Holland | Layoffs, but "Help Wanted" like mad????

FX Sam

TB Regular
Credits
I have been doing some investigating on other web pages for companys and notice how much hiring is going on. With people on lay off but the "Hire Sign" out front is kinda silly.

At USF Holland your web site is looking for drivers,dock,casual, Op.Sups and Term. Managers. I am saying they are hiring for alot of places and over 140 jobs are open in this area alone, other areas of administration is even worse at how many jobs are open..

What is the deal with this? Guys on layoff or 1-3 days a week, why not just put these people back to work in some form in these spots and make it better for all?

I will say this is going on with many LTL companys, but Holland seems to have the majority of layoffs with the majority of hiring going on. Why are so many drivers,dock hands and management positions open??

I am not bashing you guys at all, just wondering why your company is looking for help when alot of you are on layoff or part time now. Something aint right here.

Thanks.

Your in florida and Holland is hiring there? Maybe we are expanding, cuz I didnt know we ran Florida. I want a transfer!! Thanks for the inside scoop!!! That would explain all the help wanted ads down there wouldnt it?:chairshot:

I never said I was looking to hire on with Holland nor did I say they were in Florida.

I simply like to do some searches on different LTL companys and I feel the heart ache for the guys on lay off when the Help Wanted sign is out. I also said I was not bashing you guys so CHILL OUT DUDE!

I never said I was looking to hire on with Holland nor did I say they were in Florida.

I simply like to do some searches on different LTL companys and I feel the heart ache for the guys on lay off when the Help Wanted sign is out. I also said I was not bashing you guys so CHILL OUT DUDE!
UUUhhhh! you state your location as florida, and then say there are 140 jobs available there! Dont worry, I am very "chilled" out dude. I also never said you should look to hire on at Holland. Where exactly are you going with this? Dont you think we know we have drivers laid off right now? Most of us do the best we can to keep track of the shenanigans of management at YRC. But its getting harder everyday!:nutkick:

I said jobs were on your web site, not here you duffas

Your negative rep is making sense now smart guy! You got my PM. So quit trying to start shiot in my home forum!!!! Go back to ccx or wherever you usually type your spew in. We dont need it here! Your moderators are quick to delete the post of a union driver arent they. Friggin cowards.

Your negative rep is making sense now smart guy! You got my PM. So quit trying to start shiot in my home forum!!!! Go back to ccx or wherever you usually type your spew in. We dont need it here! Your moderators are quick to delete the post of a union driver arent they. Friggin cowards.

From your posts here and in PM I think the problem lies with employees like you and not YRC.:biglaugh::biglaugh::1036316054:

From your posts here and in PM I think the problem lies with employees like you and not YRC.:biglaugh::biglaugh::1036316054:

Do tell smart guy!! How am I the down fall of Holland. Because I show up on time and get the freight to destination an hour to an hour and a half ahead of ETA every night? Is that it? Doesnt matter, once the mods wake up they will most likely delete the whole thread! There is rules here scabb boy. One thing I can say for you though, you definitlely got my blood boiling, as i'm sure was your intent from the beginning!!:chairshot:

Going thru his past posts, I see why he has such a negative rating.
How does the old saying go..... "It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Bible
Nuff Said (Shot down in flames!)

Going thru his past posts, I see why he has such a negative rating.
How does the old saying go..... "It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Bible
Nuff Said (Shot down in flames!)

Ok, well we have been PM'ing and everything is cool so we can get back on track of the thread now!!:1036316054: I have no further comments about him personally!

Has Holland hired anyone?

I know nothing about Holland and I'm not saying they have hired anyone, but I have seen 2 new faces in the area I run. This would be your Falls Creek, Pa terminal which is very small. I hope they are a couple of new-hires. They are nice guys.:1036316054:
You have a good group of guys there.

From Top Flight:
I have been doing some investigating on other web pages for companys and notice how much hiring is going on. With people on lay off but the "Hire Sign" out front is kinda silly.

Are you saying that you are a detective for the Union, newspaper, magazine or law enforcement? Those are the people that usually do investigating.

At USF Holland your web site is looking for drivers,dock,casual, Op.Sups and Term. Managers. I am saying they are hiring for alot of places and over 140 jobs are open in this area alone, other areas of administration is even worse at how many jobs are open..

Wow, like we as drivers have anything to do with hiring. Its not "our" web site its YRC Hollands web site. How can you even begin to understand what they're doing when we as employee's see it every day and we have no clue why they do what they do.

What is the deal with this? Guys on layoff or 1-3 days a week, why not just put these people back to work in some form in these spots and make it better for all?

Who knows why, they just do it, because they want to. Do you think that maybe since we pay nothing toward our pension, our insurance and make great money they might just want to try and get the newer people to give up and go somewhere else. Maybe, if they can get people that don't have very much time invested in Holland to quit and then hire another new person in their place it might save them some money. Then the whole process starts all over again, maybe.

I will say this is going on with many LTL companys, but Holland seems to have the majority of layoffs with the majority of hiring going on. Why are so many drivers,dock hands and management positions open??

I haven't seen any new faces at our terminal in over a year. Most companies take applications from time to time just to keep them up to date just in case they need them. I don't know where you get Holland has the most layoffs or hiring? They can put up a job on their web site but that doesn't mean they will hire anybody.

I am not bashing you guys at all, just
wondering why your company is looking for help when alot of you are on layoff or part time now. Something aint right here.

Again, we don't have any say as to how the day to day operations are ran. Nor do we have anything to do with people being hired or laid off. Maybe you should invest several thousand or maybe even several million of your own dollars in YRCW stock. Then when you go to a stockholders meeting you can ask YRCW CEO, Bill Zollars, your important investigative questions.

I'm not bashing you guys either but why do you have to pay for everything extra yourselves? Why is it they can fire you for just about any reason that they make up? Why is it that you are concerned about Holland other than being an investigator? Why is it that most of us make more money, not including our Union perks, than you do for doing the same thing? I'm including the millions of people that we have on layoff and working part-time as you say, too. There are so many questions that I would like to ask but I'm not going to, it doesn't concern me because I'm very happy where I'm at. I'm not saying that there aren't better places to work but I've never found one yet. Next time that you start getting all concerned about we poor abused people at Holland, don't. We are just fine as long as people don't ask a bunch of questions about things that don't concern them.

Thanks.

Your welcome and thats just my own opinion, Benny

There are over 200 job postings on the USF Holland website, both management and labor. Fact is Topflight in Allentown a sign is posted out front for p&d local drivers if a labor position is what your after. Its most likely just a vacation fill as you'd most likely be walking in the fall as with most anyone else. If its a Road position Holland over hired 3-4 years ago thinking they would expand to former Dugan and Red Star territory but it hasn't come to be. The manager position openings scares me. 401-k with YRCW stock doesn't help. You could just sell it every quarter.

I said jobs were on your web site, not here you duffas
Really, lets look at what you said:
I am saying they are hiring for alot of places and over 140 jobs are open in this area alone, other areas of administration is even worse at how many jobs are open.
And you list your location as Ocala, Fl. So it would seem that you are indeed saying there are 140 openings in your area (Ocala, Fl) alone, which we know that is not true. This is where you lost any credibility you may have had. Then again, judging by your (negative) rep points, you have no credibility anyway.