Central Transport | Layoff

Not any around here yet, its crazy...Hiring more drivers, cutting the hours so the they don't have to pay the OT, but no, no lay offs yet.

We(pjax) moved into a new terminal in Grand rapids last friday, vitran is moving in this friday, were not expecting any layoffs but ill let everyone know.

So far so good on the merger in GRR, vitran moved in last friday, they came out with the new senority list and posted it. Most of us knew we were gonna move down the list. The TM drew up a list of routes and we all bid on them,even though some arent happy where they ended up at, it was fair. We ended up with 6-8 guys with no routes, calling them FLEX drivers, filling in for vacations, sick calls, and volume runs, ect....so far no layoffs yet, heres keeping my fingers crossed. I will say the new terminal is great, we moved into the old Alvan terminal, twice as many doors and 5-6 times the room in the yard..so A+ for that.

Ctn

you can bet vitran or pjax won't attract any business or hi caliber driver's from any of the 30 ctn driver's. That was the most unprofessional way to handle closing a terminal i've ever seen.. NO option to transfer, anywhere.

So far so good on the merger in GRR, vitran moved in last friday, they came out with the new senority list and posted it. Most of us knew we were gonna move down the list. The TM drew up a list of routes and we all bid on them,even though some arent happy where they ended up at, it was fair. We ended up with 6-8 guys with no routes, calling them FLEX drivers, filling in for vacations, sick calls, and volume runs, ect....so far no layoffs yet, heres keeping my fingers crossed. I will say the new terminal is great, we moved into the old Alvan terminal, twice as many doors and 5-6 times the room in the yard..so A+ for that.

A new terminal, A seniority list and bids on runs. It sounds like Grand Rapids is doing things right :thumbsup:

Good Luck.....

Lay-offs in Brownstown

Well I just got the word, I'm laid-off! tried to find out how many but they would not say. Good luck to everyone,guess I'll have to work for K-mart(I hope)

Well I just got the word, I'm laid-off! tried to find out how many but they would not say. Good luck to everyone,guess I'll have to work for K-mart(I hope)

Sorry to here it Bro, still some good co's hiring, best of luck to you and your's, our thought's and prayers are with you and anyone still working for god forsaken Vitran

We are just leaving people home for a day or so. How long is the lay off? Im sorry to hear it man, and anyone else that has been laid off!!

The letter says "permanent seperation from your employment". It also says that if you want to be considered in the future for a job you have to fill out a new app!! I wonder where they are going with this?

Re-apply means new starting wage which will probably be about 15 an hour. Out here in NJ all our new hires will not be considered R&L employees,they will be leased to a company R&L spun off,at a starting rate of 16.20 an hour. 3 months now and still no candidates.Soak up that unemployment money and enjoy the time off. Hopefully economy will shape up and better opportunities will come up.Good luck to all you guys!!!!

you can bet vitran or pjax won't attract any business or hi caliber driver's from any of the 30 ctn driver's. That was the most unprofessional way to handle closing a terminal i've ever seen.. NO option to transfer, anywhere.

what business they gonna get from the drivers moving there stuff out. no vitrans was crap the way they handled the closing had nothing to do with pjax that was your beautiful loser owner of vitran