Kinda bummed

Lazer

WWG1WGA
Credits
Was away from the yard early part of last week, got a text from someone looking for work. Texted back the job parameters, you know the usual stuff, hours, schedule, furnished housing, no driver facing cameras, class A needed with X endorsement, no auto restriction, etc.
He texted back, all sounds good, scheduled for Friday noon to come in a fill out application.
Friday noon no show, wait an hour then I text him to let him know I will be at the yard all afternoon, so stop by anytime.
4pm, got a return text say ‘ no thanks, I’m not comfortable driving manuals full time’.
Well crap, what’s wrong with people these days?

Was away from the yard early part of last week, got a text from someone looking for work. Texted back the job parameters, you know the usual stuff, hours, schedule, furnished housing, no driver facing cameras, class A needed with X endorsement, no auto restriction, etc.
He texted back, all sounds good, scheduled for Friday noon to come in a fill out application.
Friday noon no show, wait an hour then I text him to let him know I will be at the yard all afternoon, so stop by anytime.
4pm, got a return text say ‘ no thanks, I’m not comfortable driving manuals full time’.
Wow, I’d rather drive a 10, 13 or a 15 any day. What would these newbies do if they had to drive a twin stick? The good old day’s.

Wow, I’d rather drive a 10, 13 or a 15 any day. What would these newbies do if they had to drive a twin stick? The good old day’s.
The 9 spd is probably one of the best transmissions ever built for a freight truck.
I did love the B 61s with a heavy 25k load on a single-lane mountain road.
You had to crank it 2150 to get that 170 hp, and hoped you had enough brakes to keep it whoaed down

in the end, it's "entitlement"

some think that the CDL they have in thier wallet means they are spayshell, and don't need to do any actual work, like driving.

next comes the complaints that one load hand the be partially finger printed, or that the need to stop and fuel, and had to wait in line for like 45 minutes.

my best suggestion is the next email, text or phone call you get, you lay down those parameters, and then say what window of time you will be able to meet him.

**no show.>??

move on, as i'd not chase a pre-applicant.

ignorance to simple common courtesy to NOT call you to cancel, tells me his "entitlement" is showing in spades.

** extenuating circumstances for the pre-applicant to not call you that ARE acceptable are:

1) an accident on the way there, and he was taken to the hospital

2) he was in a bank, and decided to rob it instead of applying for the job, and is in jail

3) he was pulling out his driveway at his home, and got carjacked, and was shot in the head, and is now dead

4) his parents didn't give him permission to leave the basement.

5) he soiled his diaper cuz you told him the job WAS available, and he was hoping to stay out of work, and collect welfare