SAIA | is this true??

brutus

TB Veteran
Credits
heard from a former Saia driver that Saia was being sold. anybody else heard of this or is it just a ex-employee trying to get some kind of pay back.

Saia is in big doo da. Look at the numbers, look at the raises, None. Check their stock lately? Saia Will be Bought out so they can compete nation wide. It might be a good thing. Bigger is better, at least that's what the all women tell me.

heard from a former Saia driver that Saia was being sold. anybody else heard of this or is it just a ex-employee trying to get some kind of pay back.

If indeed that is true, only time will bear it out whether the rumor is more than just that.

As for the numbers, they will fluctuate. Up, down, up, down. Just watch the entire stock market in general and the transportation sector in particular. It can be a wild ride. The economy in general has softened and as a result trucking stocks suffer on the market as well, irrespective of how a particular company is actually performing

Our recent acquisitons aren't doing as well as perhaps thought. If you saw some of the equipment coming through the system that both companies you would understand why. Poor maintenance, old, tired trucks and trailers...the list goes on.

Whoever would try to purchase the company had best come to the table with a well stuffed wallet.

I know Saia has bought out other companies in the past but I was not here at that time so I have no idea how the numbers faired, but I do know from prior experiences in business that the numbers often suffer after a purchase due to the expense involved. I would expect that with time the numbers will improve from the added revenue provided by these purchases. BTW, everyone is for sale, and there will always be rumors. It's like death and taxes...

After Saia bought out Clark Brothers the numbers looked bad!! The operation ratio went way up from claims being paid!! I think rumors of Saia being bought out have been here since i started my first day 7 years ago!! If you look at all the other LTL companies they all have rumors floating around!! I think truck drivers talk more then anyone!!

We are to small to go nation wide and too big to remain regional. Why would anyone want to buy a misfit?

In LTL trucking there are so many buyouts there cant be that much left to buyout and close down. I am from the Midwest i have herd of "New England Motor Freight" but it isn't on my radar. Saia has done alot of growing fast there numbers will get better soon it will just take a little time. Freight market is rough for everybody right now. I am sure you know that.

Saia is a stock company

Anybody with enough money to purchase majority stock can own saia to extent and control management, as long as being traded on stock exchange, the stock is reflection of management and their cooking the numbers, I don't know if Mr. Odell has any clut as to how bad this place has been run but facts speak by stock price and lack of confidence from investers, I just hope that we have a change in direction and knew management in key positions in maintenance and safery as well as line haul director. thanks for venting:biglaugh:

I gotta question or few

The subject of the stock price keeps coming up. Now I am wondering just exactly what time period this subject matter covers. Here lately, the stock market has gone from super hot to a panic driven drop. Has the stock price dropped to below the original issue price? How does the valuation of the company stock compare to other stocks in the same market sector? As a service driven company just how much does the overall economy affect the share price? Is there panic selling on the open market of Saia shares? Are other trucking companies of similar configuration seeing similar results?

Finally, mommasnightmare is right. Enough money paid and Saia can be all yours to run as you please.

Anybody with enough money to purchase majority stock can own saia to extent and control management, as long as being traded on stock exchange, the stock is reflection of management and their cooking the numbers, I don't know if Mr. Odell has any clut as to how bad this place has been run but facts speak by stock price and lack of confidence from investers, I just hope that we have a change in direction and knew management in key positions in maintenance and safery as well as line haul director. thanks for venting:biglaugh:

As a publicly traded company the company will be run with the thought in mind of investor profit. One might remember while the profit levels are not as great as the same time period as last year, the company is making money.

It would be nice to see the company to become debt free and self finance the capital expenditures instead of giving away enormous amount of money to some bank. That interest money would be better off working within the company instead of paying for some fat cigar smokin' banker and his office tower.

The subject of the stock price keeps coming up. Now I am wondering just exactly what time period this subject matter covers. Here lately, the stock market has gone from super hot to a panic driven drop. Has the stock price dropped to below the original issue price? How does the valuation of the company stock compare to other stocks in the same market sector? As a service driven company just how much does the overall economy affect the share price? Is there panic selling on the open market of Saia shares? Are other trucking companies of similar configuration seeing similar results?

Finally, mommasnightmare is right. Enough money paid and Saia can be all yours to run as you please.

Over the past 3 weeks, stocks has dropped over 13.00 a share.Been watching it since the DHL rumor ran rampant up north

Obviously, we as employees have a vested interest in the share price, but......if one has some additional funds available now might be an opportune time to purchase additional shares at a discount if one is so inclined. One might remember to take a long term view in dealing with the stock market.