XPO | It's October ????

trucknfool

TB Regular
Credits
The year is up and what changes are in store . Changes in insurance ,any 401 K match , paying the pension fund out or same old same old ????
Let the speculation begin ----- !!!!

The year is up and what changes are in store . Changes in insurance ,any 401 K match , paying the pension fund out or same old same old ????
From what I hear NOTHING has changed. The insurance, 401k are staying the same.
The only thing that changed was the name

We were told that the packet will be mailed out soon, and that cost to us is going up by a small amount. No actual numbers yet.

It will say Conway again. Just waiting for the stickers to peel off...
You don't need to wait - XPO Logistics stickers over Con-way Freight stickers give the nice 3D look when the sun hits the trailer just right.

Overall the rebranding seems to be going alright , but honestly on some trailers the Con-way Freight stickers couldn't come off first?

Seeing how xpo closed on cnw on 30 Oct. 2015...doesn't that mean that a full year won't be up till the end of this month and hence prevent anything from changing till the 1st of November?
I just hope that they don't downgrade the pto accrual rates. I like them just the way they are.

Reactions: ESP
Seeing how xpo closed on cnw on 30 Oct. 2015...doesn't that mean that a full year won't be up till the end of this month and hence prevent anything from changing till the 1st of November?
I just hope that they don't downgrade the pto accrual rates. I like them just the way they are.

Scuttlebutt is that insurance is going up a little but that there will be more choices. Vacation capped at 4 weeks for new hires only. They bought some more trucks.

Not a lot of communication. So not a lot to talk about.

Union talk has picked up a lot. Many drivers have left. FedEx is paying 67 cents a mile around here. Many other carriers pay better now. And you don't have to worry about the drama of what might happen tomorrow. So the system is light. Most nights plenty of vias.

Obviously, rebranding is a big thing. And they are setting up to go into economy freight. And also preparing for e-log trucking industry wide.

The rate increase of 4.9% really bothered me until I saw it's what OD did. So as far as pricing, freight should stay good. If other carriers want to haul stuff for free, that's cool.

So depending on what level you are on. And what matters to you as far as how you see your future here, there are plenty of changes happening and going to happen in both the lowest and highest levels of the operation.

Two bad that the trailers are Aluminum and the doors on the tractor are plastic (Sterlings) Magnetic signs would be in order!!!!!

Two bad that the trailers are Aluminum and the doors on the tractor are plastic (Sterlings) Magnetic signs would be in order!!!!!
That the only thing holding these old sterling together is all the stickers. I fell bad for the ones that buy our old truck because when the get all those sticker off there wont be a door left.

Well now it's Nov 1st so what has changed

Not the sign out front it still says Con-Way
A few years from now we will look like YRC truck has one name on it and the trailer another and on a good day they will both match. :lmao:

Well now it's Nov 1st so what has changed

Not the sign out front it still says Con-Way
A few years from now we will look like YRC truck has one name on it and the trailer another and on a good day they will both match. :lmao:
It doesn't matter to me honestly. It's such a silly thing worrying about decals on trucks. There are far bigger things to worry about.