ODFL | Is it slow???

JIM BOB said:
New account starting,it'll trickle down to other terminals.This type of freight fills trailers fast.Means more trailers needed,tractors,and on it goes.You'll know it when you see it.

Is this the Dell account? :bicycle:

against

Sorry,it's against my policy to mention a customer's name.If you don't know yet you will in days to come.We have a large work force where I am and are really going thru some freight almost every day.Problem is still power.

What exercise equipment company that needs home deliveries made are we still missing? If it's more of that ::shit::, it can kiss my ***. :Bazzoka-Cow:

Chill

You're right about that Billylo,but this is riding frt,just chill out.If it ain't there ,it's coming.

JIM BOB said:
Sorry,it's against my policy to mention a customer's name.If you don't know yet you will in days to come.We have a large work force where I am and are really going thru some freight almost every day.Problem is still power.

I go into GBO every night and it seems to me we have plenty of power there... What you seem to be short on is trailers. Especially empties, to load shorthaul on. So I get to wait... and wait... So how do you plan to handle MORE freight?

power shortage

Most of the shortage comes from deadlining a tractor to the shop and it's slow coming out.Usually waiting on parts.Earl didn't tell me how he was going to handle all this freight..........That's a joke son.

Skywalker said:
And they just keep on hiring and training more drivers!Been seeing it everywhere I go.

Present class is now on the road with trainers.Next class starts in November as far as I know.

we have not slowed to much, city drivers still running line haul W/Es, another class this month. 3 runs were canceled the day after Columbus day.

I work for YELLOW and as I look at all the companies on this message board it seems that most companies are slow. But for some good news the DOW posted a record in gains today beating a seven and a half year record. Things will start happing soon.

elections

I think it will too.We got a big blast end of the week.Almost all the Christmas stuff is gone.We need to get the elections behind us and hope for a mild winter in the north and midwest.

Team schedule

I counted 30 sets of hooked empties on the yard when I went out last.

I keep waiting for the Christmas rush.

JIM BOB said:
nope,this crossed the water.

con-way just got a deal with an ocean container company...
APL logistics or something....

i think they call it LCL less than container load and their ad says something like overseas to your front door....

how is OD doing this too??? is it the new market? i know when i worked at roadway i unloaded a few (UGLY) containers

LCL huh sounds like a fancy name for a container consolidation division. Kind of like being a international forwarder. Many companies have been doing that here since the first city was founded in the US. A company picks up your shipment consolidates it at a port city with other shipments going to the same country or region ships it to another port using a agent who sees it along through customs at destination country and sees to delivery. Been going on since ships were on the seas.

Its complicated and time consuming.
There are many problems getting it through destination customs. Often freight is held by foreign customs. Send it to the wrong destination and it is very costly to get it to correct destination. Sometimes its just not worth delivering to consignee for many reasons all the way to the door. Sometimes it gets held by corrupt customs agents or a small error in paperwork is found and gets auctioned off by destination customs. There are many fees involved so quoting the correct rate is very difficult. I would not be to impressed with this service International freight is nothing new the competitors have been doing it long before trucks were invented and are not going to lose customers easily already having means to move a small shipment by Air Land and Sea and have long term relations with overseas agents that also have been in business for many generations.