Yellow | Is this true

I remember (being from buffalo) when Holland tried to reclaim all the old red star freight
When they moved east, they couldn’t compete. Yellow, roadway and new penn slashed they’re prices so low in the east Holland couldn’t match them. Which might have something to do with why they own Holland today.

Well it ain't been to long ago I was a shipper in Indianapolis and watched a YRC driver picking up stuff and he saw Fed Ex stuff sitting there and asked the shipper if he could take it since it was close to closing time and there was no way they would get it picked up in time. Shipper said give him a minute and sent someone out to change everything.

P.S. for any ConWay people looking at this, don't look so mean at us when we show up on your yards to pick up a load, yeah I know its your frieght and its taking someone else's load BUT hey if yaw'll could do it WE wouldn't be on your yard. We are just doing our jobs too. Thank You.

Tonnage volumes for its national network were down 39.4% whilst its regional networks saw a 26.4% fall.
. There is no rate war per say between all the carriers. I am saying Conway's market share is up not because of the economy improvement but because of their predatary pricing with YRC accounts only. YRC accounts are singled out as targets by all other carriers. Customers know the savings are only temporary. Yes, this is business and it might work. But if YRC is to survive they need to have their cost as low as possible till some other carriers drop. All the competition is just waiting for a YRC failure so prices could go up

It makes sense for Conway and FedEx to haul freight for free or at a loss till YRC is gone. They gota lot to gain> So do all the other carriers. YRC can't raise prices but they have to play the discount game now more then ever. That is the reason I think for the concessions..

YRC has a $7-$8 billion dollar market they would kill for. If you don't think they are hauling {YRC customer freight} for nothing or even a loss then you must be a little naive. Who cares how you vote. You are the pos not the company. The company earns a living for a lot of teamsters and a few leaches like you

. There is no rate war per say between all the carriers. I am saying Conway's market share is up not because of the economy improvement but because of their predatary pricing with YRC accounts only. YRC accounts are singled out as targets by all other carriers. Customers know the savings are only temporary. Yes, this is business and it might work. But if YRC is to survive they need to have their cost as low as possible till some other carriers drop. All the competition is just waiting for a YRC failure so prices could go up

Your way off base with Your responses!

If Your so convinced - Prove It!

Otherwise, quit rambling...

'Cause Your Wrong! :toxic:

Here is your proof. It wasn't all lost to poor service. The buzzardbros are eating it

I think you are wrong here as the whole industry as a whole is way off the volume from last year..It is not like we are losing a lot of freight to the competitors.If you look on the shippers docks there is not a whole lot of freight to pick up.Until mfg picks up ,we will all be in this boat....Then if you look at the competitors trucks,they don't have any more than what you have...The only way YRC survives is if the economy starts to come back and that is not looking very good right now....

That doesn't prove ((((( ::shit:: )))))

Nobody is undercutting YRC...

It is more likely that YRC customers are transitioning elsewhere… on their own!

Smart Freight Solutions So, the real question will be how loyal will existing YRC customers be over the next 12 months? Knowing they are being courted heavily by competitors, due to a signficant amount of capacity in the market, it will be tempting for YRC customers to start shifting business away in fear of being held hostage by competitors should YRC not survive.
It’s not that shippers should fear their shipments being hung up in the event of closure, it’s the fear that competitive carriers will use predatory pricing for YRC customers to come on board after a closure.
It’s not unusual for carriers to tell customers that they will be protected under current pricing if they move traffic now. If you wait until a closure, the costs of handling your business will increase due to capacity constraints, etc.[/QUOTE]
The theory for YRC is that they can operate most efficiently when handling slightly more business than they have capacity. If YRC pares a certain percentage of unprofitable business and can keep up to 15% more than their theoretical capacity, they gain certain efficiencies, especially in covering fixed costs.
The unknown is if competitors are successful in scaring good customers to moving their business to them.

Now do ya get it?

Now do ya get it?

Get what?

Your still grasping at straws...

Even in good times - carriers claim foul play against it's competitors!

How 'bout this quote:

It’s coming…LTL rate increases
Carriers should be efficient and taking steps to reduce costs are mandatory in recessionary times. However, carriers must make a profit and those who are most efficient will be those that survive.

