New Penn | jumping ship

new penn managers,salesman,supervisors have been JUMPING SHIP for the last 2- 3 years ever since yellow started making changes...you can find BUNCH AT NEMF.

the managers at NEW PENN all know whts going on and are good poker players.
r&l is a good reputable carrier but in opinion nemf would not be on my list...lol

Not what I heard

I heard upper management was very pleased, teamsters respected him, supervisors liked him........not sure where you got your information. He kept the OR down better than his predecessor.

I guess people will just keep saying "no loss" every time someone decent leaves until there are no decent people left.

Pretty soon you'll have just the Yellow people to deal with. Won't that be fun?? They do such a great job over there.

its good that we have everyones perspective and we get the broad view . instead of the soap boxers who seem to always overshadow with negativity....remember the site name is not 'truckdrivers boards '...but drivers seem to think this is only designated to a drivers view.

I wonder why some of the senior VP's at newpenn are staying around? Are they paying them that well? Or are they locked in for a certain number of years as part of the deal when YRC bought us?

Could there be a leveraged buyout in the works by senior management? Big announcement next month? Tm's and middle management may be fed up with their health copays and profit sharing which has frankly gone down the toilet. Did I post that on here? Just maybe he found a better job in Scranton.

I know after selling out to Roadway (old man Arnold) he later bought Arnold Ind back. I can only guess he got bored sitting on the farm counting his money. It was a different time back then New Penn was a different company back then. The U models with a ten speed flew bosses were different and the work got done. Believe it or not it was a great job. (Early 80) in J-O city as it was known then.(06) Who knows ? It would be in everyones best interest (labor or mgt) if you were liberated. Good luck to all.

Arnold bought back Arnold industries as part of the deal when he sold to roadway. it was an immediate buy back. He was not sitting around bored.
I was told a call was made to arnold and leedy and they didnt have interest in buying back newpenn.

I don't know about upper management liking Jeff, or teamsters for that matter, but I know for a fact I didn't trust him and his O R was worse than mikes was. Thrid quarter O R was a 96 up about 10% over last year!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff did a nice job and always tried to do the right thing. There is no way you would have an O/R for the Scranton terminal for Q3 as those numbers are not generated on a quarterly basis.

Jeff, did a better job keeping labor to revenue at a lower figure than before. It is very difficult to compare last year's O/R with this year's O/R in this economy and then say Jeff didn't do as well.

Jeff did very well with the things that he could control.

I was repling to what npmemanager was saying about jeff,I disagree from a workers point of veiw. And as far as the o r thats exactly what smitty (who is in charge of labor relations) told me it was. A 96!!!!!!

I agree with fathertrucker

I am very close with Jeff and as such I will keep my comments brief as I do not want to give myself away. Fathertrucker was right on. Jeff did a better job managing the labor costs. Too many factors in comparing an OR from year to year. New Penn is a MUCH different company in 2008than in 2007.

Dan S....smitty...VP of Labor...is a bumbling idiot who cannot even put an intelligent sentence together. He is a disgrace....I will say no more.

Jeff stated numerous times that if his wife had a job he would have stayed....he felt he couldn't take the chance. I think he made the wrong decision but I support him none the less.

It is guys like him that we cannot afford to loose...........