Last paycheck

legally they owe you all moneys due you, but without any concrete representation you're on your own buddy. My advice is to file a complaint on behalf of yourself uner the WARN ACT with the NLRB. At least it's on record and IF they decide to pay you..... it's on record that you filed.

I can almost guarantee you there will be no pay for unused vaca time. I don't even think that's a fight you can win. They'll say they don't owe you for something you didn't work for. Vaca time not used will not be paid out.

CH 7 BK prioritizes creditors with wages being very near the top. Tax liens and legal fees are higher on that pecking order.

They will pay all priority debts that can't be discharged under Ch.7 proceedings first. Then all secured creditors, then the unsecured.

How our states defines wages varies. Some include accrued vacation in wages earned, others do not.

Are you certain you are receiving a last check or are you going to be told to file a claim as a secured creditor?

Jockey, not sure that's how it works under NJ state law. I am not certain as we don't have any employees or a business presence in NJ.

Jockey, not sure that's how it works under NJ state law. I am not certain as we don't have any employees or a business presence in NJ.
Unfortunately that is how it works when they use the unforeseen events BS..All Jevic employees lost vacation and personals.Its what the WARN act is supposed to protect against

And you are going to believe NCT? Talk to a lawyer that you pay for. Get the real story. The less NCT pays out, the more money the execs make in bonuses. When CF shut down, we collected until last year. When my wife lost her job with an airline, she collected also. Each time, the execs got bonus money to stay to liquidate. Do not trust the people who put you on the streets to be truthful to you!

When Nationsway shut their doors, I was owed $3700 in wages plus vacation. I got a check for $2300 then 2 more checks in the following years for perhaps $200. I was union. They held 2 weeks plus the last pay I received instead of being direct deposit was a rubber ball check. Wages take priority over vacation and you can see from my numbers how well I made out. I wish you well. If I was you I'd expect little and be shocked to get anything more. But I would fight those pricks anyway I could. What more do you have to lose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk