Reddaway | Is the company's latest offer even an offer?

Fthemwithasmile

TB Lurker
Credits
So we are voting on the latest offer from the company this weekend and I get word last night that the IBT and Company can't even come to an agreement on what we are voting on. The IBT took over negotiations after we voted down the last offer and now the Local unions have been given something for us to vote on. The problem is that the IBT is telling the Locals that we will have the full medical restored in 2012 and the company is saying 2013. This coiuld be upwards of $.50 an hour that we would either be paying out of pocket or not.

With this latest developement I will be voting no when I probably would have voted yes before I got this new information. How can I vote yes on something that I do not know what it contains? This is ridiculous.

Agreed. I have to vote no. Knowing how this company manipulates and interprets a clear contract, leaving any gray areas is just asking for more abuse.

As the senior member of the Negotiating Team, and one of the participants of the recent Vote results, I'd like to say, I'm proud of all of you who voted a strong NO vote this time!! I hope it sent a strong message to those concerned!!I know that the over hour Teleconference with the Chairman, and the IBT Rep, unglued them. Simply put- What we offered in October to the IBT rep WAS our best offer for a ratified vote. They didn't deliver, and anything less is unacceptable!!