Is Sysco a good company to work for?

Hi just wondering how it is at Sysco. I applied for a job in Wisconsin/Upper Michigan.

They are a good place to work here in CA. You will probably like it if its the same as the Sysco Foods that are here. Good equipment and great wages. Good luck.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

We are Union here, by the hour but with ABC pay (activity based compensation) I threw 4650 cases last week and I grossed 1537.00 for 4 days, granted alot of those cases came off by pallet jack at the hospitals, either way, I'm banking big dough yo!! LOL!! I am, throwing around 95 cases per hr and working 50 hrs, if I can knock that down to around 43hrs my check wil be somewhere in the 1800's for the week, so yea Sysco is a good place to work if you wanna work hard, and fast, and make money.

Sysco Cleveland

Depending on your location, look at all options. Sysco Cleveland is Union, truck loading is poor, routing teeters on the ridiculous. However, I have to agree with some of the drivers...is you can haul butt and not make errors there is money to be made. I am usually scheduled for 55 hours per week, however I rarely work more than 35, and I generally gross somewhere between 1275 - 1400 per week.

Hi Matt,

Dang dude your fast!!!! The guy I work nights with is super fast, there is another guy on days that is as fast as him, I'm in awe at how quick those 2 are, I'm no slouch and I can hold my own but I'm not near as quick as I used to be! Welcome to the boards Brother!!

Applied at sysco memphis.

I need to know how the abc pay works and what i can average in the beginning far as pay?

Abc

Our ABC is simple...

1.85 per Stop
.23 per case (handled cases)
mileage pay varies, from 78CPM down to 34CPM depending on miles driven daily
$18 pre/post trip
$50 backhauls
detention/delay time after 1 hour

pretty much....800 case route, 15 stops, 50 in town miles =

$184 Cases, $27.75 Stops, $18 pre/post trip, $39 mileage pay

$268.75 for the route

Figure in any overtime.......or just hump it off in less than 8 hours and go drink beer!

So figure ..... 8 hours = $33.60 per hour
10 hours = $26.87 per hour
12 hours = $22.40 per hour

Like I said....it is what you make of it, you can sit around and ***** about your load, the buried cases, the routing, and every other thing you can think of....or you can simply face the fact that its just food and at the end of the day the trailer will be empty and go get the job done so you can spend time with your family......Seriously, its just food!

Like I said....it is what you make of it, you can sit around and ***** about your load, the buried cases, the routing, and every other thing you can think of....or you can simply face the fact that its just food and at the end of the day the trailer will be empty and go get the job done so you can spend time with your family......Seriously, its just food!

I'm printing this and hanging it our office!

Thanks for the info..where r u out of..and when I talk some drivers they work 4days in the city and five if u r out of town is it the same there?

Each Sysco house if different in how they set up runs, we all for the most part work five days Mon-Fri, there are a few Saturday runs. I work in Columbus, Ohio.

I went in took a test of a lot of the same question at the memphis hub..the human resource manager told me they won't be hiring until the schools open back up..he told me normally they always need drivers because of business..

We are seeing a bit of a downturn because of school being out, we do a summer bid for 3 months and then the other bid is for 9 months, if that tells you anything. Anything could happen, injury, attrition, its a revolving door sometimes, seems to me if a guy will stick it out for a year, he will stay, the guys we hire fall out within that year, most of the guys at my place have been there 4 plus yrs and they aren't going anywhere, I think its a good place to work, I sure enjoy it.

Well GT I can't say its a revolving door here in memphis or jackson,ms I am trying to work at either one...most of the guys I talk to when I see them complain a lot but have been there for yrs

Its all throwing groceries, Sysco pays the best as far as broadline, thats as far as I know, its the best paying foodservice job I have ever had, I make more here at Sysco than I did at Fedex Freight, city or road and I did both about 50/50 for 7 years, I know I'm staying put right at Sysco.