, and I went through the divorce cycle as well.. Luckily, I still have another year before mine starts school... so I am taking advantage of the time!

too many little trucking companies undercutting the bigger companies.

Yeah, but our bread and butter is larger national accounts where we can bundle our Ground/Express parcel and Freight divisions together.
Kind of like how Verizon and AT&T bundle their voice, data, and TV services together into one monthly bill.
In freight, no other LTL besides UPS can do this.
I would love to see a competitor such as Conway start up a parcel division.
Good luck with that...DHL sunk billions upon billions into it and came up dry...and they already had a large international-priorty service in the US.
It's true that these smaller cut-rate outfits usually beat us out on price when dealing with small to mid-sized shippers.
Only trouble is that alot of these outfits are having problems servicing these accounts.
The bottom-dweller rates are forcing them to cram trailers which = higher claims, freight left on the dock, long peddle routes with boatloads of stops, missed pickups, pissed-off drivers, hiring contractors, etc.
People seem to think that LTL is like truckload...and are generally not aware of the service differentiation between companies (on-time%, claims ratios, ease of settling claims, etc).
Either that, or they're under such enormous pressure to get the best rates, that they just don't care about overall value.
I suspect it's probably a little of both.
Eventually, customers will figure out that the cheapest rates aren't always the best (you get what you pay for) and we'll eventually see a so-called "flight to quality" where alot of this business will ride on our trucks even tho we generally charge more.
But this won't happen until truck capacity is reduced, the economy improves, and transportation supply/demand comes back into balance.

FILTH the Klown :clap:

And what does Bush have to do with 4.79 a gallon for gas???

You are going to say that Bush was a commodities trader and bidding up prices while being President at the same time???

That won't work. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

:shift:

No, but he might as well have been in bed with the commodities traders.

And what does Bush have to do with 4.79 a gallon for gas???

You are going to say that Bush was a commodities trader and bidding up prices while being President at the same time???

That won't work. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

We are a country at war and the oil men ( like bush and his buddies) are profiteers, bush the commander and thief could have stepped in and stopped it at any time. It was his texas oil buddies getting rich robbing this country.Someone said along time ago bush was president for a hand full of people not america.Bush made his millionare buddies billionares and you and I paid for it. If you watch an old lady getting mugged and you do nothing your just as guilty as the mugger. I thought bush was one of those christian republicans I have heard so much about.

We are a country at war and the oil men ( like bush and his buddies) are profiteers, bush the commander and thief could have stepped in and stopped it at any time. It was his texas oil buddies getting rich robbing this country.Someone said along time ago bush was president for a hand full of people not america.Bush made his millionare buddies billionares and you and I paid for it. If you watch an old lady getting mugged and you do nothing your just as guilty as the mugger. I thought bush was one of those christian republicans I have heard so much about.

I'm sorry that you had to go to a government school with a Marxist teacher that did not bother to teach you about supply and demand.
The reason that you had to pay $4.79 a gallon back when Bush was running the economy is that everybody was working and the US economy and the world economy along with China where using more crude oil per day than what was being produced worldwide.
Now that Obama killed the US economy along with most of the world, the economy went into a tailspin. Many people got laid off, and the demand for gasoline and diesel went down big time. So now that there is an abundance of petroleum product, prices have declined to match the lower demand.
So as long as you still have a job, you have to love the lower gasoline prices.

I'm sorry that you had to go to a government school with a Marxist teacher that did not bother to teach you about supply and demand.
The reason that you had to pay $4.79 a gallon back when Bush was running the economy is that everybody was working and the US economy and the world economy along with China where using more crude oil per day than what was being produced worldwide.
Now that Obama killed the US economy along with most of the world, the economy went into a tailspin. Many people got laid off, and the demand for gasoline and diesel went down big time. So now that there is an abundance of petroleum product, prices have declined to match the lower demand.
So as long as you still have a job, you have to love the lower gasoline prices.

It has nothing to do with supply and demand. As oil prices went up for no other reason than greed, you and I and the rest of america had less to spend. Take the last four years under bush. We paid more per week to fill our tanks. 50 60 70dollars per week. That was less money to spend on other things. Tell me what could you do with 3,4,5 thousand dollars over the last years. Buy a tv a bike go out to dinner. The economy crashed because no one had any money to spend on goods and services. I know some people who had to put gas on charge cards to get by and still are paying them off. They wont have any extra money for years to come. Bushes oil buddies pulled 80 billion dollars a quarter out of the economy. Tell me what you would have done with the money you so happily gave to the oil people, I bet you would have kept the economy rolling. The damage bush has done to this country will be with us for decades. Dont blame President Obama he was handed a a terrible mess to fix.

It has nothing to do with supply and demand. As oil prices went up for no other reason than greed, you and I and the rest of america had less to spend. Take the last four years under bush. We paid more per week to fill our tanks. 50 60 70dollars per week. That was less money to spend on other things. Tell me what could you do with 3,4,5 thousand dollars over the last years. Buy a tv a bike go out to dinner. The economy crashed because no one had any money to spend on goods and services. I know some people who had to put gas on charge cards to get by and still are paying them off. They wont have any extra money for years to come. Bushes oil buddies pulled 80 billion dollars a quarter out of the economy. Tell me what you would have done with the money you so happily gave to the oil people, I bet you would have kept the economy rolling. The damage bush has done to this country will be with us for decades. Dont blame President Obama he was handed a a terrible mess to fix.

I hope you are not holding your breath waiting on Obama to fix anything.
The man has never had a real job, outside of being a community agitator.
Now he has the whole country agitated, and you think he can fix health care?
As far as the amount of money you had to spend to fill your gas tank, you can thank your good buddies the tree huggers that never wanted the US to be independent of foreign oil. The same tree huggers that forced all of us to send our dollars to the Middle East and Venezuela to buy crude oil.
Sorry, I can't help you if this is too complicated for you to understand.

FM

Yes there is a politics fourm ...but I like to hear what the people I work with have to say .... :gathering:

Seems when I go to other foums I get the ..YOUR TROLLING ... message ...so I don't go anymore ...:duh:

I hope you are not holding your breath waiting on Obama to fix anything.
The man has never had a real job, outside of being a community agitator.
Now he has the whole country agitated, and you think he can fix health care?
As far as the amount of money you had to spend to fill your gas tank, you can thank your good buddies the tree huggers that never wanted the US to be independent of foreign oil. The same tree huggers that forced all of us to send our dollars to the Middle East and Venezuela to buy crude oil.
Sorry, I can't help you if this is too complicated for you to understand.

I never mention healthcare? I guess your admiting its broken too.

Than I will wait for your reply ...........running for popcorn and a cool glass of pepsi to enjoy the show - there I go trolling again