Averitt | Knx. shop does it again !

Iceman

Company Man
Credits
Once again Knoxville shop showed how to do it right and quickly ! I had a random engine fault light that would come and go, but finally stayed on and killed my pulling power. 30,000lbs felt like 45,000lbs ! You talk about dragging up the mountains ! I dropped it off Wednesday morning, Danny said to leave it out back and they would get right to it. Jimmy and Franco, two of our senior mechanics, took the time to hear me explain how the performance had deteriorated during my last trip. I went off duty and when I returned that night she was ready to roll even with a fresh service. Turned out to be an EGR problem, the truck ran like a champ last night. I just thought I would share some GOOD news and give Danny and his guys a public thank you for taking good care of the truck assigned to me.

I wish AE would ask the drivers about each experience with the shops, this could be something as simple as a qual comm macro that you have to complete that goes straight to cookeville after each visit to a shop/vendor.
As drivers we are watched in a variety of ways, from on time arrivals, service times, to our salesman asking each customer they visit how their service is going, to the mechanics having to do a form on the cleanliness of your windows when they work on your truck (yep, that's a question they answer on the form they fill out). I think the shops need to be held accountable for their customer service just as we are. I'm sure the numbers and reports they give are self generated and are often fudged, haven't you ever had a mechanic give you a light bulb or wipers and ask for your mileage saying that gives him 30 mins of time on his reports? Has anyone ever asked you if your experience with the shop was timely and professional? When chances are they looked and acted like you were a burden/pain in their butt for having a flat or asking for a part so you could take care of it yourself. How many times has a mechanic rolled his eyes, sighed or something similar when you showed up with an issue?
Knx has always had a good reputation as a good shop, I had good luck with Tricities as well, but there are others that are very disappointing. In my experience Knx would listen to a driver where others would treat you as you don't know what's going on with something you live in for days at a time. More than once I waited extensively for a simple fix or had to go to another shop due to incompetence. Some shops are lazy, try getting something simple taken care of at 9am and you'll hear, " I'll get to it after my break" and that break is at 9:15-9:30. Our shops would be out of business if they conducted business in a public setting the way they do with us. Nashville's famous words..... "park it around back", where they are already numerous trucks waiting.
The down side of such service- drivers avoid the shops so they don't have to lose money waiting, or they wait and get a vendor to take care of it down the road so they get better service, and even worse, they ignore the issue which could be something unsafe or that ends up costing the company more money down the road.

In my travels I rate the following shops as excellent,
KNX,CHA,JKN,LEX,DAL,ORL,DEC,TRI,CIN,LOU,TIF.
Good But overwhelmed
CLT,GBO,MFS,FUL,JAX
Worthless
NOR,TAM,CKV,HOU,CHI
Nashville not rated due to it's position of being the DUMPING GROUND of every POS truck and trailer in the company. I got in there Friday morning after running a AVL-NAS LTL....Had to campout until my NAS-ORL LTL was ready. The parking behind the shop was 2 deep across the whole backside of the shop. New POS VOLVO sleeper trucks parked everywhere, old friggen Trks&trls parked in the way....THE PLACE SUCKS.
BTW>>>>HOW ABOUT SPENDING SOME MONEY RESTRIPING THE LOTS AT EVERY SERCTR

Once again Knoxville shop showed how to do it right and quickly ! I had a random engine fault light that would come and go, but finally stayed on and killed my pulling power. 30,000lbs felt like 45,000lbs ! You talk about dragging up the mountains ! I dropped it off Wednesday morning, Danny said to leave it out back and they would get right to it. Jimmy and Franco, two of our senior mechanics, took the time to hear me explain how the performance had deteriorated during my last trip. I went off duty and when I returned that night she was ready to roll even with a fresh service. Turned out to be an EGR problem, the truck ran like a champ last night. I just thought I would share some GOOD news and give Danny and his guys a public thank you for taking good care of the truck assigned to me.
Danny was a great mechanic 35 years ago at Thurston Motor Lines, when I was blessed to work with him.I haven't seen him in years. He was even a much better person. Glad to hear he is still doing well.

BTW>>>>HOW ABOUT SPENDING SOME MONEY RESTRIPING THE LOTS AT EVERY SERCTR
No, we can't have that. They have to scrimp their millions of $$$ and throw it at BS like that ridiculous Andy Averitt (do they think their employees are children?) and the propaganda rag, " team Matters" (actually should be called " Who gives a crap about the team"). And not putting new steer tires on until a depth of 1/32 is reached, etc, etc.
"