Holland | Layoffs

jarhead13

TB Lurker
Credits
Would everyone please post if and how many road Drivers were put on layoff at each terminal on 06/06/08. I am curious if these Numbers match the UE numbers.

Indy:
6/6/08: 3 more road Drivers for a total of 18.
5/30/08: 4 more bids lost.

So much for the Utility Employee not affecting us.
I hope that everyone that voted yes on this contract is happy with their choice.

Welcome to the ME generation. Where is our Leadership? They have not honored any promises that were made at the contract meetings and in their mailers. I saw it coming.

We have one utility employee at Erie, and they laid off one road Friday. Freight is slow here lot of shops closing down for two weeks, and it is the beginning of the month. Freight business sucks right now. At least we can enjoy the benefits of summer, fishing and having a beer or two.

Would everyone please post if and how many road Drivers were put on layoff at each terminal on 06/06/08. I am curious if these Numbers match the UE numbers.

I was told that there was 33 road drivers system wide layed off Friday night.

I do not think there was any in the south for once!! (We have already been hit harder then any other area).

In WB 1 road went to the UE position last starting week (wasn't replaced), 1 road laid off friday the 6th, and WB sat on 5 linehaul loads monday the 9th.......:hysterical::smilie_132:

Indy:

I hope that everyone that voted yes on this contract is happy with their choice.

Welcome to the ME generation. Where is our Leadership? They have not honored any promises that were made at the contract meetings and in their mailers. I saw it coming.
The mailers and promises were from our union not the company so I guess you know who not to trust!:toxic::toxic:

On the same page (idea wise)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead13
Indy:

The mailers and promises were from our union not the company so I guess you know who not to trust!

See my post "Conversation"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead13
Indy:

The mailers and promises were from our union not the company so I guess you know who not to trust!

See my post "Conversation"
absolutely. i know from my experience that i can never trust a company geek. so they don't surprise or scare me. it's my teamster leadership that has me concerned. deeply concerned.

When IS 2ND BUSINESS QUARTER UP

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE SECOND BUSINESS QUARTER IS UP. I AM CURIOUS TO SEE WHAT COMES OUT OF YRCW AFTER SECOND QUARTER. :nutkick::chairshot::hide:

And I think that their business year ends June 30 and the new business year starts July 1.
I think that the fiscal year usually ends in April but I dont think it has to, so I dont know about YRC! but just throwing that out there.:1036316054: Mar.31-apr 1 basically end of first quarter is usually end of fiscal year I thought!