Yellow | It's Been A Week! Where's Tyson?!

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
It's now been a week since the first change of ops meeting on the Yellow/Roadway merger! Why have only a few "selected locals" been given the basic info about dovetailing/endtailing, contract, supplement, and local agreement language protocol, etc...?! The last posting on the IBT website about YRC's plans for the Yellow/Roadway merger is from September!

Why won't the IBT Freight Division (that includes you Tyson), grab the bull by the horns and post the change info on the IBT website? We're grown men and women, and we might not like what we see, but we can handle it! Why make the rank and file sweat it out and have to resort to the cloak and dagger routine of searching the internet, trying to put the corporate puzzle pieces together from SEC reports, statements to the media, etc...GIVE IT TO US STRAIGHT! We got families and futures to worry about too!
We all want this merger to work, but we are skeptical about what YRC is trying to hide when they won't give us the info!

Managers and supervisors are given daily updates on the company intranet, and e-mails from Dollar Bill...the rank and filers like us....we get SQUAT! I did see on this board where Local 771 in PA finally put out a bulletin on Nov. 5, where they attempted to answer some of the basic questions! Come on IBT Freight Division....get your act together and KEEP US INFORMED!:chairshot:

Great post and I hope all of us teamsters understand we have every opportunity to vote them out of washington......can't wait til the next election process. I will remind you all of issues like frightmaster1 just posted. Time for change.

Well...when I got the L771 notice sent to me, I put it on this forum. When I get my hands on anything pertaining to this merger, I put it on the forum.
When you "Want To Know Whats Going On"....come to this website, that is what it is for.
Also, we try to keep our Local website's front page loaded so that those who are not members of our Local may be able to see what we know also....KK

Local 728

My local 745 in Dallas doesnt even have a website. We supposedly have 7000 members too and home to Tyson Johnson. I will confess I have not offered to make a website so I dont even know if they would be interested.

It's now been a week since the first change of ops meeting on the Yellow/Roadway merger! Why have only a few "selected locals" been given the basic info about dovetailing/endtailing, contract, supplement, and local agreement language protocol, etc...?! The last posting on the IBT website about YRC's plans for the Yellow/Roadway merger is from September!

Why won't the IBT Freight Division (that includes you Tyson), grab the bull by the horns and post the change info on the IBT website? We're grown men and women, and we might not like what we see, but we can handle it! Why make the rank and file sweat it out and have to resort to the cloak and dagger routine of searching the internet, trying to put the corporate puzzle pieces together from SEC reports, statements to the media, etc...GIVE IT TO US STRAIGHT! We got families and futures to worry about too!
We all want this merger to work, but we are skeptical about what YRC is trying to hide when they won't give us the info!

Managers and supervisors are given daily updates on the company intranet, and e-mails from Dollar Bill...the rank and filers like us....we get SQUAT! I did see on this board where Local 771 in PA finally put out a bulletin on Nov. 5, where they attempted to answer some of the basic questions! Come on IBT Freight Division....get your act together and KEEP US INFORMED!:chairshot:

excellent post .........i truly believe the freight issues are not important to the international anymore.......they are more interested about organinzing other sectors because they know freight is on the way out......look at yrcw stock right now........it is 2.22 per share..........doesnt look good for us and the ibt knows it.........time will tell......:chairshot::TR10driving03:

Good post Freightmaster.....In a monumental move such as this, you would think that there would be a national effort to inform the members as to what is transpiring here. You can blame it on the tanking economy if you want to but it comes down to the core fact that the current administration at the IBT is letting YRC do whatever they have to. I really dont mind that fact. What I do mind is there not being a weekly recorded message or with all of the technology that is available today, a video webcast to explain the current situation and the steps that the IBT is taking to PROTECT and SERVE the affected members. That 771 style memo should be coming out at every affected local across the nation. I can't help but think back to the International election and everybody walking around thumping their chests and extolling the virtues of the all knowing, all powerful lawyer turned Teamster James Hoffa. The really sad thing as far as freight is concerned is that they drummed a good man in Danny V. (776) out of the freight division because he dared to support the members that built this Union so many years ago. Now we are left with the likes of Tyson and Ernie to fight for our future.....any way you slice it, there is no excuse for the lack of info being provided to us on the ground. Thanks for being out front KK....

UW

Here in Milwaukee WI our local says don't call us we will call you. even the stewards have no clue. this is just so sad, we are getting it from both ends, company and union, makes a grown man cry:nono:

Excellent post...
I agree men and women have a need to know, (where they stand) to look for a new job, or not to look for a new job, This is all very sad, and misfortunate.