Just a few rules

TheBigR

04/46-02/2010
Rest In Peace
Credits
I realize this is a very difficult time for the employees of OHFL. However we must follow a few simple rules. Leave out the F bombs, other unacceptable cursing, the Sc*b word, personal attacks on posters. Attack the post, not the poster. I cut you people a lot of slack during this time, so help me out here. Non OHFL employee posters will be judged on a post by post basis.

I realize this is a very difficult time for the employees of OHFL. However we must follow a few simple rules. Leave out the F bombs, other unacceptable cursing, the Sc*b word, personal attacks on posters. Attack the post, not the poster. I cut you people a lot of slack during this time, so help me out here. Non OHFL employee posters will be judged on a post by post basis.

I agree 110% with TBR's post!
This is a financially trying time for all involved, let's think before we post, treat eachother the way you would like to be treated. Think twice submit once and everyone will be fine.

Most members from other trucking companies are viewing this topic closely to see how you members are handling the strike.
Act professional,Be professional.

I hope everything settles soon.:console:

Please remember to follow the rule below.

Fighting, threatening or releasing any personal information about anyone here unless it is to inform the community the person is deceased.... No last name of anyone is to be used on Truckingboards at anytime unless this person is famous and in the news already.

my opinion

i am new to this and i'm just wondering why w can't say sc*b

We don't like the word just the same way we don't like derogatory comments towards Union workers

I don't have a problem with the use of the "S" word , when used in the proper context. It is by Websters dictionary an accepted term for "a person who works when his fellow workers are on stike or who works in the place of a striking worker"
Accepted common usage, that is, until it became politically correct to call them replacement workers...which of course has a whole different connotation. Sorta like calling illeagal aliens "undocumented workers".
But , hey, it's your board and and your rules and I'll abide by them.

But I know, and my brothers and sisters on the picket line at OHFL know, what those who slink through the gate are...
and it ain't "replacement workers"!

I would like to say that word has only one meaning and it is an ethnic slur no comparison to the "s" word. Only one meaning in the dictionary as well.

I would like to say that word has only one meaning and it is an ethnic slur no comparison to the "s" word. Only one meaning in the dictionary as well.

I will have to contend that I made a mistake. I should have expected readers to entirely miss the point. That is a hazard of putting up a short post.
Obviously, what I was trying to point out is that simply because something is found in American liturature does not mean that it should be acceptable in any situation. This in no way makes a comparison between one word and another. Anyone that would see it that way is indeed shallow.
If the word that you would like so much to use on these message boards was acceptable, it seems that the moderator would not have banned it.

all I can say is this is intended to be a friendly website and if anyone is not satisfied with the way this site is moderated or the rules of this forum,there are many trucking forums on the internet that will let anybody say anything about anybody in any way they choose. This is not that kind of forum

If this place is not for you I respectfully ask you find one that more suits your needs.

Thanks
Jeff

I apologize if I was out of line. I know what is meant by the word in question and I know how it is usually said (inflection.) I also appreciate your diligence in enforcing the rules.
Thank you.
Bert

its all good driver.... just trying to provide a place for all thats easy to find