XPO | Is There A Chance?

[quote author=gunner1119 link=topic=81910.msg846853#msg846853 date=1279123201]
All FACs don't have shops. RED TAG!!!! WHAT A JOKE. That fork lift has been red tagged several times in the last 2 years over this same thing and all that happens is they say nothings is wrong with it and rip it off.
[/quote]
All you can do is red-tag it again. Eventually, something will get done. Unless EVERYBODY gives up. FOS, FOM, SCM, regional manager, regional safety guy, company frickin' president. Make a stink to someone! I would make it my mission to red-tag that lift EVERY DAY and make a member of management aware that I did it EVERY DAY until they got so tired of hearing about it that they did something. You give up and the lazy, slacking, do-just-what-they-have-to-do-to-get-by-until-they-retire people win. Look at it as a challenge, a diversion from the day-to-day hum-drum monotony you endure.

[quote author=primadona link=topic=81910.msg847079#msg847079 date=1279166100]
All you can do is red-tag it again. Eventually, something will get done. Unless EVERYBODY gives up. FOS, FOM, SCM, regional manager, regional safety guy, company frickin' president. Make a stink to someone! I would make it my mission to red-tag that lift EVERY DAY and make a member of management aware that I did it EVERY DAY until they got so tired of hearing about it that they did something. You give up and the lazy, slacking, do-just-what-they-have-to-do-to-get-by-until-they-retire people win. Look at it as a challenge, a diversion from the day-to-day hum-drum monotony you endure.
[/quote]

This is not a joke.

Lives are at stake...jobs are at stake.

Just retagging the lift until it is fixed is a gross violation of policy. Every manager in that facility who was aware of the problem should be terminated.

But that isn't about to happen.

This just confirms what I have been saying all along.

Con-Way's number one core value...SAFETY...is nothing more than a myth.

Something sold to OSHA...the customers...and the general public. No substance....lots of posters...videos...and talk...but no substantive action. Just say it alot...move your arms a bit in the videos...and all is good.

The management peeps are a failure...they cannot be counted on to provide even the most basic expectations of the average employee...a safe work environment.

Let it cost money...or interfere with production...then fuggedaboudit!
Happened at my barn all the time. I refused to drive 'em...nobody said a word as they knew someone else would drive it :buttkisser:...

This company's is so full of BS that it would make Nancy P. blush.

Phonies all....

Rat

[quote author=gunner1119 link=topic=81910.msg846540#msg846540 date=1279035745]
What really pisses me off is the condition a lot of the forklifts are in. I was on a forklift the other night and the brakes grabbed so hard that you had to brace yourself before touching the pedal . Plus tires so square that your back hurts after a long night of thump thump thump!!!!
[/quote] i watch morons every day run over plywood boards, and various dunnage instead of picking it up, housekeeping saves towmotor wheels

[quote author=primadona link=topic=81910.msg847079#msg847079 date=1279166100]
[/quote]

I don't need an equipment challenge...what I need are tools that are well maintained and safe.

Can't provide them...or aren't willing to so so...

Then shut your pie hole and spare me the safety first BS!

Its old and insulting.

Rat

[quote author=angry lcp link=topic=81910.msg848195#msg848195 date=1279464782]
i watch morons every day run over plywood boards, and various dunnage instead of picking it up, housekeeping saves towmotor wheels
[/quote]Years ago I used to make forklift tires. What causes flat spots is a soft spot in the tire it's self. The tire not heating up in the mold corectly, tire loosing it's adheasion to the rim. The problem is how it was made and not how it is used. Just flat out wore out.

[quote author=Rat link=topic=81910.msg854033#msg854033 date=1280725311]
I don't need an equipment challenge...what I need are tools that are well maintained and safe.

Can't provide them...or aren't willing to so so...

Then shut your pie hole and spare me the safety first BS!

Its old and insulting.

Rat
[/quote]
Wow. Sorry you're so easily insulted.
You want well-maintained equipment, but you don't want to put any effort into making sure it happens.
If you don't write things up or take them to the shop, how can you expect them to fix it?
So you go ahead and complain but do nothing.
Don't worry, there's probably someone else out there willing to do the right thing; someone who hasn't given up yet; someone who will make the effort so next time you get on the lift it works properly.
Now, for some reason I'm really hungry for some pie... :wavey:

[quote author=angry lcp link=topic=81910.msg848195#msg848195 date=1279464782]
i watch morons every day run over plywood boards, and various dunnage instead of picking it up, housekeeping saves towmotor wheels
[/quote]

Why don't you pick up the plywood?