Yellow | Is this true

wild thing

TB Lurker
Credits
Fed EX is picking up YRC freight even though it is for YRC and running it for free?conway has taken pay cuts and pension cuts and is running there freight for a loss.They want to put us out.If this is true P-D drivers need to stop crying and pick up every bit of freight they see. get the customer to give then the other company's freight!Put them out.And stop being doom and gloomers and bust your buts for a change.Show them that the teamsters ARE the best work force in the world and not a bunch of cry babys.And maybe just maybe we can get rid of Bill Z the real scumbay that has it all messed up!!!!thats all you hear on here ME ME me do your job and stop being a meeaster.The old saying WHEN TIMES GET TOUGH THE TOUGH GET GOING.
Time to fight and stop being wimps.:mfight::Duel:One last thing RUN LEGAL do it RIGHT.

So you don't think UPS or ABF are going after YRC freight or is it only the evil non-union companies after your freight?

Jeff maybe not your barn.But over the last 4 days I have had both fedex,conway drivers come to me with this.They came to me not me to them.And as for any other company I haven't talked to any other ones.I only know what they told me and the paperwork showed.Thats why I and asking!

Jeff maybe not your barn.But over the last 4 days I have had both fedex,conway drivers come to me with this.They came to me not me to them.And as for any other company I haven't talked to any other ones.I only know what they told me and the paperwork showed.Thats why I and asking!

Ya know, some people just love to keep stuff stirred up, some people wish the demise of others and wouldn't **** down your throat if your stomach was on fire.All sales people are going after other companies freight in this economy and they are ruthless, they have to feed their family too.

I have never been a big fan of downing another company to make another company look better, do some sales people do it? Sure they do, even the company you work for.

UPS and FEDEX in my opinion will be the last 2 standing, they have the most $$$ and neither are going away, when I say this I am not saying all other companies will go out of business but the UPS and FEDEX companies will set the standard for pricing.

There are only a handful of companies that can undercut others to get freight and be able to pull it off.
Most companies undercut and are too small to handle the freight, this is not the case at YRC , they could undercut easily because they have the network to handle the freight, but you got to make money on it too...
Operating at 127 means you have plenty of freight but you are not charging enough to haul it.
They will have to raise prices to get the capital to survive in my opinion, but when you raise prices the customers that only look at price move on to the next carrier.

What are the freight levels there? Is YRC making service on the freight they haul? Do you guys have freight falling off the dock or is it slow? Are you understaffed?

I can tell You from a UPS Freight perspective (at least up here in the Northeast) that freight levels have not had a significant spike in volume (if any at all)

I've actually heard on the contrary that UPS Freight isn't interested in the majority of what YRC hauls (which I find hard to believe)

UPS Freight is apparently more concerned with handling what they have and picking and choosing profitable freight - rather then going after anything and everything!

We're no busier now then We were a year ago!

Which is a direct reflection of new hires to this point which have remained at a consistent bear minimum (replacements of retiree's etc.)

I can tell You from a UPS Freight perspective (at least up here in the Northeast) that freight levels have not had a significant spike in volume (if any at all)

I've actually heard on the contrary that UPS Freight isn't interested in the majority of what YRC hauls (which I find hard to believe)

UPS Freight is apparently more concerned with handling what they have and picking and choosing profitable freight - rather then going after anything and everything!

We're no busier now then We were a year ago!

Which is a direct reflection of new hires to this point which have remained at a consistent bear minimum (replacements of retiree's etc.)

Money is everything, UPS and FEDEX are not interested at this time because of pricing and have the capital to wait it out. When you are struggling you have to create cash flow to show you have the potential to make money, YRC obviously has the potential since they are still Americas #1 carrier regardless of their financial status at this time.

I wish America would recover and everybody would be prosperous, but if YRC were to fall, I hope everybody lands on their feet with another company very soon.

I have alot of friends who work for this company and have many internet friends here too, alot of people here have uprooted their families for this company, went far beyond what I would have done... Let's face it, it does not look good for this company and there is no reason to sugar coat it, I hate to post some of the stuff here I do, but I want to keep the people informed so they can make an educated decision on what they want to do.

