Yellow | Is there a dress code in Hsb?

B

Beanbuzz

Hey all !
Coming to Hsb. from Atlanta on the change and was wondering if shorts are acceptable on the dock and yard? O.K. , don't beat me too hard.:hide: Originally started out at LCP and took a change to ATL about 15yrs. ago. and just coming back to Pa. to ease into retirement. A couple years maybe, depends on the future economy.

Hey all !
Coming to Hsb. from Atlanta on the change and was wondering if shorts are acceptable on the dock and yard? O.K. , don't beat me too hard.:hide: Originally started out at LCP and took a change to ATL about 15yrs. ago. and just coming back to Pa. to ease into retirement. A couple years maybe, depends on the future economy.

hi beanbuzz.......dont know about the dresscode there.....just letting you know we are heading east on friday......thurs is my last day in atl and will begin utility in charleston sc on sunday at 630pm.......be careful going to pa.......take care.....:1036316054:

Yeah, Good luck to you too. your are going to a beautiful area. Been there ,could have stayed.
Anyway, we are both getting out of the Atlanta RAT RACE and that's a good thing. I'm leaving out Friday with the RV which I might be living in for a LONGGGG! time. Momma's gonna stay here till the house is sold. I've got a Hot Shoter coming to pick up my scoot on Friday and meet me in Carlisle on Sunday. So I will at least have that when I get there.
Again, GOOD LUCK ! and keep in touch.

Dress code

I was at the open house, and asked steve B. about a dress code. He said shorts and a muscle shirt ok, you must have a shirt on. I asked about steel tips, he said it must be a leather work boot, but did not mandate steel tips, but the LCP guys must wear steal tips in lancaster.
See ya on Sunday night --HSB's(CDL qualified dock extra board trash)....

Though it might not be a "rule" perhaps we should state that some dress code items have to be self policed. Here are some tasteful ideas:

1. No "Daisy Duke" cut-off shorts will be permitted. Any driver in such shorts and being in excess of 250 lbs. will be removed from the property.

2. Spandex will not be permitted. Nobody wants to see your "junk".

These are just some guidelines for good taste. Feel free to add more if you wish.

:chairshot:

or not?

Be sure to wear shirts and hats emblazoned with the logo of trucking company that employed you while on layoff.:rolleyes1:

steel toes

I was at the open house, and asked steve B. about a dress code. He said shorts and a muscle shirt ok, you must have a shirt on. I asked about steel tips, he said it must be a leather work boot, but did not mandate steel tips, but the LCP guys must wear steal tips in lancaster.
See ya on Sunday night --HSB's(CDL qualified dock extra board trash)....

Most of the freight in this industry is palletized. So why anyone should have to wear steel toes is utter nonsense! Especially during the winter! The steel toe makes it so hard to keep your feet warm! Glad I won't have to wear them anymore!!! It's just like when we couldn't wear shorts at LCP! WHY? Thank Jesus C. they got over that one! The problem with some of the rules is that, the people who make them, sit in a climate controlled office all year! I'm surprized they don't have to wear hard hats at LCP! :hide:

Most of the freight in this industry is palletized. So why anyone should have to wear steel toes is utter nonsense! Especially during the winter! The steel toe makes it so hard to keep your feet warm! Glad I won't have to wear them anymore!!! It's just like when we couldn't wear shorts at LCP! WHY? Thank Jesus C. they got over that one! The problem with some of the rules is that, the people who make them, sit in a climate controlled office all year! I'm surprized they don't have to wear hard hats at LCP! :hide:
Most rules can be ignored after about two weeks.

Basically any form of proper attire is acceptable at HSB, however, I heard that former LCP Steward Bill L. had to get a haircut and a shave...:biglaugh:

They wear steel tip boots due to OSHA rules. They get real cold in the winter, to the point that your toes are going to fall off. They don't need hard hats at LCP because they are mostly hard headed conservative republicans. So why wear them? You can smack them with a 2x4 and they would'nt know it.:biglaugh: