Yellow | Jobs after YRC

Jughead

LOST
Credits
Looks like I`ll be starting a job as a tanker driver this week,first job I`ve had thats not a Teamster job since I was 21 years old,now 47.Only had 9 years at YRC(roadway).Just wondering what type jobs other YRC employees have gone too.

Good luck Jughead....many YRC'ers are in the same boat as you. I moved on last fall. I am now working in a warehouse and as a shuttle driver for a food company.

Looks like I`ll be starting a job as a tanker driver this week,first job I`ve had thats not a Teamster job since I was 21 years old,now 47.Only had 9 years at YRC(roadway).Just wondering what type jobs other YRC employees have gone too.

Jughead, I hear you Brother. I am considering jumping ship too. I held off quite awhile but the handwriting is definitely on the wall now. Best of luck.:shift:

I cannot understand it, what has happened? Hold on as long as possible. You won't be sorry

I got my walking papers and I walked over to UPS Freight and got right on and with in 1 month I was reclassed as a P&D driver. I hopeto be here a long time

Layed off last october from Roadway, working for highway trasport now running takers from canada to florida, easiest work I have ever done the pay is average. matter of fact we took a 5% pay cut last month, I guess they did not want us to be left out too!

Layed off last october from Roadway, working for highway trasport now running takers from canada to florida, easiest work I have ever done the pay is average. matter of fact we took a 5% pay cut last month, I guess they did not want us to be left out too!

I tried the get on with them and talked to a recruiter. He blew me off since I didn't have 2 years experience in hazmat tankers.

Chicago has been decimated from 950 Road drivers to ....?....who knows anymore. I'm 21 from the bottom and we haven't merged 301 into 309 yet. That happens next week. I applyed last March for a Government driving position and was offered the position. I took it. I will be finishing my last week with YRC this Monday then taking my remaining vacation time. I start on July 6th. HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY! GOOD LUCK TO ALL

Chicago has been decimated from 950 Road drivers to ....?....who knows anymore. I'm 21 from the bottom and we haven't merged 301 into 309 yet. That happens next week. I applyed last March for a Government driving position and was offered the position. I took it. I will be finishing my last week with YRC this Monday then taking my remaining vacation time. I start on July 6th. HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY! GOOD LUCK TO ALL

I applied for a government job too. Praying that they call me. How did that go anyways? Did they interview all the applicants? I'm wondering if my application is good for a period of time even if I don't get hired?

Gave up on YRC last month. Quit, not laid off. Was concerned about finding a job before they go out considering there will be an additional 600 drivers in Kansas City looking for employment when it finally happens.
Working for an outfit hauling fuel. Pretty difficult to learn. Lots of little things to watch out for, and if your not careful, one mistake could cost thousands of dollars. Get paid by the haul and as long as you don't have to wait at the pipeline, the money is pretty good.
The big players in the fuel hauling business in KC are Groendyke, Star and Carter. Working five days a week will get you in the ballpark of 50k to 65k.
Trained for two weeks, and just started my third week solo, things are slowly coming together. I averaged $23 an hour last evening, my best night so far. My worst night averaged about $14 an hour. Be patient, it just takes time.
Good luck

I applied for a government job too. Praying that they call me. How did that go anyways? Did they interview all the applicants? I'm wondering if my application is good for a period of time even if I don't get hired?

They will notify you by phone if you are chosen. By email for the Dear John. You need to create a resume' on their website and save it. Scan your DD-214 and drivers license, college transcripts, Medal certificates, etc.
When you search jobs on the website make sure you don't apply for the ones that say you need to enlist! (:clap:) They won't call until the end of the vacancy announcement day. You will know if you are in line for the position by clicking the application status link. They don't make it easy, but that's the Gov. for ya. Can you say....IN TRIPLICATE? :biglaugh:

i got hired at mcdonalds

A friend of my mother owns 3 McDonalds. Don't make jokes about that business. It can be very profitable. They have lease operators too. Kinda like leasing a truck. That is what he did to start off. It costs $50,000 to get in and you have to work at a McDonalds first to learn the system.

I'm talking to a guy at my church today. I knew he worked as a sales director for a place that had a few trucks, but I never knew the name of the company. He works for Batesville Casket, (the same one that I have heard only good things about here). Anyhow, he tells me that he would make some phone calls when the time comes, but we both agreed that with the seniority I have at Yellow/YRC I should stay put and ride the storm out. Neatest thing of all, I checked them out on the web and they are only about 8 miles from the house.

THANKS to all the brothers/former brothers who have been praising this company here on this wonderfully informative website. TRUCKINGBOARDS rules.

A friend of my mother owns 3 McDonalds. Don't make jokes about that business. It can be very profitable. They have lease operators too. Kinda like leasing a truck. That is what he did to start off. It costs $50,000 to get in and you have to work at a McDonalds first to learn the system.
no i really did get hired there been there for 5 months nothing else out there oh well

I started my own adult film company. First film about a guy that is 30 something that lives at home in his moms basement. Likes to take pay cuts, and hides his beer, so his mom does not find it. Plays xbox in his underwear all day.

His is also a manager for a sinking trucking company. Likes to collect aluminium cans, and has the whole world figured out.
:puke::eck15: LMB

He is lucky that he does not work with you. From what Ive heard about 120 he probablly wold be crying in his trailer MOMMY!!!!!!!!!! Kick his azz stroud! His mother probablly also signs for his certified mail and then questions him why did you get this son?:Bondage: