Yellow | Just looked at the want adds for truck drivers!

dejabo

TB Lurker
Credits
Just looked at the want ads for truck drivers!
I can run 48 states and split .42 per mile cool. Or I can start a local Rt for $14.00 per hour and work my way up the ladder to $16.23 per hour.
Then they have medical insurance I can purchase….
After I buy medical insurance and pay my $1,000 deductible (per person) per year and then pay the 20% of the bill the insurance does not cover….
No bids, NO bid runs or routes, NO 40 hour guarantee, NO overtime after (8) Overtime after 50 or 60 hours,,
With all the extra money I will have I can start a 401K that my employer will match 5% after a year…
WOW! Yes sir sign me up I can’t wait till I go NON-UNION…
Oh and I have to sign an agreement that they can let me go at anytime for no reason “at will" employee.
And if I have a problem I can keep my mouth shut because I will have no one to call for help...
I know it totally sucks the situation this company (no fault of ours) got their dumb asses into but how fun will it be to walk into a FedEx break room for your first day as a NON-UNION "at will" employee…
Crazy at it seems after all the cuts we are still way ahead of the NON-UNION companies…

Also, if you work the dock, all the numbers they keep trying to shove down your throat, like customers per hour, load factor, and strip vs stack percentage, can get you fired if the numbers are not met consistently.

i would be more than happy to walk into a FedEx break room on my first day at this point. I've always done a good job and never needed the union to save my ass, just needed them to get me fair pay and benefits. As far as almost all the other companies go I agree with what you say. After all the cuts we've taken they don't come close to the cuts when looking at what's out there.

Just looked at the want ads for truck drivers!
I can run 48 states and split .42 per mile cool. Or I can start a local Rt for $14.00 per hour and work my way up the ladder to $16.23 per hour.
Then they have medical insurance I can purchase….
After I buy medical insurance and pay my $1,000 deductible (per person) per year and then pay the 20% of the bill the insurance does not cover….
No bids, NO bid runs or routes, NO 40 hour guarantee, NO overtime after (8) Overtime after 50 or 60 hours,,
With all the extra money I will have I can start a 401K that my employer will match 5% after a year…
WOW! Yes sir sign me up I can’t wait till I go NON-UNION…
Oh and I have to sign an agreement that they can let me go at anytime for no reason “at will" employee.
And if I have a problem I can keep my mouth shut because I will have no one to call for help...
I know it totally sucks the situation this company (no fault of ours) got their dumb asses into but how fun will it be to walk into a FedEx break room for your first day as a NON-UNION "at will" employee…
Crazy at it seems after all the cuts we are still way ahead of the NON-UNION companies…

Then I would recommend you run, not walk over there and apply. At least you'll be way ahead of everyone else when this grrrreat company locks the gates. By the way, if the onion is so grrrreat, why haven't they organ-ized these places? Guess its easier for them to sit on their huge fat a$$e$ and give away whats left of the nmfa benefits!

I will go to work for Fed Ex or Old Dominion if everyone votes to give back more of my pay! this going backwards sh$t is for the birds!!!!

Bubba's Cartage Co. in Podunk AR. is taking applications. They start at minimum wage and have insurance you can purchase for $200 a week . Overtime is paid over 60 hours, if they like you.

Fed x isn't a bad place to work, I've got several friends from there and they got their b s too. Just on the other side of the fence

Lets not forget to mention that the Fed Ex Terminal in Boston is union. I know, Shhhh! I won't tell anyone that, I promise. :poster_oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
Many of my friends and mine from the CVE/218, including myself, have applied at several of the non union ltl's that have terminals in our area, and guess what??? None of them have contacted any of us back. I even dropped off in person my resume at the new FedEx Freight terminal in Richfield, Ohio and I'm pretty sure the guy put my resume in the circular file as soon as I left. Very few companies want YRC people as the only companies that contacted me have been union carriers like ABF, NEMF (they are in machinists union), and Holland. The positions at those companies were casual or not local cartage which is what I currently do. Even truckload outfits don't want us unless we resign. Heartland Express told me that my 15 years of driving experience did not count because I was in a daycab. But they told me I could go to an approved school of theirs, graduate, drive with a trainer for a month, drive with another student for a month, and then finally get my own truck, of course starting at their lowest wage and not the 50 cents per mile they advertise. What an insult....I have 15 years of experience and a squeaky clean CDL.

Yea Come over to Conway ,after you work the dock 6 hrs you can go on a via to minneapolis then go home after burning your 16 get up in 10 hrs do it all over again the next nite you will have 14's to burn the rest of the week. But first you have to move off the flex board.

tlar123...To be honest with you Con-way is one of the few ltl's (I know would not be welcome at Gomer Pyle, either) I did not apply at. A good friend of mine work's there at AY and I hear all the horror stories and how they moved you to a 70 hour week. Plus, I'm a terrible dock worker, or so I have been told by YRC management because I'm interested in loading freight without damaging it and not getting myself hurt in the process.