Yellow | Is YRC Going For A Two-Year Extension?

If I remember back aways Hoffa lined his pocket, and YRC was allowed to not pay into your retirement. YRC also got the 15% reduction in pay. Oh, and Hoffa hiked your dues, without a vote. What is to stop him from doing it again?

Do you have any links or references or dates to when Hoffa did this upping dues without a vote?

why do you need a link .if the hourly wage goes up the dues go up and when they went down so did dues .
DUES = 2 1/2hours pay been that way 12 years I believe or maybe since last strike

Do you have any links or references or dates to when Hoffa did this upping dues without a vote?
Dues increased from 2 Hrs pay/month to 2 1/2 Hrs pay/month back about the end of 2002. Dig out your old paychecks and take a peek.

Except our local.. That added a building fund fee to our dues.. But never got a building until recently when they merged..
2 1/2 times our hourly rate.. Plus 8 bucks!!

It was at the IBT Convention in 2003 I believe....it was voted on by the ELECTED delegates at YOUR Local Union at that time to change the IBT Constitution from 2 hours, to the current 2.5 hours per month....ask your Delegate at that time if you know who they were at that time.......KK

Except our local.. That added a building fund fee to our dues.. But never got a building until recently when they merged..
2 1/2 times our hourly rate.. Plus 8 bucks!!
That building fund assessment should have been voted on by the Local members whenever it was instituted.
It was at the IBT Convention in 2003 I believe....it was voted on by the ELECTED delegates at YOUR Local Union at that time to change the IBT Constitution from 2 hours, to the current 2.5 hours per month....ask your Delegate at that time if you know who they were at that time.......KK
This is correct, Blue Ribbon Committee was formed to assess the situation (takes heat off of Hoffa since someone else decided it was necessary) and they determined that an increase was needed. The distribution of the receipts was also modified (who got how much i e Local, Joint Council, State Conference and IBT). Then dues were increased by 1/2 hr's pay per month. And the phrase, "A nickle an hour for Teamster power", was coined. Ron Carey saw the need for a dues increase too but he put it to a vote and it got rejected (go figure) so Hoffa knew a vote on it was senseless.
it was suppose to go toward a strike fund as I remember it .
No but I do believe that there was a strike fund assessment many many moons ago.

Additionally, Hoffa re-linked with the AFL-CIO in 1994 during the freight strike. The strike fund was broke and the AFL-CIO offered necessary financial backing for that strike.

There was some kind of rumour ciculating, i think from this TDU rumour, that YRC was gonna be able to extend this MOU stuff for 2 years with no vote.

I just got official word that this is untrue.
The next contract will be done as it has been done in the past.

can you post link to said official word? i know you can"t put anything on the internet that isn't true, but still...

can you post link to said official word? i know you can"t put anything on the internet that isn't true, but still...

This is the problem with people hi-jacking a thread, much information gets buried in BS.

This is a quote from a well established investment firm, and the report has a copyright and I cannot publish it on here....but I have permission to use this quote..
..""As for YRC, if we were a lender, we would not extend debt maturities past the current labor contract, so the idea that a
new deal with the Teamsters may be asked for by the company is completely reasonable, in our opinion.".....Now you know......KK

The rumour i spoke of was one which involved no vote....a rumour implying that YRC could eztend this with no vote.
Talk to your local about it. I didnt say they would not come back with the same offer.
OI asked our officials if it could be extended with no vote.....they said no. It would be ddone the same way every contract gets done...proposals in 6 months in advance and such......call your BA. I spoke to ours..

Why sure KK, with our attention spans shortened to live in& on computers, most fluff post result in the reader simply exiting the thread.i still like coming on here, just tryin to help make it better.

The rumour i spoke of was one which involved no vote....a rumour implying that YRC could eztend this with no vote.
Talk to your local about it. I didnt say they would not come back with the same offer.
OI asked our officials if it could be extended with no vote.....they said no. It would be ddone the same way every contract gets done...proposals in 6 months in advance and such......call your BA. I spoke to ours..

ALL contract and/or amendments must be voted on....just some more BS rumors out there someone wants to beleive in....he should read his IBT Constitution.....KK