FedEx Freight | Is Yellow going on strike?

My thought too . If I would see freight sitting on a customer dock for days and they are ready to go but the carrier has not showered for days , I'd be what up with that ? They would say want it ? I'd say it's up to you so go ask and slam it in and dbl stack it in the nose of my 48 . I'd keep a pro sticker in my clipboard and track it to see where it went and how . Yep I got yelled at but it was freight to move and that was my job . Yes I was careful about what class and how easy our dock guys could destroy it with the help of management .
J.O.M.

Let's go back and revisit this thread, along with the non belivers that said Yellow would emerge from this as the premier LtL carrier.

Let this be a lesson. Hopes, feels and dreams can't overcome massive debt, poor earnings, and lack of revenue.
This failire was day 1 business stuff. Nothing more.

Let's go back and revisit this thread, along with the non belivers that said Yellow would emerge from this as the premier LtL carrier.

Let this be a lesson. Hopes, feels and dreams can't overcome massive debt, poor earnings, and lack of revenue.
I agree that this was mainly a YRC business failing...
On the other hand antiquated work rules and failure by the union to allow changes to them played a part as well...

The funny thing is, yellow had tons of revenue, they let themselves slip from #1 to #3 in volume, and it’s not the union either that caused their demise, ABF pays more and actually still offers a full pension, and they’re making money hand over fist. Yellow just had bad management and made way too many poor decisions over the years.

The funny thing is, yellow had tons of revenue, they let themselves slip from #1 to #3 in volume, and it’s not the union either that caused their demise, ABF pays more and actually still offers a full pension, and they’re making money hand over fist. Yellow just had bad management and made way too many poor decisions over the years.
Tons of revenue is great but the most important thing is how much is actually profit
I mean I can buy watermelons for a dollar each and sell them for a dollar each but a bigger truck still won't turn a profit

Tons of revenue is great but the most important thing is how much is actually profit
I mean I can buy watermelons for a dollar each and sell them for a dollar each but a bigger truck still won't turn a profit
The fact that they had great revenue indicated to me that with efficiency improvements they could have become very profitable. Without the revenue in the first place that may have been a pipe dream.

The fact that they had great revenue indicated to me that with efficiency improvements they could have become very profitable. Without the revenue in the first place that may have been a pipe dream.
very possible, 5 billion invested properly would have returned a nice chunk. Love my teamster friends but sometimes things have to change but I also realize Yellow agreed to the contract as well and agreed to the terms of it. Sad situation so many are out of a job though.