XPO | Jumping ship

ZekDak

TB Lurker
Credits
Hey drivers just curious if you feel that xpo would be a better option to jump too. I'm at yrc now almost 5 years and feel like I'm going nowhere. It's a small terminal. I have the opportunity to go to xpo getting paid more and running linehaul.

Hey drivers just curious if you feel that xpo would be a better option to jump too. I'm at yrc now almost 5 years and feel like I'm going nowhere. It's a small terminal. I have the opportunity to go to xpo getting paid more and running linehaul.
What do you mean by going nowhere? What are your expectations at YRC ?

What do you mean by going nowhere? What are your expectations at YRC ?
Make good money which I do but in 2 years I'll be making 7 dollars more at xpo than yrc. In 2 years at yrc they will be fighting over a new contract

Make good money which I do but in 2 years I'll be making 7 dollars more at xpo than yrc. In 2 years at yrc they will be fighting over a new contract
You have to weigh the cost of benefits vs the higher hourly rate. Also you are starting at the bottom at Xpo so there will be some drawbacks involved with that .
Have you considered UPS parcel ?
Good luck

You have to weigh the cost of benefits vs the higher hourly rate. Also you are starting at the bottom at Xpo so there will be some drawbacks involved with that .
Have you considered UPS parcel ?
Good luck
I have and they start way low with there starting pay. Appreciate you responding back

pros for staying at yrc are seniority rights ,OVERTIME AFTER 8, EXCELLANT BENFEITS and a grievance procedure!! Yes xpo is paying you more money but at the end of the day its straight time, high cost benefits for the family and your at the mercy of a company that can fire u at will.

Right now may or may not be a good time to come to XPO. We have a linehaul driver that has been with us for one year and is number 4 of 8 on nights. He had no experience when he started. It took me 16 years here to get where he is in one. With that said, we are finally getting drivers hired, they raised our rate to $35.89/.82. I think a recession is here and will get much worse and changing jobs right now may not be a good idea. I would talk directly to the tm and ask some questions about linehaul at the terminal you would be going to.

Go with UPS package . First couple years may be rough but you’ll far ahead in the long run . They are over $40 an hour and you’ll never beat the benes , pension .

Depending on where he is in life, ABF may or may not be a good idea. Their benefits are very strong, but the pay has fallen way behind. Certainly nowhere near $36 an hour and 82 cents per mile
Still better off with the pension. None of these non union drivers are talking about their new 201k. The pay is only that high to keep out the Teamsters notice how they are trying to match UPS Feeder pay rate.

It's all about location, location and location at XPO. Some are OK, some are great, and then there are the hell holes.
You need to stop looking at just that one line on your paycheck. Hourly rate. You need to look at the whole package.

Still better off with the pension. None of these non union drivers are talking about their new 201k. The pay is only that high to keep out the Teamsters notice how they are trying to match UPS Feeder pay rate.
What is 201k ? The feeder drivers I talk to run there schedule if it's 2000 # or 20000# it runs at that time