Yellow | Lay Downs

albag

Pray for peace!
PREMIUM
Credits
Ok, I will admit this is both humorous and sarcastic. But I have a question for my brothers and sisters who are road drivers.
Most motels that we stay at have a block of rooms reserved for drivers. So usually after the room is cleaned another driver will get the same room. Many times the "peek" hole in the door will be plugged with tissue paper.
WHY????:17142::hide::popcorn:

I think some guys are worried that someone will see them naked, not that you have anything to worry about, LOL

Might be the same guys who use toilet paper to block the space between the toilet stall doors and the door frame at 309!:hysterical:

Might be the same guys who use toilet paper to block the space between the toilet stall doors and the door frame at 309!:hysterical:
Thought #1- They are doing more behind closed doors than " their business"
Thought #2- they know something about a co- worker that they are not comfortable with.( lollollol lollollol). WHO REALLY KNOWS,!!!

Ok, I will admit this is both humorous and sarcastic. But I have a question for my brothers and sisters who are road drivers.
Most motels that we stay at have a block of rooms reserved for drivers. So usually after the room is cleaned another driver will get the same room. Many times the "peek" hole in the door will be plugged with tissue paper.

I've wondered the same thing. It's odd that almost every peek hole is like that. So someone has to have an explanation. I don't get it!

I think it might be the same person that sticks the little sticker from their fruit on the dash of the trucks....

That's so no one can see that the private activity they're engaged in is not being properly logged as "on duty, not driving".

:bananapartyhat:
I've wondered the same thing. It's odd that almost every peek hole is like that. So someone has to have an explanation. I don't get it!

I think it might be the same person that sticks the little sticker from their fruit on the dash of the trucks....
i cant believe it!!i see them damn stickers all the time on the east side....who is the sticker bandit???????

You'd think they would be more concerned with the pinhole camera hidden in the smoke detector over the bed........don't smile, it's creepy.

Depending on the door of the hotel.....it is done to keep the room darken for day time sleepers.....you have no idea how much light gets magnified in a dark room because of the peep hole, especially if the door has the sun shining on it constantly. ...there you have your answer, from a day sleeper......KK

Depending on the door of the hotel.....it is done to keep the room darken for day time sleepers.....you have no idea how much light gets magnified in a dark room because of the peep hole, especially if the door has the sun shining on it constantly. ...there you have your answer, from a day sleeper......KK

I call BS on that. If you're sleeping why are you making all those grunting sounds? :hide:

I always used one of those black eye masks. Very effective. Plus I think LOTS more light gets in around the curtains.
In the old days the cheaper motels would black the windows out completely. Kind of like sleeping in a cave. But those rooms and motels are pretty rare these days.

I always used one of those black eye masks. Very effective. Plus I think LOTS more light gets in around the curtains.
In the old days the cheaper motels would black the windows out completely. Kind of like sleeping in a cave. But those rooms and motels are pretty rare these days.

Black eye mask. kinky.

In the old days the cheaper motels would black the windows out completely. Kind of like sleeping in a cave. But those rooms and motels are pretty rare these days.[/. The Buffalo Motel covers their windows with FK gold yet.

At CF, we stayed at Cesar's in Burbank. I real dump except for the fact it had some windowless rooms! Those were great, as long as you weren't claustrophobic!

At CF, we stayed at Cesar's in Burbank. I real dump except for the fact it had some windowless rooms! Those were great, as long as you weren't claustrophobic!

Some companies had rooms right at (and part of) the terminal buildings - Maisin, Pilot to name a couple.

Big R had done away with bunk houses by the time I started. ABF had a few though.

Long time ago when I first started out on the road we junior guys were last ones dispatched of course and when we got to our destination bed, all the bunk rooms were filled up by the earlier dispatched senior guys and we were sent to the motel. One day one of the senior guys had a later start and he was dispatched out with us. When we arrived at our destination and were all sent to the motel he was totally blown away by seeing us junior guys with our swim trunks in the outdoor pool and then having a nice dinner at the motel restaurant. He couldn't believe we had it so good while he and the other senior guys spent their layover in the crappy terminal bunk rooms. Sometimes less seniority is better. :smile:

y'all can believe whatcha want but I have a good idea why the fist bump was invented.

the reason this is done is because Homer was peeking thru the cracks of the stalls on the outbound dock trying to discipline dockworkers for not telling some one they were using the bathroom several months back(true story):bat: