R&L | It had to happen sooner or later.....

braceface

TB Regular
Credits
I am not surprised that our insurance costs were raised by the company, I am surprised that it didn't happen sooner... I have been with the company for over 13 years, and this is the first increase in health insurance costs for the employee's I have ever seen. Don't get me wrong, I am not happy about it, but I am not surprised...I sure hope it dosen't become an annual occurence...

I'll be cancelling mine ,the coverage SUCKS
You may think it SUCKS, but if you don't have insurance and something happens like your Gall Bladder goes out, you will wish you had it.. My wifes went out 2 years ago, and without the insurance we would have been out $15000.00. I think our out of pocket was $500.00 or maybe a $1000.00. Same thing with the Hernia I had several years ago. I know if I had to pay the full amount for the prescription allergy medicine for my son, that would really SUCK...Make sure you and your family are covered with another plan before you cancel...Remember, "Haste makes Waste"... An extra $7.50 a week does suck, but it could be worse, but its not the end of the world..

I do have the option of another plan from my wife,and this wonderful insurance has left me with about 5,000 dollars worth of medical bills from last year. They preapproved treatment for my daughter then decided after we went through with it they weren't going to pay for half of it ,so our payment went from 800 dollars to just under 5,000 Dollars :nutkick:. Even the Health care provider was shocked.
I've called Wilmington and all they tell me is our coverage is the best in the Industry :hysterical:
If it is then there are some Drivers out there in serious trouble

I am not surprised that our insurance costs were raised by the company, I am surprised that it didn't happen sooner... I have been with the company for over 13 years, and this is the first increase in health insurance costs for the employee's I have ever seen. Don't get me wrong, I am not happy about it, but I am not surprised...I sure hope it dosen't become an annual occurence...

I am not surprised either. It has been talked about for several years. I have been here for 16 years and this is the first increase I have see. I think we have been lucky. I know other companies are paying much more then we are. I don't like the increase either but I know what a friend of mine pays at OD, it is twice the amount that we pay and for less coverage. I am glad this is all they are doing. Small changes in the future would not surprise me. The company my wife works for increases theirs ever year.

In my opinion I don't think the coverage is that good, but I have my wife and two kids on the plan so I need it whatever the cost is it's just that everything outside of work keeps going up Ie. gas, food, whatever and now where getting hit by our employer. I just feel bad for the office personal that only gets .25 per hour for their annual raise which is only 8.00 per week and now with the 7.50 increase on the benifits that comes out to a .50 increase per week. Somethings got to give.

First. No raise for anyone under 5 yrs. Now insurence increase. The hand writings on the wall drivers and it reads R&L Greed. Its time to get off our A--es, Call up the Teamsters and Organize.

First. No raise for anyone under 5 yrs. Now insurence increase. The hand writings on the wall drivers and it reads R&L Greed. Its time to get off our A--es, Call up the Teamsters and Organize.

It's a****** like you talking union that make it bad on us. Unions suck their employees suck and people that like them suck. Hey we got hit with a 7.50 increase for insurance hmmm how much of a pay cut will the union take from everybody. Talk that union s@#t on another board. *******

Jollygreengiant: I can say whatever I want, you:butt kiss:company man. You aint seen nothing yet. I just STARTED. I will do everything in my power to unionize this co. *******

You need to correct your statement. The facts are that all drivers at R+L get a raise even those with less then 5 years. All drivers under 5 years get their annual increase according to their scale 90 day, 1yr, 2yr etc.

speedemon you keep talking union you wont be here long. I have seen it before, people talk unioun and next thing you know they are fired.

People in hell would have ice water before they would ever come to the table!!!!!!!!! They have the economy on their side.........

It's a-holes like you talking union that make it bad on us. Unions suck their employees suck and people that like them suck. Hey we got hit with a 7.50 increase for insurance hmmm how much of a pay cut will the union take from everybody. Talk that union s@#t on another board. Jerkoff

"Unions suck, their employees suck, and people that like them suck"??????????? WTF is in your bong pipe jr? That was about as ignorant as it comes there jollygreendick. I'd like to take you behind the shed and teach you a little bit of respect for the hand that feeds. If it wasn't for the organization you are proud to berate on a public forum, you would have no health insurance. "Jerkoff" Teamster Elvis out and pissed again......

Quote OFF TOPIC/ WRONG FORUM (Edited Vwaggs)

Typical management. What driver in his right mind, wouldn't want a better life for him or her and their families? UPSF was a very interesting experiment. UPS agreed to a card check neutrality deal for it's freight division. Look what happened. It swept the country like influenza. It goes to show you. People will sign up in droves to become organized, if given a chance, without fear of retribution. Teamster Elvis out....

From what I have heard in the past is that there were a few terminals that were talking union or maybe even got it voted in, Roberts closed the facality down.
This may or may not be true but it's not worth it finding out.