Yellow | Layoffs at your terminal

Docksteward

Teamsters Local 71
Credits
I know the economy is slow but this is the beginning of the "busy season". I was just wondering how many people are in layoff at your terminal?

At 671, we have 49 of a total of 180 on layoff on the dock.

I don't think we have any P+D laid off.

Some of the other 671 guys that post here may know more about P+D, switching and linehaul.

What's it like at your terminal?

d.s., according to a buddy who works in the city @ 671.....since the FIRST coo 2 1/2 years ago, they have gone from 50 P&D bids down to around 30. All the company did to compensate, was to increase each of their territories....now instead of working 8-10 hours a day, they work 12+ on average....:red_bandana:

here at terminal (313) MILWAUKEE WI, the seniority list is 138 with 36 on lay off, there's a lot a work , management keeps calling the lay off guys every day. some are getting more overtime then the people not even layed off. they won't even call one back, plus four are off due to sickness

I know the economy is slow but this is the beginning of the "busy season". I was just wondering how many people are in layoff at your terminal?

At 671, we have 49 of a total of 180 on layoff on the dock.

I don't think we have any P+D laid off.

Some of the other 671 guys that post here may know more about P+D, switching and linehaul.

What's it like at your terminal?

I think we have 3 or 4 on the dock out of 27
6 P&D out of 36 still on layoff.......at Charlotte NC (681)

here at terminal (313) MILWAUKEE WI, the seniority list is 138 with 36 on lay off, there's a lot a work , management keeps calling the lay off guys every day. some are getting more overtime then the people not even layed off. they won't even call one back, plus four are off due to sickness
Welcome to Truckingboards, WIS KID.:1036316054:

This seems to be the norm anymore at RDWY, work the L/O men 40+ but not call them back. :chairshot: DS.

With the velocity going on, 342 has called quite a few back in the city and added 8 to 10 P&D jobs. We now have less than 10 laid off, however we do not bid 10% so the bottom 10 are pretty much working all they want. Most of the jobs added are early starts, 06:30 P&D's, 07:30 P&D's, 4am dock, in an effort to get the freight back and worked earlier. Seem's to be paying off, we have been buzy.

This seems to be the norm anymore at RDWY, work the L/O men 40+ but not call them back. :chairshot: DS.

Too many laid off here at 211 ( I think 30 or more dock/yard ) lots of freight and laid off guys getting 7 days. I think they all should sign out and force the company to bring them back off layoff status, then they would get their vacation, personal days, sick days, and work before regulars on overtime days. My opinion is the company is using the layoff to have more guys on call than the 10% allowed by contract, they are getting their h/w and pension paid any week they work 3 days so it is not saving money on that end. Oh yeah yesterday and today there was at least 1 Casual that worked 16 hours each day.

I know everyone wants to keep thier H&W, but as long as you let them call you at will, why would they call you back. I have always figured get layed-off go get a job and make them call some people back.

problem with that is that if you dont come in after the call the parade of $14 casuals will start

yeah, company figures if full time laid off guys don't want to come back time to turn on the casual faucet and let those laid off full time guys to never be called back again, i'm glad i'm not laid off but i can say these terminals i transfer into are dumpier and dumpier as i go along with these changes, 120 was very clean and neat and orderly, i go to my next terminal and we have no tools, tools that don't work properly, and no place to put tools.....well us 120 guys that came up there fixed their a$$es and they got all the tools 120 had, now i'm gonna transfer again and what i hear AGAIN is that they have no tools, tools that don't work properly, and no place to put tools.......back to the drawing board :argue: hope these top bosses who's job is it to allow these transfers to occur realize tools is a very important issue cause if you get new hires not using proper tools to work they will make the place look like a worser dump than what it really is :chairshot:

three line haul in Milwaukee effective 8-16-08 @ 23:59... fifth time for me since November 2007... getting hard to hang on... best of luck to the brothers and sisters who are in the same boat

all i hear from the terminal manager is that we are to grow the business, by moving the frt. around us to a terminal that gives them one bill an hour, sending frt. south when it's going north. how are we supposed to grow the business when theirs no more room since yellow moved in. yes i see more lay offs and hardships (miss management , THE YRC WAY:spam1:)