Yellow | Just found you guys

2 timer

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello guys, (gals too). I'm retired 2nd generation "Big R" driver. My dad hiredin at old Akron Terminal Sep. 1959- Retired Aug. 1969. I hired in at Toledo, Oh. Nov. 1975, & quit Apr. 1978. Then hired in as yard casual in Jun. 1987 till I went back on the road in Jan. 1988. One of the old timers saw me at the window, & asked if this was 2 or 3 times working here. I replied only 2 times, whereby he said that I looked like a two timer. From that day on, my handle has been 2 Timer. In Aug. 1992 change of ops., I transferred to R-07-North Lima, Oh. triples relay. I retired Jul. 15, 2000 after accumulating over 1.352 million miles of safe driving. I was very lucky. I think of all of you out there. I miss my many friends, but not the job. All of you take care & be safe. ---Gary: smilie_132:

Hey 2 Timer! Nice to have you join our forums!

How about I link this thread to the Roadway Forum so the other drivers there can welcome you?

Welcome to the boards 2 timer.:1036316054: It's always good to hear from the retirees. We have a few freight retirees still active at our local that I see all the time. Talking about a walking history book!! If you guys want a window into how this thing of ours came about, talk to a retiree!! The BigR told me once about how tough it was driving on those dirt roads!!:biglaugh: DS.

Docksteward said:
Welcome to the boards 2 timer.:1036316054: It's always good to hear from the retirees. We have a few freight retirees still active at our local that I see all the time. Talking about a walking history book!! If you guys want a window into how this thing of ours came about, talk to a retiree!! The BigR told me once about how tough it was driving on those dirt roads!!:biglaugh: DS.
Chain drive and solid rubber tires............:rofl2: :rofl2:

driving on those dirt roads!! DS.

I think that Roadway is going back to dirt roads, looking at how they are routing us! 2 lane roads instead of interstates just to save 2 miles, with HOT freight..to boot.

Hoosierky said:
driving on those dirt roads!! DS.

I think that Roadway is going back to dirt roads, looking at how they are routing us! 2 lane roads instead of interstates just to save 2 miles, with HOT freight..to boot.
Looks like the same old thing.......spend a dollar to save a dime!!:chairshot: DS.

It wasn't that long ago (well 70s anyway) that US 59 was a 4 lane dirt hwy for a long ways down in southern Texas. The kicker was that it was in better shape than alot of paved hwys today. Good to see you on the boards 2 Timer. Enjoy your retirement!

2 Timer said:
Hello guys, (gals too). I'm retired 2nd generation "Big R" driver. My dad hiredin at old Akron Terminal Sep. 1959- Retired Aug. 1969. I hired in at Toledo, Oh. Nov. 1975, & quit Apr. 1978. Then hired in as yard casual in Jun. 1987 till I went back on the road in Jan. 1988. One of the old timers saw me at the window, & asked if this was 2 or 3 times working here. I replied only 2 times, whereby he said that I looked like a two timer. From that day on, my handle has been 2 Timer. In Aug. 1992 change of ops., I transferred to R-07-North Lima, Oh. triples relay. I retired Jul. 15, 2000 after accumulating over 1.352 million miles of safe driving. I was very lucky. I think of all of you out there. I miss my many friends, but not the job. All of you take care & be safe. ---Gary: smilie_132:

Welcome 2 Timer