Yellow | Just Remember

I would think most of it is with the newer guys, and disgruntled senoir guys. It does take some skill to not damage freight and be efficient at the same time. Oh my bad, did I say skill?

The damages did not start just since the 4 hour guys and new hires. Have seen it for years, loaded by people who do it everyday but some are too lazy, or think it looks good enough, to get off the lift and use dunnage, air bags, or deck bars. I always wonder how many dock people actually know which side of the road is the low side, and why it makes a difference in how you load a trailer on the left or right?

If everybody came to work everyday there wouldn't be language in there for excessive absenteism.

My thought are this on that from my barn people working 12,13,14rds a day sometimes more it get old and U burn yourself out! Some not all. They give you reasons like owe we are shorthanded , can U do this drop and hook but call me if there is room on the trailer I may have something else in that area then they really get U because you are now committed and forget on the basic premise of a drop and hook! Been there done that it just gets old! It is not our problem nor should it be that they can not get new blood to get behind the wheel because of the poor starting wage! This issue with excessive absenteeism in my view will bite them in the ass if they start dismissing guys who are found guilty of this? They will not have enough bodies to service the freight , due to no new blood filling the ranks! It is a double edged sword on both side!:mf_swordfight:

My thought are this on that from my barn people working 12,13,14rds a day sometimes more it get old and U burn yourself out! Some not all. They give you reasons like owe we are shorthanded , can U do this drop and hook but call me if there is room on the trailer I may have something else in that area then they really get U because you are now committed and forget on the basic premise of a drop and hook! Been there done that it just gets old! It is not our problem nor should it be that they can not get new blood to get behind the wheel because of the poor starting wage! This issue with excessive absenteeism in my view will bite them in the ass if they start dismissing guys who are found guilty of this? They will not have enough bodies to service the freight , due to no new blood filling the ranks! It is a double edged sword on both side!:mf_swordfight:

That's where these 2 paragraphs on the last page of the agreement come into play

Utility Employee. This would permit use of utility employees within a 180 mile
radius to service end of line terminals. It would not directly result in layoffs of
road drivers.
Service Area. This would permit the Company to discontinue service to low
volume areas and use contractors. It would be subject to the existing change of
operations procedures. The Company would be required to reinstate direct
employees if freight volumes increase.

It's managements job to make sure the lazy worker does his job right . If your getting in trouble at work , and having problems with management odds are you are a bad worker . Do your dam job because you have some self respect for yourself . I find it disgusting when I see lazy workers doing a bad job or not doing anything at all . YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE WE ALL DO !!!!

The infamous UE that was a good experiment? If we have to reestablish will they pay$1 more per hour or mileage rate? ,LOL Good luck finding interline carriers, none are consisitent usually fly by night outfits with 2 straight truck that crash/ fold in several months when YRC does not pay them!.

The damages did not start just since the 4 hour guys and new hires. Have seen it for years, loaded by people who do it everyday but some are too lazy, or think it looks good enough, to get off the lift and use dunnage, air bags, or deck bars. I always wonder how many dock people actually know which side of the road is the low side, and why it makes a difference in how you load a trailer on the left or right?

isn't that the job of the dock supervisors who walk around texting their girlfriend or updating their facebook status. put the blame on all the problem.

no,if they would quit running short staffed all the time this wouldn't be an issue. people do actually get sick contrary to popular belief.

You'd never know that when you read about public sector employees retiring and getting huge "unused sick day" payouts of five or six figures. We're just in the wrong business.

isn't that the job of the dock supervisors who walk around texting their girlfriend or updating their facebook status. put the blame on all the problem.

I guess you are right. What the heck was I thinking? I keep thinking maybe some people have some pride in doing a good job, or have a positive work ethic. If you want to be viewed as a professional, then you should perform your job like one.

You'd never know that when you read about public sector employees retiring and getting huge "unused sick day" payouts of five or six figures. We're just in the wrong business.

yeah,i know they spend years flipping their sleep schedules & 2 hour work calls. and I am sure all those jobs have less heat than our docks and yards.ha ha we are in the wrong bizz

I guess you are right. What the heck was I thinking? I keep thinking maybe some people have some pride in doing a good job, or have a positive work ethic. If you want to be viewed as a professional, then you should perform your job like one.

yes they should. and anyone on our side should as well. I know I do.

yes they should. and anyone on our side should as well. I know I do.

They should. They'll respond more to peer pressure from their brothers and sisters to pull their own weight than they will from a supervisor that has no idea how to lead or motivate. When 95+% of those in the trenches are working hard and smart imagine how many supervisors you could get rid of.

Last edited by a moderator:
They should. They'll respond more to peer pressure from their brothers and sisters to pull their own weight than they will from a supervisor that has no idea how to lead or motivate. When 95+% of those in the trenches are working hard and smart imagine how many supervisors you could get rid of.

I am an old school teamster. When a brother needs a toss on the dock you help. when a driver needs help hooking a set in the snow you help. when one is slacking off you have a talk with them. what makes me so mad is that don't work with these supervisors in todays environment. years ago we had old school managers, freight guys. they did their thing, we did ours.if you had a problem with a low level manager you went to his boss and had a confrontation & if you proved right he got his ass ripped. Nowadays they get kids right out of college, tell them we are the enemy & turn em loose. Something has to change, all the freight managers either retired, or went to the competition.

I know many drivers that are on the sick board for ligitimate reasons.After years(post concession)of being overworked because we are cheap now and they cant find qualified drivers.The body begins to break down.So therefore injuries are the result.as far as im concerned the cheaper we get(by voting yes)The harder its going to be to find qualified and willing individuals to come to work here.In actuality the company is doing a diservice to itself and to the presently employed here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

More about our public sector employees looking out for the common good. Ha!

More than 100 suspects — many of them retired city cops and firefighters falsely claiming they were traumatized on 9/11 — were busted Tuesday in a huge mental disability pension fraud scam that cost taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars, authorities said.

http://nypost.com/2014/01/07/massive-social-security-fraud-probe-snares-scores-of-fdny-nypd-retirees/