ODFL | Just hired into driver program for OD

Ok "driver" lol. Far from jr seniority. Stick to local deliveries, let the professionals guide the new guys
Hi, I appreciate your input. I'm looking forward to starting. I have learned one thing for sure and that is attitude is everything. No place is perfect, but OD is giving me a great opportunity for me to further my career and I plan on going in there with the right attitude. Again, I appreciate your comments and be safe out there.

This is trucking so regardless of who you drive for your family suffers. I've been in this game a long time and it takes a certain type of person to make it in this industry.

This is trucking so regardless of who you drive for your family suffers. I've been in this game a long time and it takes a certain type of person to make it in this industry.
I agree. I've been running 55+ hours a week for the past several years. It definitely takes a certain type of person with a supportive family to make it in this industry or any industry working tons of hours.

Ok "driver" lol. Far from jr seniority. Stick to local deliveries, let the professionals guide the new guys
Been running line way before you son,, most you could never make the switch and trust me if anything else your company number is very jr to mine.,,

I agree. I've been running 55+ hours a week for the past several years. It definitely takes a certain type of person with a supportive family to make it in this industry or any industry working tons of hours.
You ain’t been running for no one if you a driver trainee boy

Make sure you read post 28, and 29 too. Billy has mowed more miles backwards, than any of us have, going forward.

Unless you

Don't know how this forum turned into a brag fest. Noone cares. Try running food deliveries averaging about 60 hours/week for 8 years. Rarely any baby dock bumps either.
I don't know who you're directing your comment to but I said he couldn't have his 20th year until he had first day. That means we all had to have a first day. As far as food delivery I did that back in the 90's. No docks and 28 deliveries on my first run of the week. Ran the back mountain roads of South Eastern Kentucky, Tennessee and Virginia. Some of us have been around a long time and we're not here to rip on the younger guys. For the record my youngest son started here at 18 and at 21 went through the class became combo and is now P/D. My oldest son runs food service and has for years.

Unless you

Don't know how this forum turned into a brag fest. Noone cares. Try running food deliveries averaging about 60 hours/week for 8 years. Rarely any baby dock bumps either.
For the matter we all care if you coming here with attitude,,, son you don’t even got your man card (cdl) yet so calm them birches down son,, Uber eats no big deal,, follow your phone bring me my food when I’m in a hotel Od paying for,,, we knew you wasn’t made for real work the second you said you want linehaul so don’t go preaching how hard door dash was

I don't know who you're directing your comment to but I said he couldn't have his 20th year until he had first day. That means we all had to have a first day. As far as food delivery I did that back in the 90's. No docks and 28 deliveries on my first run of the week. Ran the back mountain roads of South Eastern Kentucky, Tennessee and Virginia. Some of us have been around a long time and we're not here to rip on the younger guys. For the record my youngest son started here at 18 and at 21 went through the class became combo and is now P/D. My oldest son runs food service and has for years.
No use comparing your hard labor with a door dash driver

Thanks, wasn't directed at you. Only wrote about bulk food delivery because someone questioned whether I could work long hours. My apologies to you. Only started this thread to literally ask 1 question and it turned in to something completely different by 1 person, lol Be safe out there.