Is nemf and eastern freight the same?

Last-Ride

TB Lurker
Credits
Just curios, eastern has jobs posted all up and down the east coast. Maybe someone can post a company rundown for nemf, I have been told its a machinist union contract, but only heresay.

Eastern Freightways at one time was owned by Shevell.It happened to mysteriously close when his brother disappeared,and the Associated Transport company went bankrupt around 1976's.He wanted out of the Teamsters Pension Fund.His brother doubled crossed the union on pension contributions and he was found murdered later on.So in coclusion he filed bankruptcy,closed the Eastern and then bought NEMF. Got rid of the Teamsters there saying they would close if they do not decertify and then joined the IAM.A baker and candlestick makers union. NO teeth,and no pension for retirees. The pension is awful,just to keep the teamsters out. Around 1994 Eastern reappeared after 20 years in hiding. I guess he hoped that people would forget about the bankruptcy,hosing of the Teamsters and the such. They operate as NorthEast truckload carrier, with sleepers,but day cabs are popping up for LTL operation in the N/E. Another shell game to hose the once mightyTEAMSTERS!!!!!

Thank you all for the information. I have already applied on there net application, just wasn't to sure how they operated. As things stand for me right now I would take a job from them, not much available here in the north east.

:biglaugh:I worked for A. T. at that time and they said Danny S. shot him self behind the head. I know Tony Pro would not have ordered a hit. Mike S. is still head honcho i think.

Eastern Freightways at one time was owned by Shevell.It happened to mysteriously close when his brother disappeared,and the Associated Transport company went bankrupt around 1976's.He wanted out of the Teamsters Pension Fund.His brother doubled crossed the union on pension contributions and he was found murdered later on.So in coclusion he filed bankruptcy,closed the Eastern and then bought NEMF. Got rid of the Teamsters there saying they would close if they do not decertify and then joined the IAM.A baker and candlestick makers union. NO teeth,and no pension for retirees. The pension is awful,just to keep the teamsters out. Around 1994 Eastern reappeared after 20 years in hiding. I guess he hoped that people would forget about the bankruptcy,hosing of the Teamsters and the such. They operate as NorthEast truckload carrier, with sleepers,but day cabs are popping up for LTL operation in the N/E. Another shell game to hose the once mightyTEAMSTERS!!!!!

Might wanna check out some facts about the IAM pension there fella. It's in far better shape than the teamsters pension.

I spent the last 24 years chasing the pension, "Living The Dream", only to see the company(Yellow) and Hoffa, pull a smoothie,and knock alot of us on the street in very tough times, I simply need a paycheck and hopefully, someday, catch a break.

Might wanna check out some facts about the IAM pension there fella. It's in far better shape than the teamsters pension.

If the IAM pension got any better that is news to me?Last time I heard and checked from my NEMF friend it is still a joke. At least you get a monthly check from the Teamsters instead of lump sum when you retire from IAM. Numbers do not - out in long run.

It is now the IAM Pension. Previously it was just a company funded savings account. The former was a higher contribution rate though, $2/hour. The new IAM Pension is less, it should be back to 2 dollars by the end of this contract.

Mike is a great man-so what is wrong wit hosing the teamsters-so mighty now how com they cant save YRC-what a joke. smart companies (ups) paid thier blood money and ran-they are the smart companies-that will be around in 10 years. Maybe the funny t-shirts that proudly show the double head horse you wear will hang in the closet when there are no more teamster companies left.