ODFL | Lay-Offs;

I work out of Southern California and just got a voicemail from my tm telling me not to run tonight and to come in tomorrow morning to talk to him. After seeing this thread I figure I'll be getting laid off tomorrow. The other posts were right that OD was really betting on YRCW going bankrupt and that's why they held off on a massive layoff. A couple of weeks ago our TM brought in several drivers that had been "laid-off" back in October to fill out an application and go get a drug test so that the terminal would be prepared in the event of a YRCW bankruptcy. But since YRCW was able to renegotiate their financing, I think OD is now finally confronting the fact that they have no choice but to start large layoffs.

I work out of Southern California and just got a voicemail from my tm telling me not to run tonight and to come in tomorrow morning to talk to him. After seeing this thread I figure I'll be getting laid off tomorrow. The other posts were right that OD was really betting on YRCW going bankrupt and that's why they held off on a massive layoff. A couple of weeks ago our TM brought in several drivers that had been "laid-off" back in October to fill out an application and go get a drug test so that the terminal would be prepared in the event of a YRCW bankruptcy. But since YRCW was able to renegotiate their financing, I think OD is now finally confronting the fact that they have no choice but to start large layoffs.

Welcome to the forum cman.I believe you're right.Good luck tomorrow,let us know how you come out.

This is not just hear say its very true!! I am caught up in this lay-off mess. Who knows how far and wide it will go but, 1500 to 2000 is not a stretch; its fact!!

They got the bottom four at ATW. I may be next, looks like I may have to go back into Truck load for while.

That really sucks, instead of sitting at home waiting on a load your in a Truck Stop.

They got the bottom four at ATW. I may be next, looks like I may have to go back into Truck load for while.

That really sucks, instead of sitting at home waiting on a load your in a Truck Stop.
Seems as if the wild board is taking all of the hits out here.I don't know if OD was even thinking about YRC two years ago when they started this hiring binge.Iwas told they were hiring for 20%growth but only had 10%. Every time we were told they hired another driver we'd just roll our eyes and shrug our shoudlers and try to make them feel welcome I think many of us had a bad feeling this could happen especially us older guys that have been through this before.Razorray I hope things work out at ATW.:smilie_132:

This is not just hear say its very true!! I am caught up in this lay-off mess. Who knows how far and wide it will go but, 1500 to 2000 is not a stretch; its fact!!

What I'm wondering is, how long before some of these management positions are targeted for lay off (not TM or ATM's) but operations, safety, claims, W&I, P&D, etc. Even when business was booming it seemed like there were way too many chiefs and too few indians. I've seen many positions that never existed before suddenly open up for friends of the higher ups. A whole lot of money is being wasted on this crap. Business is slow and they don't need all these chiefs. I saw it every day... these guys don't have anything to do so they surf the net all day and the biggest decision of the day is what to order for lunch. I saw it, you probably saw it , why can't corporate see it and let some of them go?

Sorry to hear about any of you guys who are now out looking for a new job, I wish you the best of luck. There is a website that I have been on lately, call Tools To Life, they just started a new program called Get a Job Tools, It helps with resume building and career profile building and is free for the next little while. Though I am still employed I am going through it just because you can never be too prepared. Go to toolstolife.com. It's a great web site and it is free.

morristown laid off 44 dockworkers the word came from linehaul dispatch said they were rebiding on the dock this afternoon

Why are we getting laid off

Just letting everyone know that the rumors are true about lay-offs 46 got laid off in Morristown, TN. What I dont understand is they are still expanding there and someone asked if they were losing money the Turminal Manager said "No" So what the heck are they laying off so many people. Everyone needs to give corporate a call maybe it would do some good!!!

So far around here,2wild drivers in WIC,1wild driver inSAL,2wild drivers inTOP+2p/d and 2dock laid off a couple of weeks ago.The 2WIC and theSAL drivers are real high quality guys ,The'll be missed by all.:smilie_132:Best of luck Brian,Greg,and Terry.

More gone today from PDX. 1 PnD driver, 1 dockworker, and the Safety Man was let go. It is getting real thin, but we are working pretty steady.

All the best to everyone that finds themselves in this position.

Midwest

Hi all,
We lost only city drivers today, that's all I heard of when I left work(till the next call). Wonder how many of the people expressed opinions at the mandatory info meetings that management didn't like(just a thought). Things r slow here and everywhere else, so we wish the best of luck to all who r paying for the rose colored glasses that some who "drive" desk have had on.
Yes we r still starting new classes, much cheaper in short run. Od will find out like so many other company's that the short term savings will be lost in the long run. I have worked at company's that have tried the same thing. It takes 6 months to a year for the bean counters to figure it out. They did good figuring out the silly no idle while hooking sets was a money pit, we had shops putting on 2+ new starters a day.:duh: Bet whomever claimed credit for that bright idea is :tapedshut: now.

Just letting everyone know that the rumors are true about lay-offs 46 got laid off in Morristown, TN. What I dont understand is they are still expanding there and someone asked if they were losing money the Turminal Manager said "No" So what the heck are they laying off so many people. Everyone needs to give corporate a call maybe it would do some good!!!

Welcome to the O.D.forum Laidoff from OD.The expansion was probably in anticipation of YRC's demise which nobody but a few bloodsuckers wants to see.

Hi all,
We lost only city drivers today, that's all I heard of when I left work(till the next call). Wonder how many of the people expressed opinions at the mandatory info meetings that management didn't like(just a thought). Things r slow here and everywhere else, so we wish the best of luck to all who r paying for the rose colored glasses that some who "drive" desk have had on.
Yes we r still starting new classes, much cheaper in short run. Od will find out like so many other company's that the short term savings will be lost in the long run. I have worked at company's that have tried the same thing. It takes 6 months to a year for the bean counters to figure it out. They did good figuring out the silly no idle while hooking sets was a money pit, we had shops putting on 2+ new starters a day.:duh: Bet whomever claimed credit for that bright idea is :tapedshut: now.

Welcome to the OD forum Danny Driver.The no idle guy is probably filed away somewhere with the back belt guy,what a waste of money.

64301226.jpg