FedEx Freight | Is Yellow going on strike?

I never said FedEx bankruptcy.. I said FedEx is waiting on Yellow to file for bankruptcy
They are not waiting for Yellow to file bankruptcy .. They may get a small portion of their freight if it pays good if they were to fold but we sell a different type service than Yellow does. And of course when I make a post here I always say I just work here and I do not speak for the company. Just my thoughts

Our city drivers were instructed not to pick up any freight that was believed to be going with Yellow without authorization.

More of the same, leaving freight on customers docks meanwhile tons of folks sit at home. It’s been like that for a while now, even before the YRC fiasco.

Asinine.

Our city drivers were instructed not to pick up any freight that was believed to be going with Yellow without authorization.

More of the same, leaving freight on customers docks meanwhile tons of folks sit at home. It’s been like that for a while now, even before the YRC fiasco.

Asinine.
Sure seems like we are waiting to be sold. Fedex isn't going after much freight at all.

Sure seems like we are waiting to be sold. Fedex isn't going after much freight at all.
I started at cf out of high school and worked out of the hall at conventions and met alot of great men and women in the teamsters. Many have passed but I still remember the good times. God bless u all and I hope for the best. Fedex isn't going after your freight like they did years again. He'll they don't want to keep us busy!

Asinine.
My job is NOT to read minds and determine if a ship was BELIEVED to have originally been slated to ship Yellow . I call that J.O.M. remember that term?

Absolutely right on leaving freight. Pickup said to be ready at 3, close at 5. We show at 1:15 and ship not yet ready. Dispatch says "we'll get it tomorrow". WTF?

Last edited:
This is how it works. We're under a new leader. Everything we do is under a profit microscope. They will pick it up once they get terms with the shipper for our prices. We are not going to haul at next to a loss like the old days. We used to pick stuff up at near loss going one direction because the stuff coming back was where the profit was. This was true in some lanes. But now that Raj submarineman is in charge it's everything about the profit. Micromanaging lanes utilizing PT. Cancelling drivers myself included because they figured out that they can hold some stuff or misdirect it or run some things off the hub instead of a pm driver and still make service assuming they still care about that. We will pick up yellow freight eventually. I think what they are doing is making sure we get paid properly and it's on our terms.

This is how it works. We're under a new leader. Everything we do is under a profit microscope. They will pick it up once they get terms with the shipper for our prices. We are not going to haul at next to a loss like the old days. We used to pick stuff up at near loss going one direction because the stuff coming back was where the profit was. This was true in some lanes. But now that Raj submarineman is in charge it's everything about the profit. Micromanaging lanes utilizing PT. Cancelling drivers myself included because they figured out that they can hold some stuff or misdirect it or run some things off the hub instead of a pm driver and still make service assuming they still care about that. We will pick up yellow freight eventually. I think what they are doing is making sure we get paid properly and it's on our terms.
Not exactly the whole story...

Everything we pick up is under our terms. Terms already agreed to. Otherwise it falls under published rates - tarriffs, which are insanely high AND insanely profitable.
A Yellow shipment picked up by FedEx ALWAYS moves under FedEx terms NOT Yellow's.
:rulz:

Not exactly the whole story...

Everything we pick up is under our terms. Terms already agreed to. Otherwise it falls under published rates - tarriffs, which are insanely high AND insanely profitable.
A Yellow shipment picked up by FedEx ALWAYS moves under FedEx terms NOT Yellow's.
:rulz:
This is the problem with making posts like the one I made. I can't cover all the ins and outs and there's always a contradictory reply. The basic point is it will be on our terms.

I agree with most of what you’re saying. However, we were making money prior to them purging big time accounts.

Had this strategy been implemented a little sooner, oh I don’t maybe around the first of last year or before when thing’s really started slowing down instead of August of last year, it would’ve felt like a bump in the road as opposed to a brick wall. The economy was never as bad as they said it was, they just wanted to keep raising rates and keep capacity artificially low. All of our non union competitors are growing as a result.

Sounds like a solid growth strategy. Not.

S
I agree with most of what you’re saying. However, we were making money prior to them purging big time accounts.

Had this strategy been implemented a little sooner, oh I don’t maybe around the first of last year or before when thing’s really started slowing down instead of August of last year, it would’ve felt like a bump in the road as opposed to a brick wall. The economy was never as bad as they said it was, they just wanted to keep raising rates and keep capacity artificially low. All of our non union competitors are growing as a result.

Sounds like a solid growth strategy. Not.

Sounds like a plan to make profit margins excellent to hook a potential buyer....

S

Sounds like a plan to make profit margins excellent to hook a potential buyer....
Possibly.

I’d venture to say that what’s more likely to happen is the status quo, for now at least. Obviously we are still making money, empty miles are being cut, boards are being slashed or sat. City being brought back off of furlough to work dock at some places due to dock worker attrition.

Another round of road furloughs is coming. 50+ man extra boards at the big hubs is ridiculous, even if you’re short on dock workers.

My thought too . If I would see freight sitting on a customer dock for days and they are ready to go but the carrier has not showered for days , I'd be what up with that ? They would say want it ? I'd say it's up to you so go ask and slam it in and dbl stack it in the nose of my 48 . I'd keep a pro sticker in my clipboard and track it to see where it went and how . Yep I got yelled at but it was freight to move and that was my job . Yes I was careful about what class and how easy our dock guys could destroy it with the help of management .

My thought too . If I would see freight sitting on a customer dock for days and they are ready to go but the carrier has not showered for days , I'd be what up with that ? They would say want it ? I'd say it's up to you so go ask and slam it in and dbl stack it in the nose of my 48 . I'd keep a pro sticker in my clipboard and track it to see where it went and how . Yep I got yelled at but it was freight to move and that was my job . Yes I was careful about what class and how easy our dock guys could destroy it with the help of management .

You said shipments were sitting because the carrier hasn't showered for days. I'm a firm believer in good hygiene, so I agree with the shippers policy on NO STINKY DRIVERS.

It benefits the industry as a whole, public perception etc.

Asinine.
From my understanding a lot of our p@d drivers are picking up some of yellows. The customer uses us also and no one is picking it it so we were asked asked from what i heard and and said sure. We are here to serve the customer and if we please them then more work for our company. I have heard other drivers talking about a bump in freight and some terminals are adding more runs.

From my understanding a lot of our p@d drivers are picking up some of yellows. The customer uses us also and no one is picking it it so we were asked asked from what i heard and and said sure. We are here to serve the customer and if we please them then more work for our company. I have heard other drivers talking about a bump in freight and some terminals are adding more runs.
Existing accounts that use us are free to do that if they’re so inclined. I’m talking about shippers that we usually don’t pickup from or pick up from infrequently. I should’ve been more clear.

I’d like to see the bump in freight at my hub. We have folks sitting tonight.