XPO | John Deere

DSR86

TB Lurker
Credits
Word on the street is we are losing John Deere to Old Dominion. Anyone hear anything official?

Over the past week, our usual JD tonnage on inbound has dwindled down to almost nothing. The local JD vendors we pick up at daily have stopped calling in pickups as well.

Word on the street is we are losing John Deere to Old Dominion. Anyone hear anything official?

Over the past week, our usual JD tonnage on inbound has dwindled down to almost nothing. The local JD vendors we pick up at daily have stopped calling in pickups as well.
We destroy everything we touch. It’s only a matter of time before we lose everything. I’ve been here a long time and I can tell you one thing, things are not getting better. It actually should be a crime the way we treat customers freight. But the customers are pretty smart people and they will figure out a way to resolve this problem unlike XPO management. They will leave lol.

I heard the same. JD was bread and butter for awhile, but as someone already stated…look at how it gets treated. No surprise at all

It actually should be a crime the way we treat customers freight.
I have been saying this for a long while . Last quarter was a gleaming sample of the criminal act . Pull in more freight than the system can handle only to pump up the revenue and mislead investors. Customers freight and employees be damed in the process. This should **** both customers and employees off.

We destroy everything we touch. It’s only a matter of time before we lose everything. I’ve been here a long time and I can tell you one thing, things are not getting better. It actually should be a crime the way we treat customers freight. But the customers are pretty smart people and they will figure out a way to resolve this problem unlike XPO management. They will leave lol.
100% Agree

I have been saying this for a long while . Last quarter was a gleaming sample of the criminal act . Pull in more freight than the system can handle only to pump up the revenue and mislead investors. Customers freight and employees be damed in the process. This should **** both customers and employees off.
It’s been making me mad for a while now. Hearing line drivers in the morning talking about their FAC. No room to move around on a forklift..just driving over freight. I’ve heard the phrase “It’s sad” a lot over the last year and a half.

Success at the corporate level is only gauged currently by the stock price and what drives it. This is not a customer driven company. Long-term success cannot be achieved with this thinking. Brad Jacobs is good at manipulating stock but not at the day-to-day running of a trucking company. The measure of success Profitability through satisfied returning customers.

Success at the corporate level is only gauged currently by the stock price and what drives it. This is not a customer driven company. Long-term success cannot be achieved with this thinking. Brad Jacobs is good at manipulating stock but not at the day-to-day running of a trucking company. The measure of success Profitability through satisfied returning customers.

4th quarter results were truly different. In tone and scope. He’s not even worried about the stock price any more. They are keeping the doors open until they can sell off the business units. Euro LTL is in second stage. North American cartage is in second stage. Last mile is being sold off. Once he gets his pay days from those. Then he can scuttle the remainder. We all saw this coming. Years ago. Us dipsticks were talking about this here on the trucker boards. Everyone knows what’s coming.

He missed his chances to sell the whole enchilada…. the great and mighty XPO Logistics. Amazon and Home Depot and many others went in another direction. He missed his chances to sell the North American LTL ( Con-way ). T-Force going with UPS Freight ( Overnite ) was probably just as much a nail in the coffin as any other factors.

To anyone still working there. The job market has never been better. And it is a serious eye opener once you leave. A lot of familiar faces wearing different colored shirts in different colored trucks. A simple stop at a Loves can the best part of your night. Old friends smiling and happy to see you. Telling you about how such a simple change has been so fulfilling. That all the stress and worry was nonsense. These companies are all desperate. There are mountains of freight to move. It’s middle of winter and there aren’t any people talking about layoffs. Just out here trucking it up.

Good luck and God Bless. Do what’s best for you are yours. Don’t forget. It’s not just them counting on you. YOU are counting on YOU.

<snip>A lot of familiar faces wearing different colored shirts in different colored trucks. A simple stop at a Loves can the best part of your night. Old friends smiling and happy to see you. Telling you about how such a simple change has been so fulfilling. That all the stress and worry was nonsense. <snip>
Drivers stopping at Love's and talking to old friends? Be still my heart! All I've read lately has been drivers who don't want to stop and take breaks because they want to get home sooner. Wow, maybe there's hope for us yet!

Drivers stopping at Love's and talking to old friends? Be still my heart! All I've read lately has been drivers who don't want to stop and take breaks because they want to get home sooner. Wow, maybe there's hope for us yet!
Tri if SOR's cousins were waiting for you at home you might skip your breaks to get there sooner. Lots of luvin. :lmao:

hunka-hunka.jpg

There is a world outside XPO. And it’s pretty freaking awesome.

John deere is junk freight anyway. All we do is destroy it. I understand why they would go to someone else, I would too. We need to lose a few big accounts for Ann Arbor to realize we have a problem on our hands. It’s really the only way they will notice.