JEVIC bounced check fees- negotiate them

Vwaggs

TB Veteran
Credits
If your paycheck bounces and you incur overdraft/bounced check fees TALK TO YOUR BANK!!!

First go to your local branch and talk to the manager. If they decline, call customer service on the 800 number.

Explain you are one of the Jevic employees that lost their job with no notice. Remind them how you have been a loyal customer for X - years. Then go into the explanation that you had no idea the check was bad, just like you had no idea you were losing your job. Explain how you would appreciate them helping you out and cutting you some slack by removing the extra fees you were charged. Then remind them the bank is essentially kicking you in the teeth on top of you being knocked to the ground by Jevic.

In this time of tight money, its not unreasonable for all to simply ask the bank not to profit from your misfortune. Remember to thank them for any assistance they give you.

Update from Jevic.com:

What is the status of Jevic Payroll?
All employees are being paid for time worked.

All employees with direct deposit prior to (05/16/08) had their paychecks deposited as usual their back accounts last week.

All employees without direct deposit, and did not manually process their check last week, or if their bank held their check, are having a new check issued and will receive it next week.

Again - All those employees not on direct deposit will receive a replacement check next week (week of 05-26-08)

Under the law, Jevic was forced to switch bank so any check that was "in process" on Monday did not get paid.

This week - and moving forward - all paychecks are paper checks and will be mailed to employees address on file with HR/Payroll.

If your paycheck bounces and you incur overdraft/bounced check fees TALK TO YOUR BANK!!!

First go to your local branch and talk to the manager. If they decline, call customer service on the 800 number.

Explain you are one of the Jevic employees that lost their job with no notice. Remind them how you have been a loyal customer for X - years. Then go into the explanation that you had no idea the check was bad, just like you had no idea you were losing your job. Explain how you would appreciate them helping you out and cutting you some slack by removing the extra fees you were charged. Then remind them the bank is essentially kicking you in the teeth on top of you being knocked to the ground by Jevic.

In this time of tight money, its not unreasonable for all to simply ask the bank not to profit from your misfortune. Remember to thank them for any assistance they give you.

Good Advice. I had a similar situation happen before. And my bank reimbursed me for all fees incurred. If your bank is any good they will do the same. Sorry to hear this is happening.

If they don't care move your money a.s.a.p.

don't count on direct deposit either

We have not received hubby's paycheck from last week in our bank account.. he's at a job interview with some other GA drivers that get direct deposit and none of them have gotten their checks either :(

ATTN. tster had a problem with about $150 in overdraft fees his bank wouldn't refund. This was my response in another thread.

tster, Be calm.

First try their 800 number. If they still blow you off, look for a local TV station reporting heavily on the Jevic situaton or one with a "TROUBLESHOOTER" segment in the evening news. Ask them to go into your bank, cameras rolling and get that reply for the evening news!!!

We didn't have any fees- at least not yet. But the bank knew they had filed bankruptcy and won't release the funds until June 3rd. So we are living on nothing until I get paid this Friday. It really ticked me off to see them take the insurance payments out of the check too- they cancelled it, how can they still be looking for money for it.

ATTN. tster had a problem with about $150 in overdraft fees his bank wouldn't refund. This was my response in another thread.

tster, Be calm.

First try their 800 number. If they still blow you off, look for a local TV station reporting heavily on the Jevic situaton or one with a "TROUBLESHOOTER" segment in the evening news. Ask them to go into your bank, cameras rolling and get that reply for the evening news!!!

Very good advice, none of these banks want to look like dirtbags publicly, I'm sure they figure no one will go to that much trouble, I bet if it gets on TV that bank will change its tune quickly, I would bet they will do it on camera as well.

Very good advice, none of these banks want to look like dirtbags publicly, I'm sure they figure no one will go to that much trouble, I bet if it gets on TV that bank will change its tune quickly, I would bet they will do it on camera as well.

It's not the bank trying to be a dirtbag. It's because it's a paper, out of state check. If you deposit the check immediately, it takes 5 to 6 business days for an out of state paper check to clear (which is why we all picked direct deposit). Well, it's a holiday weekend, so Monday is not a business day. Tues-Friday is 4 business days, then the following Monday is the fifth, which means you can count on funds on Tuesday or Wednesday.

The only thing Bank of America (my bank) is doing differently is that they used to give me $200 immediately for out of state paper checks, now they are holding the full amount and not fronting any money because of the bankruptcy issue.

I can't blame them. They're a business. They can't put their investors at risk so they have policies.

Talk to your bank managers (not cashiers) and make sure you understand the rules.

And yes Jevic is taking insurance costs because we, as employees, pay retroactively. They pay the health insurance bill at the beginning of the month and we pay them back. So we still owe for that period that the checks covered. Now, that means the insurance costs should NOT be coming out of anyones check who is currently still working for them NOR should it come out of anyones vacation pay. Also, 401(k) should not come out, either.

Matt we were referring to bounced check fees for Jevic payroll checks that bounced.
We weren't referring to the check hold times truckerwife mentioned.