FedEx Freight | Layoff victims

Cityslicker

TB Lurker
Credits
We lost 3 at my barn today.....they ARE given a choice though...

1. Take the layoff...you get benefits for a month...then after 90 days if not called back you are terminated.

2. $3000 walking bonus......end of story.

3. Take part-time dock position at $16.hr, no benefits.....

Good luck fellas.

1. Take the layoff...you get benefits for a month...then after 90 days if not called back you are terminated.

Good luck fellas.

$3000.00 sucks ,they should give you weeks pay for years served,they will fight you on unemployment too.:cuss:

It's a real shame. We've had some great people fight and die for this country and our politicians have given it all away to themselves and the rest of the world that doesn't even deserve or appreciate it.

Good luck fellas.

That's the first I've heard of a 3k "severance" payout.

They told us: Transfer (job class or location) where available, or be layed off.

When the small family owned businesses are gobbled up by big corporations in order to kill competition and grow even bigger, these behemoth corporations become arrogant, self centered and want to take, more than they give back, to employees and communities. I call these large monsters (corporations) 21st century SLAVE MASTERS. Yes folks, we are becoming the "slaves" to big corporations. We need to shrink these corporations and bring back FAIR competition. Think about it for a minute. And of course, government will not require any type of action or penalties for unfair labor and unfair competition because the GOVERNMENT allows this. This is called corruption and politician "buyout". Until we rise up to corporations and inaction from Government, these "monster corporations" gobbling up family businesses, that treat their employees with respect and fairness will continue to disappear. In fact, less and less family owned businesses will be created because they will not stand a chance to compete. And this practice by BIG Corporations has been going on for too long. Like Mc Cain said: " Rise up, rise up for what you believe in, rise up and FIGHT". And one does not have to rise up and protest with violence, but you can have plenty of anger and do it in a civilized way. I would not promote anarchy.[/QUOTE]

When my full time position was eliminated, they said they would not fight unemployment and didn't and gave a little more than $2000 severance pay. All the while working part timers. They only pay part time start at $13.50. I just need part time hours due to babysitting issue and kids in school, but I don't see any company keeping people for a dock job with no bennies and a future. Everyone quits when it gets cold anyway, except for the few of us, but the majority quit when winter sets in. I am not working now either. HR said no part timers for a while. Could be one month, could be three. How the business going to run well. All the guys at my terminal that are dock driver, aren't great loaders, slow and most don't care because they just want to drive. We have one that only cares about the freight he's taking. Good luck to FedEx. Heard they lost all the lawsuits at Ground too. I'm waiting to find out how that is also going to affect my family since my husband works for a contractor at the ground terminal in Kentucky and drives a Home Delivery truck.

National Cincinnati......bottom six dock and three office women.

they should cancel all the purchase vans and let are drivers haul the freight,then there would be no layoffs, what happened to people first.

they should cancel all the purchase vans and let are drivers haul the freight,then there would be no layoffs, what happened to people first.

Great post! I have been seeing these purchase vans at the hub increasing in the last couple of months. More drivers being cancelled on a regular basis and still Fedex wants to stuff the " People First" mentality up my nose. C'mon people, when will you start practicing what you preach instead of saying one thing and doing another? People First does not mean you have to pull our pants down and kiss our backsides, just keep us working so we can provide for what families we have left. This is one issue that really fries my potatoes, what a great time of year for a man or woman to find that they dont have a job anymore!!!:chairshot:

Your right!

Great post! I have been seeing these purchase vans at the hub increasing in the last couple of months. More drivers being cancelled on a regular basis and still Fedex wants to stuff the " People First" mentality up my nose. C'mon people, when will you start practicing what you preach instead of saying one thing and doing another? People First does not mean you have to pull our pants down and kiss our backsides, just keep us working so we can provide for what families we have left. This is one issue that really fries my potatoes, what a great time of year for a man or woman to find that they dont have a job anymore!!!:chairshot:

It's hard to see our people being effected by this. It's sad
to see so many "use to be" happy employees moaping around
with their heads down.
I know a driver who worked for CWX for close to 30 years
if not more, they just let him go too.
It's everywhere, we just have to make due with what we
have to work with. Nobody's has a secure job.

Good luck to everyone.....Oh and Happy Holidays to you and your families:snaggletooth:!

FUF

It's not really people first, it's customer first. They need to change their slogan. Even Fred said it himself. People First doesn't go for his employees, just the customer.What a kick in the sack!:nutkick:

Word is they got 4 guys out of my barn last night ... 2 dock, 2 drivers - the worst thing about it is you just cant go out there and replace your job like you could even a year ago , this is going to devestate familys not just at fedex but around the country . I was a babe when the "depresion" of the 80's was here but the storys of my Mom & Dad going to town once a month and treating themselves to a Coke scares the crap out of me - i'm a 21st centery digital boy, what if all this is just the tip of the iceberg - I think we are in for it

Fact is Companies could give a crap if you live or die. It's just the way it is. I've been poor in the past and I can do it again if need be. I have the experience :holysheep:

$3000.00 sucks ,they should give you weeks pay for years served,they will fight you on unemployment too.:cuss:

Don't quote me on this but if they had layoffs at other barns besides yours, I don't think they can fight it.

Good luck fellas.

After 90 days layoff your terminated?? That's ridiculous....so if they call you after 6 months do you start back at bottom scale again? I think we have 2 year call back rights with full pay and bennies. Good Luck.

if you make it back within 1yr you get your pay and vacation back.but your at the bottom.i know because i did it when i went to usf...if you get back within 6mo it saves alot of paperwork and you dont have to do the driving test again.and the process is sped up alittle...however that my have changed sence rule book is done in pencil!!!