FedEx Freight | Laying off

It's happening everywhere and FedEx is doing it too. Stallintis is laying people off and outsourcing jobs to India, Brazil and China. UPS just laid off a bunch of middle management and they're making hubs automated and getting rid of entire sort shifts and in some buildings, they're just shutting them down and merging them with bigger buildings.

My understanding from what I've seen on this is that FedEx is doing the same. Getting rid of engineers and mid level management. They've also shut down some supply chain buildings because customers went with different companies or just moved to another location.

Things are going to get worse before they get better for the general population.

outsider here...if you google map the Maspeth NY area, you'll see that FedEx has 3 huge terminals. 1 for ground, 1 for Express, and a 3rd that's newly built but lays vacant. why the need for 3 buildings approximately 5 minutes apart from one another ? also, if you go back to Google maps you will also see a huge Ground terminal, no less than maybe 10yrs old, nearby in Long Island City (about 10 minutes away). why ?

outsider here...if you google map the Maspeth NY area, you'll see that FedEx has 3 huge terminals. 1 for ground, 1 for Express, and a 3rd that's newly built but lays vacant. why the need for 3 buildings approximately 5 minutes apart from one another ? also, if you go back to Google maps you will also see a huge Ground terminal, no less than maybe 10yrs old, nearby in Long Island City (about 10 minutes away). why ?
Who took over the New Penn terminal in Maspeth?

That's normal for the service they provide and because those buildings are so old, they can't integrate the services and it's not like real estate is readily available. I've accidentally pulled into the wrong FedEx building a few times by accident because they're usually so close together.

That third building is probably for freight. It's gets expensive crossing the Hudson with multiple trucks everyday.

That's normal for the service they provide and because those buildings are so old, they can't integrate the services and it's not like real estate is readily available. I've accidentally pulled into the wrong FedEx building a few times by accident because they're usually so close together.

That third building is probably for freight. It's gets expensive crossing the Hudson with multiple trucks everyday.
I thought about freight, especially since they don't currently have one in the 5 boros. I believe they're currently in Long Island

think the one on 55th they are in is a partial bldg. The one under is probably replacing that one.

The South Chicago and Romeoville FedEx Ground centers are right around the corner from each other, less than a mile apart. Pretty big, similarly sized to each other. I see hostlers moving trailers between them. Chicagoland is filled with FedEx Freight and Ground centers. I've been to at least 8 FXF locations, and at least 9 FXG locations. I'm pretty sure Express operates out of O'Hare, but I haven't been there.

That's probably pretty normal for large, densely populated cities. Multiple terminals with a smaller service area, and a few hubs to feed them.

It's happening everywhere and FedEx is doing it too. Stallintis is laying people off and outsourcing jobs to India, Brazil and China. UPS just laid off a bunch of middle management and they're making hubs automated and getting rid of entire sort shifts and in some buildings, they're just shutting them down and merging them with bigger buildings.

My understanding from what I've seen on this is that FedEx is doing the same. Getting rid of engineers and mid level management. They've also shut down some supply chain buildings because customers went with different companies or just moved to another location.

Things are going to get worse before they get better for the general population.
https://www.wsj.com/business/amazon-vans-outnumber-ups-fedex-750f3c04 i am sure this doesn’t help either

I don't doubt it, but it does seem odd that I, nor anyone has seen a single Amazon del vehicle in this region.
That says how big they've become. That even though they're not even in this area, they're still bigger, being that they're ultra saturated everywhere else.

I honestly don't think Fx GAF about who's bigger. They'd prefer to be half the size, but more profitable.