Yellow | lay off and insurance

eaglescout

TB Lurker
Credits
if you or a family member is being treated by a doctor and need ongoing treatment will your coverage terminate if you are laid off. Or will you have to self pay the $160 a week for self pay, heck that's half the $300 a week you receive for unemployment. Heck now that we voted the new contract in you have to work 3 days to receive h/w credit isn't that nice how that worked out for yrc. And you think they didn't see this coming less than a year ago? Come on lets not be so naive here
:deal:

it was that way at135 before the new contract and yes it is a real kick in the sack when you are not working. here the way it works your benefits are good till the end of the quarter that you last paid for then the next quarter what ever hours you were short that the company did not pay in you are responsible for if you want to keep your benefits. we have to work 420 hours a quarter to get full benefits paid. the last 3 years here i've paid over $1000 dollars for shortages every year. that really sucks if you only work1,2 or no days a week.

I think that if you are laid off and work at least one or two days a week, that you are covered under an "s" plan. Which has a higher deductable and higher co-pays. Does not have vision or dental. Its good to know that you are covered for a major problem.

if you or a family member is being treated by a doctor and need ongoing treatment will your coverage terminate if you are laid off. Or will you have to self pay the $160 a week for self pay, heck that's half the $300 a week you receive for unemployment. Heck now that we voted the new contract in you have to work 3 days to receive h/w credit isn't that nice how that worked out for yrc. And you think they didn't see this coming less than a year ago? Come on lets not be so naive here
:deal:
In Central States you will have coverage for 6 weeks if you have'nt used it up already. Your family member can opt for cobra with out you if your healthy for a lot cheeper. Did that with my wife and I just risked not having coverage on myself. She was getting Major Med. for about 95 per week. That way you can bypass all the pre existing condition worries but pray YOU don't get sick. :hide: