Central Transport | Layoffs Coming

runawaytrain

Wear their scorn with pride.
Credits
The numbers are not sustainable and downsizing is their only option.

Last edited by a moderator:
they'll prob just starve the employees that they want gone, whether it be financial or other reasons. try to make them leave so there's no unemployment filings and then layoff at last resort.

I think it's too far gone for that.....We will know in a few months.

I have heard nothing of lay offs but have seen with my own eyes an increase of firings and suspensions of people not doing their jobs or acting out. The firings and suspensions I have seen are justified.

Don't see anyway to avoid it. I haven't heard any talk of it at my term, but we were way down on inbound Friday. Outbound seemed to be about the same level, but the weights were 44K,41K in the vans and 36K in the pups to cover the # of drivers we have now. We don't leave anyone setting at home on LH since we are short, but I did check with Stephenie and TOL did set 10 of their LH at home Wed. like Buckeye7 stated. Can't all be blamed on purchased transport either. Of the 6 I see every night, 4-5 leave with empties. Central claims we are short of LH drivers, but I claim they just don't utilize the drivers they have. Hub and Spoke worked with the volume we had 12-15 months ago, but they need a new plan now.

Vitran should have been firing the bad apples 4 years ago, doing ut now alittle too late. And for the LH empty miles make for emptypockets for the company. Sounds like some lay overs should be back in the works.

Storms coming.....Clouds are dark....Cold winds of change will be blowing in soon. Prepare yourself. I've been doing this longer than some of you have been alive. You have been warned. Don't be blindsided. Don't go buy anything new you can't afford.

I am curious will they be in the office,on the dock,or will drivers feel the impact of the inept fed ex gang

saw a memo on dispatcher desk today. it said layoffs are coming to hbg terminal. looks like big paint account going to another carrier.
I have heard nothing of lay offs but have seen with my own eyes an increase of firings and suspensions of people not doing their jobs or acting out. The firings and suspensions I have seen are justified.

A standard company balance sheet has 3 parts: assets, liabilities and ownership equity. This company is in deep trouble.( U.S.) At this point that's all that needs to be said. Downsizing must happen for this company to survive. Any CPA would tell you that. It's simple math.

Our OS&D clerk gave his notice today in Dallas because he was cut back on hours. Got a job at Old Dominion where our former TM of 5 years went. Paul Smith is one of their dispatchers now and quite happy. Jon Craig the clerk that is leaving said the current TM told all the office people that it was that time of the year when things are slow and cuts where needed. REALLY !!!! That time of year ??? This is August not December......Jon was very good at his job and very proficient on the AS/400. It's really pathetic this company is not smart enough to keep from losing good employees.

Our OS&D clerk gave his notice today in Dallas because he was cut back on hours. Got a job at Old Dominion where our former TM of 5 years went. Paul Smith is one of their dispatchers now and quite happy. Jon Craig the clerk that is leaving said the current TM told all the office people that it was that time of the year when things are slow and cuts where needed. REALLY !!!! That time of year ??? This is August not December......Jon was very good at his job and very proficient on the AS/400. It's really pathetic this company is not smart enough to keep from losing good employees.

Tell Cupcake that Happymeal from Wichita says good luck

I will do that Ballsout (Happymeal).......And I will tell Cindy, Valerie, and Debra you send your love as well.

the word here is that Ward bought you guys
They better have plenty of money to fix this place because its still broken....They need a greater sales force and most TM's need replacing. This place can be fixed but it still is in need of a major overhaul. It will take millions more to get it right. A good TM is the biggest key, not some young yuppie still wet behind the ears with a poor work ethic. Someone that's willing to get down in the trenches with his men and get off the computer and stop manipulating numbers. And that is not easy to find. Todays generation is not what it use to be.