ODFL | Lay-off Recall

imported_kikbxr

TB Lurker
Credits
ROUGHLY 15 EMPLOYEES WERE LAID OF IN H-TOWN BACK IN NOV.. WHEN I WAS HIRED BACK IN SEPT., I WAS HIRED BEFORE SOME OR MOST OF THE 15 THAT WAS LAID OFF WITH ME. I`M DISTURBED THAT I`M JUST NOW BEING RECALLED WHILE A FEW THAT WERE INIATIALLY HIRED AFTER ME BACK IN SEPT.,WERE CALLED BACK FROM LAY-OFF BEFORE ME AND EVERY-ONE THAT WAS LAYED OFF:biglaugh: NOW HAS A NEW HIRE DATE.:chairshot: :smilie_132:

ROUGHLY 15 EMPLOYEES WERE LAID OF IN H-TOWN BACK IN NOV.. WHEN I WAS HIRED BACK IN SEPT., I WAS HIRED BEFORE SOME OR MOST OF THE 15 THAT WAS LAID OFF WITH ME. I`M DISTURBED THAT I`M JUST NOW BEING RECALLED WHILE A FEW THAT WERE INIATIALLY HIRED AFTER ME BACK IN SEPT.,WERE CALLED BACK FROM LAY-OFF BEFORE ME AND EVERY-ONE THAT WAS LAYED OFF:biglaugh: NOW HAS A NEW HIRE DATE.:chairshot: :smilie_132:

That sounds like c****e***** if that's right.

thats od 4 you:smilie_132:

Seems as if some places will lie to some of the newer drivers and keep them home with no work yet to have a new hire come in who works more swiftly.

you were out of work for 3 months???

that sucks im new to the company too. i started in august and it got really slow where i work and i was only working one day a week for a month or two. This one guy i know they didn't even tell him he was laid off he hasn"t worked since novemember

yeah that sounds right because at our driver meeting our tm says that this company dosent lay u off they fire you. i guess thats just how od handles "lay-offs"

ROADMANN,,,,,,,,,,,YEP,,3 MONTH LAYED-OFF. I`M LOOKING FOR OTHER MEANS OF EMPLOYMENT IF THIS IS THE METHOD OF HONESTY THAT IS BEING PRESENTED. I KNOW YELOW- JUST STARTED HIRING IN HOUSTON TX.AN AM PURSUING THAT.

i think its all about when u get hired, u might do better wit yellow if u get in there at the begining of the season so that u have allot of new people under u on the list, they hired people in august thinkin there would be allot of freight but they didint expect that drop on october

yeah that sounds right because at our driver meeting our tm says that this company dosent lay u off they fire you. i guess thats just how od handles "lay-offs
My TM says the same thing. OD does not "lay off". Also if he has to cut people it goes by productivity, not by seniority, its at his discretion.

ROADMANN,,,,,,,,,,,YEP,,3 MONTH LAYED-OFF. I`M LOOKING FOR OTHER MEANS OF EMPLOYMENT IF THIS IS THE METHOD OF HONESTY THAT IS BEING PRESENTED. I KNOW YELOW- JUST STARTED HIRING IN HOUSTON TX.AN AM PURSUING THAT.
i live in houston to try sefl r&l i know they are hiring now good luck

Seems as if some places will lie to some of the newer drivers and keep them home with no work yet to have a new hire come in who works more swiftly.

It's kinda like fishing,you got to get the hook set to keep the fish.Other words,show them what they can make,get them hungry for the big bucks,then you got them.They'll hang on in hopes of a good week.

Being Slow

HERE IN HICKORY IT HAS BEEN SLOW BUT WE HAVE WORKED EVERYDAY AND EVERYONE SO FAR! THERE HAS BEEN TIMES THAT HAD TO WORK THE DOCK TO GET MY TIME IN BUT IS HAS BEEN STEADY ENOUGH THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO DON'T GET TO COME IN IS THE PART TIME DOCK HELP THAT IS VERY WEIRD HOW FREIGHT IS SO DIFFERENT IN DEFFERENT PARTS OF TH COUNTRY

:smilie_132: KEVIN

the thing about GBO is (from what i hear) most of the N bound and S bound frt is going through MRT now which is why GBO is set up for it and no one working.
Wonder which 15 yrs in college grad came up with this one.