Estes | Job openings/ Estes West terminal managers

teamster elvis

TB Veteran
Credits
Two terminal managers have taken their singing bass placks off their office walls. Emptied their desks and joined the linedrivers at the corner tavern for a celebration beer. :beerchug: A REAL trucking company down the street is waiting for their resume as we speak! Reno and Vegas are the two terminals. I hear one of the guys already has a job at R&L carriers. It seems R&L are recruiting a lot of Estes management and sales staff. I hear several E tms are being looked at very closely as well. There are good jobs available for the drivers who are let go. As well as these terminal managers who were kicked to the curb.

Operations manager Fontana, Ca. Latest victim of Estes cleansing. Not sure if he resigned or was terminated or asked to resign because his only alternative was to be terminated. I hear his boss Mark B. is under the wayne Y. microscope as well. I hear the terminal managers are pointing fingers at each other. This is really starting to get ugly boys and girls. I remember a day when tms would back each other through thick and thin. Old school survival at it's finest. Now they have managed to divide and conquer even the tms. Sales reps leaving to old d. and r&l What the hell has happened out west? You tms that are left really need a reality check. Estes has made your lives miserable. They have chased your quality help away. Making your job much more difficult. You can't keep a sales staff. The drivers youv'e aquired are less then desirable. And I'm being kind. Because people have to start somewhere. They create constant turmoil for you guys. At some point you gotta ask yourself. Is this worth it? Don't let these guys cause you to lose your dignity. Instead of turning on each other. Grab your nuts and find another job. Backstabbing in management will not only cause you to lose respect from your terminal people, even your superiors will never respect you or trust you again. I feel for you guys. None of you should feel secure at this point in time. Those of you that have been around know what I'm talking about. It wasn't this way with G.I. was it????????? Long live the BULLS EYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ps. I'm glad Estes will probably continue to survive. Why? You may ask. Because companys like the one that employs me are going to continue to grow at a rapid pace. With the numerous amount of quality G.I. people who are "not fired but made available to the competition" another poster once said continue to flood into other work forces who appreciate experience. Go ask Reddaway how many good drivers and supervisors they have aquired from Estes West. Keep up the good work Richmond.

yeah you do have to look at the types of drivers estes hires.# 165 has a 67 year old man running home depot they cant get any one else

Ya thats right breed um feed um then get a real job. Estes will probably cut another 100 drivers come Nov. close some more terminals, fire some management and still won't get any freight. They sure have followed the same steps Central took when they tried to come out West but failed so badly. Picture perfect I should say.

it would be nice if some sales people got fired. a company can fire all day long. that still dont put stuff in the trailer

it would be nice if some sales people got fired. a company can fire all day long. that still dont put stuff in the trailer
but.....on the other hand, no matter how much they sell, if it's not getting there on time or in the amount of pieces it initially shipped, no salesman can keep going back with his head between his legs apologizing and asking for second, tenth, 100th chance! Dispatch and loading needs a little help too!

Operations manager Fontana, Ca. Latest victim of Estes cleansing. Not sure if he resigned or was terminated or asked to resign because his only alternative was to be terminated. I hear his boss Mark B. is under the wayne Y. microscope as well. I hear the terminal managers are pointing fingers at each other. This is really starting to get ugly boys and girls. I remember a day when tms would back each other through thick and thin. Old school survival at it's finest. Now they have managed to divide and conquer even the tms. Sales reps leaving to old d. and r&l What the hell has happened out west? You tms that are left really need a reality check. Estes has made your lives miserable. They have chased your quality help away. Making your job much more difficult. You can't keep a sales staff. The drivers youv'e aquired are less then desirable. And I'm being kind. Because people have to start somewhere. They create constant turmoil for you guys. At some point you gotta ask yourself. Is this worth it? Don't let these guys cause you to lose your dignity. Instead of turning on each other. Grab your nuts and find another job. Backstabbing in management will not only cause you to lose respect from your terminal people, even your superiors will never respect you or trust you again. I feel for you guys. None of you should feel secure at this point in time. Those of you that have been around know what I'm talking about. It wasn't this way with G.I. was it????????? Long live the BULLS EYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ps. I'm glad Estes will probably continue to survive. Why? You may ask. Because companys like the one that employs me are going to continue to grow at a rapid pace. With the numerous amount of quality G.I. people who are "not fired but made available to the competition" another poster once said continue to flood into other work forces who appreciate experience. Go ask Reddaway how many good drivers and supervisors they have aquired from Estes West. Keep up the good work Richmond.

