New Penn | jumping the gun

the5tolls

Wait till 2024....we'll show em!
Credits
Hi Guys, I might be an optimist, but let's say the NO votes win next week, what would it take for you to switch your vote to YES next time? I know it sounds good to say give us everything back full pension and our fifteen percent, but I do not think that is a realistic goal at this time. My thoughts would be, leave our vacations as is, don't even think about bringing in outside carriers to haul our freight, and if we did have to let them have outside carriers haul our freight they must be teamsters, a one percent pay raise in all five years and give us a little bit back in the pension, maybe five percent a year, thirty percent the first year, thirty five the second and so on so after five years we could be up to fifty percent instead of twenty five. What do you guys think, am I hoping for too much or asking for too little? I am looking forward to hearing your responses, maybe some of our representatives will read this thread and get some ideas of what to try and negotiate if we get good news next week!

I actually think it's a fair question but unrealistic. What would be reasonable? Well, being a reasonable person I do know that not all lost could be regained but I do know that a man that's making 1.8 million dollars should be able (and smart enough) to have a better plan than what's been thrown at you (unless that IS the plan). If it's a "no" vote (and it should be) they will restructure, period. They aren't smart enough to know how to do anything else and the plan has already been laid out from the 5 million dollar man. However, to answer your question, there should be NOTHING else taken and the givebacks to you should begin. Never EVER outsource UNION work to non-union carriers, you want a fast lane to destroy the union, there it is. (why would a company outsource to another union company? this is strictly to outsource for cheaper labor) The proposed MOU is for 5 years, divide all that was taken by 5 years and there's the answer. Everyone has given back long enough and at the last MOU, the powers that be KNEW they would come back at this time, needing to refi and would ask AGAIN for concessions. By 2019, everyone should be back to where they where in 2008. IF the big guy at YRC REALLY cared about this company AND the people, he wouldn't have taken the salary he did and got his little golden parachute of a contract. At the shareholders meeting, his salary and perks where based on "his risk" of regaining employment if the company should fail. Are you FREAKING kidding me? His risk? give me a break. Anyway, I didn't mean to rant on. Your question was "What would it take?" It would take no MORE concessions and a plan to regain what was taken over the next 5 years.