Is nemf disparaging the teamsters with this comment

imovaherenow

TB Regular
Credits
I PULLED THIS OFF THEIR WEBSITE AND THEY ARE SELLING THAT THEY ARE NON-TEAMSTER....AND THEY WAY THEY RUN THINGS I WOULD SAY ANTI-UNION...READ THIS

Financial Stability
NEMF stands out as one of the most financially stable regional carriers in the Northeast. We continually invest in upgrading our terminals and modernizing our fleet without resorting to onerous debt. Most importantly, NEMF is a family-owned, non-teamster carrier that can commit to a long-term partnership with you.

I understand that nemf is in the machinest union..my question is why put ur a non-teamster...if ur proud of ur union put were in the machinest union..i think their slighting teamsters and also if u look at every non-union carrier or non teamster 's website they dont put anything referring their non affiliaition to the teamsters

Do you think the person who put that on the website is on this forum?

Do you think anyone on this forum cares?

If it's gonna keep up at night, email corp and ask them.

Well if you think about it a bit....It seems as if just about every "Teamster" unionized company seems to be in turmoil. That leads to unstable employees which in turn leads to a less than desirable attitude from the driver (the face of the company to it's customers). So perhaps by making that statement they are advertising "Service without drama". Just an opinion

first of all they do read these boards...second i feel they are using the term non-teamster to seperate themselves from a"union enviroment"...i'm curious how any nemf steward would feel if they knew the company they defend is basically selling against their interests....whether its teamster or not union its a union.and again my question is...why say "were not teamsters"

first of all they do read these boards...second i feel they are using the term non-teamster to seperate themselves from a"union enviroment"...i'm curious how any nemf steward would feel if they knew the company they defend is basically selling against their interests....whether its teamster or not union its a union.and again my question is...why say "were not teamsters"

A majority of us in the freight world understand that there is more than one union in the freight industry and many non-union. However, to those that do not know that and NEMF goes in and says they are union.....most will automatically think Teamster. Sorry, but the general populations opinion of the Teamsters is generally not favorable.

I'm sorry you don't like nemf telling everyone that their nonteamster waaaaaaaa
everyone one here is taking cuts in pay because the teamster union sold out its member and should never allow all of its eggs to be placed in one basket called yrc

If it puts more freight on our trailers and prevents some of the lay-offs that are going to come I really don't care what they use as advertising.
Do you seriously think all the drivers laid off around the country care what type of advertising gets them back to work? I am a steward and I hope that our salesman, and the Shevelles continue to do anything they have to to keep our guys working!!!

hey, if nemf's biggest selling feature includes that "more importantly their family owned and non-teamster" then obviously their missing the big picture in selling....and that could why nemf is losing money,accounts and have already lost their integrity...

"Lost their integrity"............. LMFAO! You can't lose the tooth fairy, can you?

Im a teamster and happy making 22.50 a hour and work at your place part time and hear everybody ***** just like they do at my work. It's a never ending cycle it's nice working there at your place they treat you like a god.

Do you think the person who put that on the website is on this forum?

Do you think anyone on this forum cares?

If it's gonna keep up at night, email corp and ask them.

Hometown, you are reading my mind, this is such a non-issue. Imoverhere, I'm sorry, but, I think you might be over analyzing things.

Over anlyzing probably, but the only reason to put ur non-teamster is just another way of saying dealing with teamsters is a problem..no other...i repeat no other truckn company put that their union or non-union in their website,,,a non-union company dont even put their non-teamster which u would think they would...

It's simple to figure out. NEMF pays for the website, and being that we are not Teamsters, they can say we are not teamsters.

Since NEMF was a teamster compny at one time they are now proud of their company owned union.

This is a marketing tool as most of NEMS's competition is non union this makes the Machinist Union look like a weak union that will do anything NEMF desires.

Just look at the contract expiration dates? It guarentees no work stoppage.

The web site reads as it does so customers think the company can do whatever it desires with the puppet union approval.

:TR10driving03:

us being non teamster i could really care less...especially in the freight world..they sold out a long time ago making these back-door deals with these companies so their pockets get aftter while the members are being told to take cuts with a smile and like it...is that what being a true teamster in the freight industry is these days? arent they supposed to put the meber who pays dues first and the companies second or has the greed got to them?..make fun of the machinists union all you want..at least i know my pension is there and the funds are being deposited and not frozen..hell coca cola by mean which is teamsters voted out the teamster pension and voted in the machinists one..wonder why that is

I PULLED THIS OFF THEIR WEBSITE AND THEY ARE SELLING THAT THEY ARE NON-TEAMSTER....AND THEY WAY THEY RUN THINGS I WOULD SAY ANTI-UNION...READ THIS

Financial Stability
NEMF stands out as one of the most financially stable regional carriers in the Northeast. We continually invest in upgrading our terminals and modernizing our fleet without resorting to onerous debt. Most importantly, NEMF is a family-owned, non-teamster carrier that can commit to a long-term partnership with you.

that non teamster remark has been in their sales literature since the early 80's
i guess they had a bad experience back then with local 560

no labor stoppages is insured by the way their sweetheart contract(s) is set up
each terminal has their own agreement in which each expires on different dates to take the bite out of any potential collective threat
what union genius developed that system, oh i forgot they are non teamster machinist locals
the reality is simply this
(using their own words) nemf commits to a long term partnership with everyone ( especially the union ) but the YOU does not include their employees

Worked there in the late seventy' ( Associated Transport } and i want to know who shot Danny. S.. Please don't say *******. Happy Holidays men. P.S. if it was one of you i won't rat you out.