well i have a few things to sya, imagine that :D. the way i see it is we have no accountability out west. and that comes from the " ill cover your butt, if you cover mine" if we as a company strive for, " if i screw up point it out and if you screw up i will point it out" some amy call this backstabbing i call it accountability. i hold everyone to a standard, you screw up i will call you on it. and i expect you to do the same to me. if i make a mistake i admit it. the " cover everyones butt" mentality is alive and well in estes west, just look at the computer and check dispatch times. 3 days ago a driver was turned in the computer at 1930 at his meet point, the funny thing is when that time was checked it was 1830 and he was still 1 hour from his meet point. dispatch puts in the computer that everyone leaves at or slightly before thier gate time, even if they leave 4 hours late!, so that the report that is sent to richmond does get printed. they do this to cover whoevers butt it is that caused the driver to be that late.

and i will tell you this it AINT the driver, most of the time.

accountability my friends, hold everyone to thier mistakes and suddenly they will stop making them!!!

well i have a few things to sya, imagine that :D. the way i see it is we have no accountability out west. and that comes from the " ill cover your butt, if you cover mine" if we as a company strive for, " if i screw up point it out and if you screw up i will point it out" some amy call this backstabbing i call it accountability. i hold everyone to a standard, you screw up i will call you on it. and i expect you to do the same to me. if i make a mistake i admit it. the " cover everyones butt" mentality is alive and well in estes west, just look at the computer and check dispatch times. 3 days ago a driver was turned in the computer at 1930 at his meet point, the funny thing is when that time was checked it was 1830 and he was still 1 hour from his meet point. dispatch puts in the computer that everyone leaves at or slightly before thier gate time, even if they leave 4 hours late!, so that the report that is sent to richmond does get printed. they do this to cover whoevers butt it is that caused the driver to be that late.

and i will tell you this it AINT the driver, most of the time.

accountability my friends, hold everyone to thier mistakes and suddenly they will stop making them!!!

It is really easy to fix the dispatch problem. The driver punches out on a computer when they leave. This way no back logging of dispatch.

AS many people that have left got fired got riffed what ever it's now just Estes causing all the latest issues. You can no longer blame the West for all the issues. When do the workers start to realize it goes way beyond a dispatcher or dock supervisor and start blaming the corporate decision markers.
As for dispatch yourself there will still be people cheating the system. Honest people don't worry about these problems. Good drivers don't deal with these issues they move on.

It seems someone is very, very interested in this particular thread. I don't blame them. You can run but you can't:hide: Evil Elvis out..... ps. HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?

OK boys, I'll bite on this subject.

WHAT is the reason for this bad talk and the terminal managers leaving for other companys? Can the freight not get unloaded/loaded because of lack of help?

It would seem to me that if the sales people would get the freight, drivers pick it up/deliver it and ALL of the people within a terminal had close relations things would work like a clock.

I am serious about looking at Estes for a job in management but some how I am starting to wonder if my choice of carriers was a good one.

WHAT is the reason for this bad talk and the terminal managers leaving for other companys? Can the freight not get unloaded/loaded because of lack of help?

It would seem to me that if the sales people would get the freight, drivers pick it up/deliver it and ALL of the people within a terminal had close relations things would work like a clock.

I am serious about looking at Estes for a job in management but some how I am starting to wonder if my choice of carriers was a good one.
Sales for the most part do their job but get hindered by Richmond with quotes, etc and the delay in response. Sales also has to compete with the reputation Estes has been getting. Dock/drivers, supv'rs., etc can only be as good as the attitude in the terminal and the willingness of the company to entice good people to stay and do a good job.

