Reddaway | Is it just me?

Turtle2464

TB Regular
Credits
Am I the only one that feels like this forum is getting out of hand? I feel like we have to walk on eggshells around the mods just because a few guys said what they had to say the wrong way. 1 guy yanks someones chain and the one whose chain's being yanked, gets mad and says something in reaction. I just don't get how it got this far. Is it the members or is 1 individual mod taking it too far? Is that mod obsessed with keeping this forum under control? Is this forum being run by China?:smilie_132: Do I have to worry about being banned for posting this thread?

I'd like to get the views of other members on this. Are the mods taking it too far or am I?

We are trying to do just that, get it under control so it can be a nice venue for your discussions. Being part union and part non union complicates your membership. It takes time for us to weed out the troublemakers, because we want to be fair and not overreact also. As you said, once it turns into a cussing match, everyones wrong thats involved. I commend you on your patience, we have touched on this in PM. The big thing to remember is when the first stone is cast, don't hit REPLY, hit REPORT. We keep tally on the troublemakers and we give them one on one PM coaching, if that fails, they go on vacation. Granted some sneak back, however we can deal w/that also, especially with the help of all of you here. :1036316054:

We would not be here if it weren't for you.

While I may not agree with everything. it must be very frustrating to moderate this many people. I myself can understand there will be some heated discussions. The problem is when people leave the issue at hand and start cussing and degrading the poster rather than the post. Its a fine line sometimes. i think the mods are doing a good job. they can't see everything but they are quick to notice most. I personally don't think the mods are taking it too far. Sometimes i feel they don't act harsh enough. Of course my standards are high and expectations are just as I. I have been caught up in some heated discussions myself. I am not thinned skinned and people can call me any name in the book. It really doesn't bother me. I actually find it amusing at times. I come on this board and I know that people will act certain ways because they can't be identified. They get to hide behind a screen name and say things they would never say to anyone face to face. I recognize that. I also recognize that some also get on here just to stir the pot. That doesn't bother me either. It actually gives readers an opportunity to see who the idiots are and who the intelligent ones are. Those that post facts and don't run on emotions are the ones that most will respect and hear out. The others get weeded out and most people just start to ignore them anyway. Of course I'm human and can't help sometimes to jump right in. I do try to be tactful though. I think that is where the big difference is. You can have a debate and say things, even mean things but if you use common sense and your posts are respectful then you won't have problems.

Well I guess I could go on and on but I think i made my point. I have to say I do miss USF523. Mainly because he made making my points so easy for me.....:biglaugh:

Am I the only one that feels like this forum is getting out of hand? I feel like we have to walk on eggshells around the mods just because a few guys said what they had to say the wrong way. 1 guy yanks someones chain and the one whose chain's being yanked, gets mad and says something in reaction. I just don't get how it got this far. Is it the members or is 1 individual mod taking it too far? Is that mod obsessed with keeping this forum under control? Is this forum being run by China?:smilie_132: Do I have to worry about being banned for posting this thread?

I'd like to get the views of other members on this. Are the mods taking it too far or am I?

Well Turtle, you pretty much said it all in your 1st sentence. This forum was getting out of control. We received plenty of PM's from the members complaining about it, so we decided to clamp down and enforce the rules. You don't have to walk on egg shells as exhibited by many of the members who engage in heated debate without resorting to childish name calling. As far as one Moderator taking it to far, I assume you are referring to me. This forum has no "assigned" moderator, so it is part of my duty as a "global" mod to roam the boards and keep an eye on all the board's activities. If you have a problem with me, feel free to PM me, Smokestack, or Jeff if you are not satisfied with my response. From the posts we have seen, most of the forum members are happy with the way the direction of the Reddaway board has gone. If there is anything we can do to make it better for you, please ask us.

Well Turtle, you pretty much said it all in your 1st sentence. This forum was getting out of control. We received plenty of PM's from the members complaining about it, so we decided to clamp down and enforce the rules. You don't have to walk on egg shells as exhibited by many of the members who engage in heated debate without resorting to childish name calling. As far as one Moderator taking it to far, I assume you are referring to me. This forum has no "assigned" moderator, so it is part of my duty as a "global" mod to roam the boards and keep an eye on all the board's activities. If you have a problem with me, feel free to PM me, Smokestack, or Jeff if you are not satisfied with my response. From the posts we have seen, most of the forum members are happy with the way the direction of the Reddaway board has gone. If there is anything we can do to make it better for you, please ask us.
Well it wasn't any mod specific. I just wanted to know if other members thought any 1 mod was getting out of hand. We all know who the out of hand members are. I just feel that because of a couple loose cannons, we do have to walk on egg shells. I've been a member for what, about 2 or 3 years now I think, and I've seen a lot of things change. When this forum was just USF it was easy going. Little jabs where funny, no one got offended and for the most part, everyone got along. After it became USF Reddaway, it's just gone done hill. That's why I opposed separating the forums. That's the point I was trying to make going the route I did. Does that make sense? I just wanted to get other members opinions about it. Oh well, I think I'm gonna lay low anyway for a while. At least until it gets under control.:smilie_132:

I actually like the Reddaway threads. Its gotten out of hand mainly because of all the bull going on in Sac. There are some very passionate people out there and while I don't mind the little jabs it was getting out of control. The posts I mind are the ones where the person says the same thing over and over and posts it on multiple threads just to be an ***. I myself don't feel like I'm walking on eggshells. I and many others still make little jabs here and there. I think the main problem was the same person coming on here and being obnoxious and not really contributing anything to any of the discussions. I personally think its not the mods but there a some that are very thin skinned and get upset very easily. Which I can understand when one is passionate about an issue. But we just have to remember that this is an internet forum with faceless people. Take it with a grain of salt and by all means have fun. I laugh myself damn near out the chair on some the stupid posts. I could get mad but then that means they win. People only mess with those they know it bothers. If a post bothers me I take a short jab and LMAO. After all its only words.

If the pot has settled, I can do my best to stir,whip,puree and thicken it up to a thick, pasty, clay like consistency, if you would like. Pot stirrer extrordinaire I am. Teamster Elvis out...

If the pot has settled, I can do my best to stir,whip,puree and thicken it up to a thick, pasty, clay like consistency, if you would like. Pot stirrer extrordinaire I am. Teamster Elvis out...

Hey now you can't take my title...........:hide::biglaugh::hysterical::smilie_132:

Trouble makers????

We are trying to do just that, get it under control so it can be a nice venue for your discussions. Being part union and part non union complicates your membership. It takes time for us to weed out the troublemakers, because we want to be fair and not overreact also. As you said, once it turns into a cussing match, everyones wrong thats involved. I commend you on your patience, we have touched on this in PM. The big thing to remember is when the first stone is cast, don't hit REPLY, hit REPORT. We keep tally on the troublemakers and we give them one on one PM coaching, if that fails, they go on vacation. Granted some sneak back, however we can deal w/that also, especially with the help of all of you here. :1036316054:

We would not be here if it weren't for you.

What do you consider trouble makers?:whistle:

GBA:USA:

I have to say the mods here are good to go. I was banned for a while, but when I came back they treated me like I had never left. I have no probs with any of them. The board was out of control, and I think those guys have been taken care of.