Efficiency = Profitability...

Not running freight for free! :duh:

FedEx doesnt do anything "Free" or "Cheap". I think there is to much hype with carriers waiting to pounce on the freight in the event of a closure. YRC is YRC because Yellow and Roadway dried up so much they were able to merge the two. And now they continue to wither. I dont think there will be the flood of freight in the event of a closure. You can only wack a pie into so many peices, and the pie is shrinking daily.

Get what?

Your still grasping at straws...

Even in good times - carriers claim foul play against it's competitors!

How 'bout this quote:

Efficiency = Profitability...

Not running freight for free! :duh:

Teamsters leaders believe trucking competitors are looking at the recession as an opportunity to toss YRC to the wolves. In a bulletin to members, C. Thomas Keegel, the Teamsters' secretary-treasurer, said others in the industry are slashing prices in an attempt to force YRC out of business.
Tuesday's deal, which must be ratified by the members, is an attempt to prevent that.It’s not unusual for carriers to tell customers that they will be protected under current pricing if they move traffic now. If you wait until a closure, the costs of handling your business will increase due to capacity constraints, etc
You are not going to believe any thing you read so at least try to think

Teamsters leaders believe trucking competitors are looking at the recession as an opportunity to toss YRC to the wolves. In a bulletin to members, C. Thomas Keegel, the Teamsters' secretary-treasurer, said others in the industry are slashing prices in an attempt to force YRC out of business.
Tuesday's deal, which must be ratified by the members, is an attempt to prevent that.It’s not unusual for carriers to tell customers that they will be protected under current pricing if they move traffic now. If you wait until a closure, the costs of handling your business will increase due to capacity constraints, etc
You are not going to believe any thing you read so at least try to think

Are You Yelling at Me?

Did You read post #7 and #8?

Your publicly held companies aren't slashing prices just to ensure that YRC goes out...

Understand, these are My (personal) opinions...

Based on what I see at work and what I see at home when I search for freight rates through My side business...

99% of the time - YRC's freight charges < remain > the most cost efficient...

And that hasn't changed (even through these tough economic times) over the last 7-8 years.

Are You Yelling at Me?

Did You read post #7 and #8?

Your publicly held companies aren't slashing prices just to ensure that YRC goes out...

Understand, these are My (personal) opinions...

Based on what I see at work and what I see at home when I search for freight rates through My side business...

99% of the time - YRC's freight charges < remain > the most cost efficient...

And that hasn't changed (even through these tough economic times) over the last 7-8 years.

Before we go any further may I ask do you drive for UPS freight? How long have you been a teamster and was it by choice or had to?

Before we go any further may I ask do you drive for UPS freight? How long have you been a teamster and was it by choice or had to?

My Credentials (?)

I guess My reputation (above) and Blog entries aren't enough (?)

Sure... I'm proud of who I am and what I represent!

UPS Freight - Yes!

Proud Teamster - by Choice!

Active participant in the organizational effort - as well as continued educational effort!

Significant YRC ties - with years of service at both: Yellow & New Penn.

Not to mention:

Bio - Management Buster!

CONWAY 92.something OR. That's not from hauling freight free.Conway is makeing money ,Granted not UPS money but survieing .We have lost a couple customers due to the fact of getting undercut by YRC(and everybody wonders why the boat is sinking). According to one of OLD D drivers they have lost an account or two,due to YRC's drastic priceing.Now is not the time to be big and stupid IN MANGEMENT ,companys have got to be lean an smart.This is just my opinion which doesn't mean a whole lot and I'm not trying to pick an arguement.With a operateing ratio of 92 (something) ,well in these times it stands for itself.

As far as Conway, FedEX, UPS freight go..you are strong heavyweight competitors and you do what ya gotta do. If that means you got to knock out YRC because they are staggering and it will make you stronger. Fine. That is only something YRC would be happy do to you if given the opportunity. We are all competitors. By the way I was banned on that biased Teamster site not to mention any names for stating that ABF were our competitors not our brothers. Kill or be killed. Only the strong survive. The strong will get stronger and the big will get bigger