FedEx Freight | Jury Duty summons

Should be a law says all companies gotta do this. Then maybe people wouldnt make up every lie they can think of to get outta jury doody

Dammit some of us actually got bills to pay

I just did a quick search on it. I might be wrong but it appears there is no federal law but some state laws say otherwise. In most states there is no law saying you have to be paid. Dr Driver, I would just ask local management. If they can't give a definate answer call human resources.

Sorry about that, I really thought it was a law and I don't blame anyone who tries to get out of it. When I was 21 I had to sit for 6 days on a murder trial. I wasn't comfortable at all being asked to decide someone else's fate. I lived in mom and dad's house so the burdon of paying bills wan't there. I remember other jurer's getting irritated with how long it went on for which shouldn't be when deciding on another human being's life. I'm amazed it isn't law. We're told it's our duty to be present when questered for jury duty but the companies are told to do whatever they want. Doesn't seem right. Here's an idea, make the lawyer who picked me for his case pay me instead.

I look at jury duty as a civic duty. It is better than being drafted into the military.
If it is a real burden then do your best to get out of it.

How would you like your case to be decided by 12 people who were too dumb to avoid jury duty?
Some of us like jury duty. Served on a jury years ago that sent a meth head to State prison for the rest of his life. He committed armed robbery with a gun, and even hit the pregnant cashier with said weapon. Third strike added to the 5 felonies we convicted him of. Judge gave him over 100 years at Pelican Bay Penitentiary. Good place for that douche bag.

Some of us like jury duty. Served on a jury years ago that sent a meth head to State prison for the rest of his life. He committed armed robbery with a gun, and even hit the pregnant cashier with said weapon. Third strike added to the 5 felonies we convicted him of. Judge gave him over 100 years at Pelican Bay Penitentiary. Good place for that douche bag.
He was probably released after 2 years due to overcrowding.