Holland | Layoffs 9-19-08 Joliet (city)

six letters of recall sent(9-23)a step in the right direction?
Absolutely! That is great news. However, lets not get too excited about the call backs. Recently, the recall letters were just about passed, at the post office, by the lay off letters going to the same employee.
But, hopefully that is not the case this time.:1036316054:

Dont count on it, I've been laidoff since July 18th and was working here and there until last of Aug. and then they stopped calling.

been on lay-off since 09-15-08 and can never get a straight answer from our BA.

It is what it is, does not pay the bills :BS: . and they are way over their 25% rule so they really need to call us back :mad:

I've been laid since 7-18-08 and you tell me that there not working over 25% in the middle of summer????? Somethings gotta give. You tell me!!! I dont know to do, no one wants hire me cuz I work for USF Holland and the want me to quit before I get hired. Its way less money and alot harder work. Not saying im not affaird of hard work but is hard to quit a job making $22.78 hour doing what us HOLLAND DRIVER DO and going to $14.00 working 60 hours a week running your butt off. But the UP side is if im making $14.oo hour 60 hours a week and not laid off I guess it be ok. I DONT KNOW!!! Does anyone have a answer for me???????

I've been laid since 7-18-08 and you tell me that there not working over 25% in the middle of summer????? Somethings gotta give. You tell me!!! I don't know to do, no one wants hire me cuz I work for USF Holland and the want me to quit before I get hired. Its way less money and a lot harder work. Not saying i'm not afraid of hard work but is hard to quit a job making $22.78 hour doing what us HOLLAND DRIVER DO and going to $14.00 working 60 hours a week running your butt off. But the UP side is if im making $14.oo hour 60 hours a week and not laid off I guess it be ok. I DONT KNOW!!! Does anyone have a answer for me???????
Try to hold on as long as you can Bro. I know, easy for me to say. But, hopefully these 25% grievances get heard soon, we win, and you get brought back. Good luck.

Not saying im not affaird of hard work but is hard to quit a job making $22.78 hour doing what us HOLLAND DRIVER DO and going to $14.00 working 60 hours a week running your butt off. But the UP side is if im making $14.oo hour 60 hours a week and not laid off I guess it be ok. I DONT KNOW!!! Does anyone have a answer for me???????
Well, obviously you have to do what you have to do to take care of yourself and your family. Louisville seems like a big enough city to get a better paying job than $14./hr, no? There are no other big freight companys that pay decent down there? Or were you referring to the starting (wage progression) rate? If you dont have much time in the union, I would say move on. It's been going on 3 months for you, and it will slow down even more in the winter. Combine that with the fact that YRC doesn't give a rats *** about you or your family. Mgmt. at your local barn MIGHT, but they dont call the shots on layoffs/callbacks. The bean-counter that does, only cares about 1 thing, and unfortunately it's not you or your well-being. Sometimes you got to know "when to fold 'em". Good luck either way usfboy.

letters of recall issued today and all will be back to work:beerchug: now all we have to do is stay working....:)

That's GOOD NEWS. DHL in the Chicago area laid off 60 today . More coming SOON as they DOWNSIZE OR RIGHTSIZE

That's GOOD NEWS. DHL in the Chicago area laid off 60 today . More coming SOON as they DOWNSIZE OR RIGHTSIZE

Man sorry to hear that. if Holland did that they would have no one left to work (that's is an understatement). Hope you all get called back soon.