R&L | Larry Roberts II resigned Friday

The way I see it is Larry2 is human if he wants to farm or whatever he does it is his life , his business I think we will just fine he is one person out of thosands here to be hoonest i think if he doesnt like what hes doing were better off with him leaving. Company have people come and go everyday what matters is freight levels for us and I think there picking finaly I hope yhey stay up.

When I interveiwed with L2 before I started with R&L I asked him, "I have seen a lot of trucking companies come and go. You are younger than me, how long do you intend to stay in it?"

He answered, "I love it, I will be in it forever"

Something sure changed

I have a best friend that told his two ex wifes same thing and then changed his mind I was standing beside him both times hes still my best friend just not married now. People change there mind from time to time

[quote author=dontcare link=topic=77272.msg812272#msg812272 date=1268584901]
I have a best friend that told his two ex wifes same thing and then changed his mind I was standing beside him both times hes still my best friend just not married now. People change there mind from time to time
[/quote]

Yep, thats exactly the same thing... (rolls eyes) Everbody changes their minds and walks away from a mutli million dollar business. A multi million dollar FAMILY business. Happens all the time

Look, just because he resigned doesn't mean he's gone. Not like it would be if you or I resigned.
It's not as if he can't get back in the terminal ever again.

Who knows what happened, he may have had words with Robbie and said "screw it, you want it so bad, here"
You know how the relationships between brothers go sometimes.

Point is that if he wants back in, he's back in. Personally, if I were him I probably would have walked away a long time ago.
But, then again, I can't stand to be in the same room with my brothers, run a business together?
No way, it would end up as a sole proprietorship within a week.......

Who cares. A guy who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, and has more money than you and I will EVER make at R&L decides to quit. Who gives a rats backside!! Let me guess, everything will be just a crappy at work as it was last week. Shocking!!! My job sucks, your job sucks, deal with it!!

[quote author=shadowr434 link=topic=77272.msg811077#msg811077 date=1268276094]
The ship is slowly sinking the writings on the wall for those of you who can read!!!

Help us help us MISTER ROBERTS!!!

Don't fret faithful slaves i just want to stick it in a little more :funky::eck13: AND YOU'LL BE ALL HAPPY AGAIN!!!

TO ALL OF YOU THAT HAVE BEEN KISSING MY :butt kiss: I REALLY ENJOYED IT AND I THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY :eck13:

SO UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN A M F !!!!! :biglaugh: :rofl2: :biglaugh: :BlahBlah: :shades:
Whats your issue Crockett?You an ex R+L or just being an azzhole?
[/quote] JUST TELLING IT LIKE IT IS BOY!!! 8)

[quote author=Moelives link=topic=77272.msg813319#msg813319 date=1268634149]
Who cares. A guy who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, and has more money than you and I will EVER make at R&L decides to quit. Who gives a rats backside!! Let me guess, everything will be just a crappy at work as it was last week. Shocking!!! My job sucks, your job sucks, deal with it!!
[/quote]

Not exactly true... L2's bassenet was in the area behind the seat of that 59 White his mom and dad humped over Jelico hauling furniture... That POS truck was kind of the start of R&L... Mary hand lettered the truck when they got the Mayflower contract because they couldn't afford to By have it done. By the way, it was R-L carriers not R&L originally, as in Ralph Larry Roberts. To much to paint on the door.

They still own the little house in WIlmington... Really humble beginnings. Sr got the White after his new IH got repo-ed (about 1971?)because it was broke down all the time.
L2 started cleaning the shop and washing parts...
Not to say they aren't mutli millionaires now. And yes, the money changed them. I met mary and Linda in Conley sweeping the dock...

Not exactly true... L2's bassenet was in the area behind the seat of that 59 White his mom and dad humped over Jelico hauling furniture...

How warm and fuzzy. Reminds me of Half Pint tendin' to the chickens while Pa plows the field.

This is a sad day for the company if Larry II is gone. He was the last of the owners in touch with the employees. The other two don't listen anymore. Roby will try to take the company public as soon as possible. It is a shame! And for those who sing their praises, you don't know them as I do. Between Larry II, Tom R and the late (and greatly missed) Linda they saved the pretty boys over and over again. What a sad day :(

Going public will be the death of this company in my opinion.They will continue to degrade and demoralize the employees and it will lead to a mass exodus or a major push for the teamsters.Either way its not the company I came to work for 6 years ago.

I here Sr runs the company and neaither larry2 or Robbie has control so I think all this is all about nothing. I think only Sr will decide if the company go's public no one else. From what I here it is still his baby and always will be Our V.P. Ops Corky said that Sr. is on every call and emails 24/7 and controls the pulse of R l carriers. He's a stand up person and just says it as it is.

Larry II handles the majority of the issues of equiptment that directly effects the employees and working conditions. I have spent a lot of time with the Roberts and a few years ago I would agree with you, however, I have seen the changes in the family in the past few years. I have seen them terminate long time employees after they were asked to take on a job they did not want to help out the company.
I have seen the focus change from making good money and taking good care of thier employees to hauling more and more freight for less and less money and then blaming the employees when the President of the truck line thinks making 4% in a billion in better then 14% on 800 million. Freight mamagement is hurting our company not the effort of the dedicated employees that built this company.

I dont know the family and have not spent time with them but I know now day God himself in ltl coundnt operate at 14% profit and if we are at 4% profit on a billion I say hes doing a hell of a job, look at fedex they have to have a ton of brains working for them and they opperated last quarter at 110% I'm not a @ss kisser but facts are facts today is much different than years past

WE need Tom Roberts back in the saddle he would really clean house with these YRC people and get back to being Great again and not just another LTL, Help Tom !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote author=dontcare link=topic=77272.msg814217#msg814217 date=1268962980]
I dont know the family and have not spent time with them but I know now day God himself in ltl coundnt operate at 14% profit and if we are at 4% profit on a billion I say hes doing a hell of a job, look at fedex they have to have a ton of brains working for them and they opperated last quarter at 110% I'm not a @ss kisser but facts are facts today is much different than years past
[/quote]You are saying that "God" himself couldn't operate an LTL at 14%...WOW, they also said God himself couldn't sink the Titanic....So God created the universe, and everything in it, but couldn't run a trucking company profitably...Very interesting!!! :poke: