LayOffs

bigbird42368

TB Veteran
Credits
I guess everyone is waiting for someone to start so here it is.
I want to be the first to say how bad i feel for all the employees who were effected by the company reductions this week. May you all recover very quickly is my prayer.Hang in there . :-(

We don't know when it will be over for sure so maybe they will post something when we can all breath again.I know the economy is to blame but it sure does suck.

Reductions in Work Force

Gentlemen,

As A9FANINNC mentioned, this is happening terminal by terminal, and has not been limited by only one classification of job, but has effected many.

No one, including ownership ever wants to see anyone loose their job, but due to the slow down in the economy, we realized that in order to strengthen the company, changes had to be made.

While it is unfortunate that some of our co-workers have been effected by this reduction, it does allow our company to gain strength for long term stability.

By everyone working together, not only will we get thru this, but we will be stronger.

This company is not made up of green trucks with red bumpers, but awesome people. Our people are what make our company great.

With everyone pulling in the same direction for the same reason, we will get thru this.

Thank you all for a job well done.

Mark Chase - Leadfoot Ultra

Thanks for the words Leadfoot , I would hate to be in your shoes for this. You are right though . We are strong and do have the best drivers in our fleet.

I also want to Thank Leadfoot for explaining to us what is going on. I, like my brother Big Bird do wish and pray for the best for all the drivers, here at Wilson.We do, I Think, have some of the best drivers that could possibly be had, Good Luck to all of them. Sincerly BigW-RD

fld going mia lot of good people caught in the cross fire if youknow what i mean gotta feel bad for everyone:sadwavey

Heard FLD and Eden were going to close, maybe Fredericksburg. Hate hearing rumors, and no official message

The company felt that it was best and proper to speak with the employees in EDN and FLD about their facilities consolidating into GBO and MIA first. It would not be the right thing to do to announce something officially and have those employees find out that way.

So, FLD and EDN are being consolidated as stated above but FRD is not true.

The company felt that it was best and proper to speak with the employees in EDN and FLD about their facilities consolidating into GBO and MIA first. It would not be the right thing to do to announce something officially and have those employees find out that way.

So, FLD and EDN are being consolidated as stated above but FRD is not true.
thanks for the clarifications Easyrider

Yes thanks as well, but your hear so many things I would say second hand, but should be like 10th hand. I just feel for the ones that are affected by losing their jobs. Could be any of us, if we are in wrong location.

Could any of you tell me how the Roa. term is making out? I had some good friends that worked with me there. Have any of the road drivers been laid off?