My friend, if you are serious about the business and want a place to hang your hat, I respectfully suggest you keep your hat on and keep knocking doors elsewhere. Too many problems here, and since the biggest part of the problem is this company's idea of how to treat it's people, a career choice would be made better elsewhere.

Good luck

So you are saying that all the problems are with Richmond? What exactly are the "suits" doing to the TMs that they are walking out and moving to other companys?

Estes just put $30 million into new terminals in the past year and are expanding to the upper mid west as we speak..

what needs to be done to get this company back in the groove then, where does it need to start and to what extent do things need to be executed? Maybe I could be a terminal checker man and travel around the states to see where the problems lie at hmm.

I am just curious as to why a company would sink millions in it and just let it die!

So you are saying that all the problems are with Richmond? What exactly are the "suits" doing to the TMs that they are walking out and moving to other companys?

Estes just put $30 million into new terminals in the past year and are expanding to the upper mid west as we speak..

what needs to be done to get this company back in the groove then, where does it need to start and to what extent do things need to be executed? Maybe I could be a terminal checker man and travel around the states to see where the problems lie at hmm.

I am just curious as to why a company would sink millions in it and just let it die!
[caller] dial, dial, dial, dial, dial, dial, dial

[phone at other end] ring, ring, ring

[answer] Hello, Dr. Phil here

[caller] Hello, Dr. Phil, I have a friend with a major problem

[Dr. Phil] Well sir, what is his problem

[caller] Well, he says he's trying to figure out what the problems at Estes are and how to help fix them

[Dr. Phil] Sedate him immediately and get him over here pronto. I will try to get the the surgeons to ther operating room now to get the labotamy reversed

[caller] Thanks doc. Where will he be after the operation if it's successful?

[Dr. Phil] Probably in the same room with Britney. Medical science has come a long ways, but some things are just too baffling to explain.

[caller] Will do, have a great day

[Dr. Phil] You too son

:chairshot: :butt kiss: :hysterical: :smilie_132:

I'd like to know where you came up with the $30million figure..that's extremely puzzling to me.. It's not only the TM's that are getting crapped on by Richmond, it's everyone from the TM down.. they are being asked to turn apples into orange juice..not giving anyone including TM's the proper things they need to do their jobs with, running terminals with minimal staff (never filling positions left open when someone moves on) which only increases the work load for people in management down through dock workers, which in turn frustrates everyone and makes them take it out on others and also makes them pickup the classifieds on Sunday.. its a pretty pathetic domino effect. Unless something drastic happens, I really don't see us competing with other carries in the future. They might as well paint Home Depot Express Lines on everything..

You are a funny guy top flight. You know exactly why they are expanding and why they are improving their real estate. Paint, pavement, lighting, perimeter security ie. fencing, walls, etc., landscaping. Can you say curb appeal boys and girls? I knew you could. Elvis out.....

Why would you want to give up your Estes corporate gig and get demoted down to a Terminal Manager?
I wonder whats wrong with the U.S.A. ?Maybe you should make me President and I could fix all your problems.:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I'd like to know where you came up with the $30million figure..that's extremely puzzling to me.. It's not only the TM's that are getting crapped on by Richmond, it's everyone from the TM down.. they are being asked to turn apples into orange juice..not giving anyone including TM's the proper things they need to do their jobs with, running terminals with minimal staff (never filling positions left open when someone moves on) which only increases the work load for people in management down through dock workers, which in turn frustrates everyone and makes them take it out on others and also makes them pickup the classifieds on Sunday.. its a pretty pathetic domino effect. Unless something drastic happens, I really don't see us competing with other carries in the future. They might as well paint Home Depot Express Lines on everything..

if we would become an ltl company instead of home depot express we all would be a lot better off. dont forget about bb&b... yuck

if we would become an ltl company instead of home depot express we all would be a lot better off. dont forget about bb&b... yuck

B,B&B is the worst account any company could have. Whoever got this account should be fired. Wrap our shipments at your delivery terminal with this special wrap that you cant see thru and then drop it off and we will unwrap it and send in a damage claim after you leave. We take pictures of the freight before hand and still get massive claims on it. I wonder if Rob has a major stock option in B,B&B? If not I wonder what kind of pictures they have of him????