Central Transport | Layoff

The letter says "permanent seperation from your employment". It also says that if you want to be considered in the future for a job you have to fill out a new app!! I wonder where they are going with this?

sounds pretty obvious where they are going. you don't work here no more go find a job, but if we rehire you can apply and mayber we will hire you again so you can be let go again next time we slow down

Laid off or let go?

The letter says "permanent seperation from your employment". It also says that if you want to be considered in the future for a job you have to fill out a new app!! I wonder where they are going with this?

I have gotten the point that its pretty much a permanent lay off, therefore the drivers being laid off prolly aren't coming back. Let me ask this then... Why is being called a lay off?? If it is &quot;permanent seperation from your employment&quot; then that sound like they are truly being let go for good. That doesn't seem like a lay off to me? Am I wrong? This is all crappy. All my love to all of you <3 :console:

So Long

thanks for all the good words babygurl.you never know maybe things will pick back up after the election,and once the market is back in line.Alot of companys are afraid right now to over their heads.you can't blame thembecause there have already beenalot of closed trucking companys just in the last 6 months

I get the idea its called a loyoff is this way you can collect unemployment and you can tell any other job prospects without any hassles.

It might not seem like it now but Its better than just saying your fired.

I wish those who had this happen the best of luck...