Fed EX is picking up YRC freight even though it is for YRC and running it for free?conway has taken pay cuts and pension cuts and is running there freight for a loss.They want to put us out.If this is true P-D drivers need to stop crying and pick up every bit of freight they see. get the customer to give then the other company's freight!Put them out.And stop being doom and gloomers and bust your buts for a change.Show them that the teamsters ARE the best work force in the world and not a bunch of cry babys.And maybe just maybe we can get rid of Bill Z the real scumbay that has it all messed up!!!!thats all you hear on here ME ME me do your job and stop being a meeaster.The old saying WHEN TIMES GET TOUGH THE TOUGH GET GOING.
Time to fight and stop being wimps.:mfight::Duel:One last thing RUN LEGAL do it RIGHT.
you can only haul frieght free for a little bit then they got to charge and the customer comes back to us:clap:

In OKC\531 we have too many people on laidoff Management too worried about working Overtime VS Bringing them back and are missing pickups daily pissing off customers. Cant show up 2 hrs after customer wants you there and expect to keep freight.
Another bad decision by management another reason I vote NO.
Bad Management = Bankrupcy:TR10driving03:
Love ya Jeff too bad you work for FED EX :shift:
Only dislike FEDEX because my brother in law:puke: (Wifes Brother)works for them.

In OKC\531 we have too many people on laidoff Managmnet too worried about working Overtime VS Bringing them back and are missing pickups daily pissing off customers. Cant show up 2 hrs after customer wants you there and expect to keep freight.
Another bad decision by managment another reason I vote NO.
Bad Managment = Bankrupcy:TR10driving03:
Love ya Jeff too bad you work for FED EX :shift:
Only dislike FEDEX because my brother in law:puke: (Wifes Brother)works for them.

They are not perfect,I never claim that, no company is....
I don't have a big time run, my bid is less than 200 miles total per day and I get to go out on the patio

It makes sense for Conway and FedEx to haul freight for free or at a loss till YRC is gone. They gota lot to gain> So do all the other carriers. YRC can't raise prices but they have to play the discount game now more then ever. That is the reason I think for the concessions..

Let me see if I got this right fed ex and conway are moving freight for free or at a loss just giving pricing away and yet they ccx actually made a 45 million $$$ profit this last quarter? hocus pocus just how do we find this magic formula ? to get us out of the mess we are in???Its one big consriracy and all non unions are in on it ????? What do you think this pos company is going to do after 5% give back ???? they will lower the rates as well as the standards for all other ltl carriers out there so when the gates close and we land a job at another carrier the pay will be less there also its a fight to the bottom and we are sertting the new standard!!!! vote no!!!!!!!!

It makes sense for Conway and FedEx to haul freight for free or at a loss till YRC is gone. They gota lot to gain> So do all the other carriers. YRC can't raise prices but they have to play the discount game now more then ever. That is the reason I think for the concessions..

That is where you are wrong, Did Yellow or Roadway undercut CF to put them out of business? The answer is no, they felt as if CF was going to go out of business without their help.

I think this is the way your major competitors feel, If they were to haul freight for a loss and lose money just to get freight, your customers will expect the same rate regardless if YRC goes out or not.

I don't speak for FEDEX or any company but I doubt very seriously they are competing with your pricing,and my opinion is the same for UPS, ABF AND CNW.

You have some loyalty, especially in good times, but the only loyalty now is Price

YRC has a $7-$8 billion dollar market they would kill for. If you don't think they are hauling {YRC customer freight} for nothing or even a loss then you must be a little naive. Who cares how you vote. You are the pos not the company. The company earns a living for a lot of teamsters and a few leaches like you

YRC has a $7-$8 billion dollar market they would kill for. If you don't think they are hauling {YRC customer freight} for nothing or even a loss then you must be a little naive. Who cares how you vote. You are the pos not the company. The company earns a living for a lot of teamsters and a few leaches like you

Damn dude, you are getting a little personal aren't you? Push the glass vagina issues aside and think of it from a business standpoint and quit wearing your feelings on your sleeve, if FEDEX were to do that, you can bet your *** UPS and ABF will also and I personally don't think either of them are

I am going to back out of this thread because I know you guys have enough on your mind, I apologize if anyone else took my views out of context,I am not trying to add to your problems.