Holland | Is it true ?

[quote author=loaded up link=topic=76992.msg813998#msg813998 date=1268870693]
what is DA ?
[/quote]What? Did you forget about your own B.S. story?

[quote author=team486 link=topic=76992.msg814015#msg814015 date=1268875214]
that would be freds hangout
[/quote]Terminal code for Dayton. Pretty hard to decipher isnt it? :o

[quote author=shoeman link=topic=76992.msg813899#msg813899 date=1268831089]
[quote author=loaded up link=topic=76992.msg813843#msg813843 date=1268799601]
im a regional road driver,i was shooting the breeze at a customer the other day with a few drivers in the breakroom and i heard a dayton driver from holland talk about this. Dave said he heard they were going to buy it as soon as holland filed for the "B" word,which was expected to be around the first week in april. i was shocked to hear him say that,most holland drivers are very adamant about the company not heading for the "B" word. i feel for you holland drivers,i have never met a holland driver that was not a nice,courteous driver.
[/quote]Not only was it heard in a breakroom but on top of that it was from a trashy DA driver. geez. ;D
[/quote]Honestly Loaded Up, How in the hell do you hide the labotomy scars when your nuckles are dragging so close to the ground?
You need to work on something more entertaining for your highly anticipated next post. Boomer

Wow,did I strike a nerve or something? Sorry my DNA was not genetically coded with Holland's terminal code abbreviations. I'm just telling you what Dave in Dayton said. So much for the admiration for the Holland drivers. I'm just looking to get out of regional driving and go where the money is.I'm reading here and other LTL posts to get a feel for what is going on in the business. I'm not no spring chicken anymore,I need to find a good company to work for that is not going out of business and pays good. Just wanted to check out what the "DA" driver,as you call it, was talking about. I recently spoke with another Holland driver and he told me Dave was not the sharpest knife in the drawer. So now I am still stuck wondering which LTL is hiring and which one will be around till I reach retirement.

Listen gang, I worked for holland for 10 years..The old TNT--- the USF takeover. I can tell you guys this, I know for a fact that the coopers don't have, nor could finance "Holland Motor Express", if they wanted. When Thomas( ie TNT) came into play in the mid 80s, the Coopers were nearly bankrupt then. Why do you think we took off like a B.O.H. after Thomas and cooper signed the papers? It certainly wasn't the cooper influence. It was the TNT, and Mike Gorno. so you guys can dream on, but it "aint" happening.

[quote author=mkd101 link=topic=76992.msg807490#msg807490 date=1267401945]
the last cooper working at holland was scott and he is gone
[/quote]

What became of Jerry Cooper in Jackson, then??? That was Scott's brother, wasn't it???

[quote author=Forty-Five link=topic=76992.msg816667#msg816667 date=1269620082]
[quote author=mkd101 link=topic=76992.msg807490#msg807490 date=1267401945]
the last cooper working at holland was scott and he is gone
[/quote]

What became of Jerry Cooper in Jackson, then??? That was Scott's brother, wasn't it???
[/quote]Yes it was. To the best of my knowledge, Jerry is enjoying retirement

Just to set the record straight, the Cooper Family were the original owners. There is one Cooper still alive and he is in his 80's. Very doubtful he's interested in purchasing or saving Holland at this stage and time.

And maybe the Roush family will buy back Roadway from YRC.Dollar bill bought Roadway and Holland for one reason, to keep yellow afloat.just my opinion

[quote author=tsr link=topic=76992.msg816913#msg816913 date=1269701022]
Just to set the record straight, the Cooper Family were the original owners. There is one Cooper still alive and he is in his 80's. Very doubtful he's interested in purchasing or saving Holland at this stage and time.
[/quote]

When did Scott Cooper and his brother die ?? Thought the grandsons and dad were still alive.